Pre-Game Talk: Gothenburg open practice 11am

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I can't wait to watch it later, I hope Draisaitl got a really good experience out tonight. The guy deserves that.

I agree. That for me was the most enjoyable part of this whole Germany thing...seeing Leon bursting with pride.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well I mean it's the place he had to "leave" to pursue the NHL dream and now he gets to display achievement of that dream at home, what a Story. That's a ****ing Disney move. :laugh:

No s**t.

Its really incredible. I am curious how they decided on going to Cologne.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No s**t.

Its really incredible. I am curious how they decided on going to Cologne.
They were probably aware of this, plus it's always good to have a player like Draisaitl, (or Hischer with NJ in Switzerland) to promote the game internationally as stars.

Reactions: guymez

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
DAdi8GvXcAES9px.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They were probably aware of this, plus it's always good to have a player like Draisaitl, (or Hischer with NJ in Switzerland) to promote the game internationally as stars.

Cologne location was a no brainer as Lanxess arena is the highest attendance, and one of the most modern arenas in Europe. Cologne is a walkable city, with activities team could do together and bond, and obviously the Leon and Peter connection.

Agree that the whole thing came off pretty magically. It did as well when Peter Draisaitl spent months in Edmonton during the Oilers playoff run.

Finally, to any Oilers fan of old the Peter-Leon relationship is remarkably similar to the Messier relationship with his father who was also his coach. You couldn't be in the oilers org without noticing it. Leon and Peter are just a german version of the same thing. With Peter having even more hockey experience to draw on.

What people should like most is that the present org again realizes the importance of familial relationships and reinforcing those.. Players feel more comfortable when their parents are welcomed within the fold. This happening with McD and DRai, probably others but didn't happen for some prior players here.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Cologne location was a no brainer as Lanxess arena is the highest attendance, and one of the most modern arenas in Europe. Cologne is a walkable city, with activities team could do together and bond, and obviously the Leon and Peter connection.

Agree that the whole thing came off pretty magically. It did as well when Peter Draisaitl spent months in Edmonton during the Oilers playoff run.

Finally, to any Oilers fan of old the Peter-Leon relationship is remarkably similar to the Messier relationship with his father who was also his coach. You couldn't be in the oilers org without noticing it. Leon and Peter are just a german version of the same thing. With Peter having even more hockey experience to draw on.

What people should like most is that the present org again realizes the importance of familial relationships and reinforcing those.. Players feel more comfortable when their parents are welcomed within the fold. This happening with McD and DRai, probably others but didn't happen for some prior players here.
Fair comments, I would want someone to look back in 10 years at where German hockey might be to see if this was one of the sparks that allowed the program go to the next level.

Reactions: Aerrol

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

What prior parents werent welcome here? The Oilers as a whole have been very welcoming. No reason to try and run the organization through the mud!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So did anyone end up meeting up? I'd settle for SFW pics of the brothel if nothing else JTS :)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Fair comments, I would want someone to look back in 10 years at where German hockey might be to see if this was one of the sparks that allowed the program go to the next level.
If they had of held on and beat the Russians in the Gold medal game would have been a big boost . Or should I say OAR. Olympics Athletes from Russia

Pulju Propagandist

Jesse’s Bison
Jul 7, 2016
It ****ing sucks to watch other teams play knowing that Edmonton has one game scheduled for the next seven days.
Will it make our schedule more condensed....or just that we will be a little behind for awhile in GP? Havent had a chance to check our the sched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad