Pre-Game Talk: Gothenburg open practice 11am

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I really like the look of the forwards.

The defence I'd prefer without Benning, or at least him not paired with Nurse or Klefbom. He doesn't work well with those guys. Tbh, I'd prefer Russell in the top 4 and Garrison with Benning or better yet Bear or Bouchard on the 3rd pairing...

Also why is TMac determined to re-invent the wheel, aka the PP?

Seriously you have enough players to ice all lefty and all righty PP units, but refuses to mix the two?!?!?!?!?!

Lucic-Draisaitl-McDavid
Rattie-Bear

Yamamoto-Strome-RNH
Puljujarvi-Klefbom

Rotate Rattie, Strome, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto to see who works best there.

On the top unit you have a ton of one timer options regardless who has the puck. On the second into Nuge as the QB doesn't have a one timer at the top of the PP, but he would still have 3 RH shots to set up.

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
I was at the practice today. Hardly anyone scored. Goalies looked sharp. Well, except Starrett. Sievish. I met a couple from Edmonton that were on the trip today. Good people. We’ll head down to O’Learys at 4pm.

Reactions: PulYou

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
I was in stockholm a couples weeks ago and that city was absolutely beautiful but expensive.

Excited to see gothenburg, my friend from school who is from gothenburg says stockholm is like the NYC and gothenburg is like the san diego its more chill.

I met a guy on the train just now from edmonton, says there should be lots of parties around the arena tomorrow, looking forward to it

Missoil

Nov 20, 2016
The game is better be good we are driving 1500 kilometers and after 800 km the car tire broke out. We don't know where we sleep yet, because our airbnb guy might not be able to lock us in after 11pm.
At least there will be good stories about this trip, and after all It's gonna be worth it, first ever oilers game. Let's go oilers!

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
The game is better be good we are driving 1500 kilometers and after 800 km the car tire broke out. We don't know where we sleep yet, because our airbnb guy might not be able to lock us in after 11pm. At least there will be good stories about this trip, and after all It's gonna be worth it, first ever oilers game. Let's go oilers!
Big respect.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I'm kind of missing the significance of the Fried Chicken meme going on. But I don't get Fried Chicken appeal period so that could be part of it.

It's funny how different places biggy back on successful franchises. In Lebanon, I found this Teaktacky Fried Chicken, which is you say it fast, sounds like Kentucky Fried Chicken. Not sure if the NFC pic posted was making the same point or not though.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's funny how different places biggy back on successful franchises. In Lebanon, I found this Teaktacky Fried Chicken, which is you say it fast, sounds like Kentucky Fried Chicken. Not sure if the NFC pic posted was making the same point or not though.

In some places KFC even means Korean Fried Chicken or even Korean fried Cauliflower. I'm not keen on either though tbh.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The game is better be good we are driving 1500 kilometers and after 800 km the car tire broke out. We don't know where we sleep yet, because our airbnb guy might not be able to lock us in after 11pm.
At least there will be good stories about this trip, and after all It's gonna be worth it, first ever oilers game. Let's go oilers!

Where from if you don't mind? Why not take a train/ferry? I thought there was a ferry from Denmark to Gothenburg?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
In some places KFC even means Korean Fried Chicken or even Korean fried Cauliflower. I'm not keen on either though tbh.
Korean Fried Cauliflower is God's gift to mankind.
DEEEEEEEELICCCCCCCCCCCIIOUSSSS

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Korean Fried Cauliflower is God's gift to mankind.
DEEEEEEEELICCCCCCCCCCCIIOUSSSS

I was forced to eat Cauliflower as a kid.

heh, mom, bless her, didn't have a clue how to do Cauliflower. It was always in some putrid white sauce that made it worse than just boiling the shit up. I've had KFC, perhaps because of learned experience with cauliflower I don't like it. But I don't like the taste of Korean fried. just wierd to me. They take something that is healthy and double deep fry the shit out of it with flour and spices and its dripping in grease, YUCK!

I don't like over processed foods. Less ingredients is more. I'd rather have Cauliflower just steamed with pepper. Works for me. I like eating healthy. Plus I'm celiac.

I love all vegetables (except Brussel sprouts)

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
2778806C-22E5-4E49-90B5-CE2D2D4D637E.jpeg

Missoil

Nov 20, 2016
Where from if you don't mind? Why not take a train/ferry? I thought there was a ferry from Denmark to Gothenburg?
I'm from northern Finland. Plane was too expensive and train/bus would've been 2 days traveling so driving was the best option.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I was forced to eat Cauliflower as a kid.

heh, mom, bless her, didn't have a clue how to do Cauliflower. It was always in some putrid white sauce that made it worse than just boiling the **** up. I've had KFC, perhaps because of learned experience with cauliflower I don't like it. But I don't like the taste of Korean fried. just wierd to me. They take something that is healthy and double deep fry the **** out of it with flour and spices and its dripping in grease, YUCK!

I don't like over processed foods. Less ingredients is more. I'd rather have Cauliflower just steamed with pepper. Works for me. I like eating healthy. Plus I'm celiac.

I love all vegetables (except Brussel sprouts)
Brussel sprouts are also
DELLLLICCCIOUSSSS

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
My thoughts as well
It's not really a paper transaction at that point. If Russel gets activated someone needs to go down. Bear doesn't need waivers so it would probably be him.

Maybe it would be a paper transaction in the sense that he'd still be with the team tomorrow. But once we got back to NA he'd need to report to the AHL. We've got one too many players right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad