Pre-Game Talk: Gothenburg open practice 11am

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Fair comments, I would want someone to look back in 10 years at where German hockey might be to see if this was one of the sparks that allowed the program go to the next level.
I think Germany already is on it's way into Switzerland territory, the problem is that it takes such a long time to establish a team that can consistently compete. Just look at Switzerland, who still can be a hit and miss sometimes. They need long term consistency in terms of youth development to create that necessary depth.

The problem, which Switzerland is closer to having solved than Germany, is that what happens if you suddenly find yourself in a 3-4 years draught of good talents. Teams like Sweden and Finland can go through times like this (and I know both nations have) ,but the depth already available is enough to cover for it (even though it is never easy) and stay competitive which is crucial imo to keep interest high and support for the youth programs. Switzerland in my opinion have just about reached that critical point, or at least they are very close to it. Germany still has ways to go but they are closing the gap and they need to keep on take these small steps one at a time. I don't think there are any short-cuts.

I hope you guys have a great time in Gothenburg! Unfortunately the best place to go, Pauls Biljard is closed these days, so you'll just have to make do with the leftover bars and pubs. I do agree with @RuneMcEres though, O'Learys and Rockbaren are good places to be.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If they had of held on and beat the Russians in the Gold medal game would have been a big boost . Or should I say OAR. Olympics Athletes from Russia
I mean, winning an Olympic silver should be a great boost to the Hockey world in Germany, but you're quite right.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'll be going. I finally get to see the Oilers in person after all these years of being a fan (although I'm probably a low(e)ly tier 9 fan these days). Looking forward to seeing Draisaitl for the first time and McDavid for the 2nd or 3rd time I believe, last I saw him he was a double underager at the WJC here in Sweden, so I imagine it will be quite different this time. Hoping for a good game :)

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
53FA140B-ED64-4C6F-A2D3-36D9D9E0E90E.jpeg

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
@Changeiscoming
f*** that, shouldn't be checks at that border... You're flying right?

Edit: sorry, mixed things up, you don't have EU passport I guess. Still, if you drive across no one would check.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Y0u still need ID. On the German Denmark border two guys were taken off a bus for no id
You need id yes, but they shouldn't check it more often at the border than they would anywhere else (in town etc).

Swe is about to leave Schengen I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->