TV: Gotham - FOX II

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I enjoyed the finale, the last 2-3 minutes where amazing.

The episode had a few cheesy moments but it was still good. I like the dark side of Jim, he knew he had to kill Galavant, the umbrella was a nice touch by Penguin. We're seeing a darker Penguin form over this season and its great.

Bruce also showing some batman-esk moments while being held prisoner. I loved the line "Thank you for your help, but I had a perfectly feasible escape plan" Batman never says thank you for anything :laugh:

Looked like Fish Moonie in one of the tanks at Indian Hill, they also said Professor Strange instead of Dr. obviously a younger Hugo before med school :sarcasm:

Mr.Freeze looked badass, leaves me to wonder why he's already freezing people his wife or girlfriend shouldn't be frozen yet right? maybe starting to show signs of her illness which leads him to his research. I didn't think Freeze become well Freeze till Batman was around or at least closer to Bruce becoming Batman.

I have to keep telling myself its a different Batman story and that not every villain will be made after he dawns the cape, some will and others won't.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It could also be a red herring, like Jerome. Maybe he's a villain that uses cold weaponry, but he's not THE Freeze.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Have to wonder how Gordon isn't in major trouble for killing Galavan when the Captain knows he killed him while he was in custody/handcuffed.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Gordon is basically a crooked cop/ villain now.which I don't have a problem with, but it already seems like he is too far gone. I imagine by the end of this season the captain will be gone and Gordon will be running the department.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, it doesn't seem like the captain can be involved for much longer, unless Gordon has to become a kind of fugitive or something, which doesn't make sense. Maybe Penguin/Riddler will kill the captain and help propel Jim into either that role, or the commissioner's role, in the second half of the season?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Gordon is basically a crooked cop/ villain now.which I don't have a problem with, but it already seems like he is too far gone. I imagine by the end of this season the captain will be gone and Gordon will be running the department.

I think the purpose pf Batman in this show will be to take that burden (the choice of having to kill or not) off Gordon's shoulders

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I like what they do with Gordon and Alfred in this show. I was always under the impression from the movies that these 2 were weak and dependant on Batman for everything. Turns out they've seen and done some ****.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The problem i have with "freeze" is that
A) It's really freeze and the logical thought is he's involved way too early.
B) It's another fake out like with Joker/Jerome and well, con us once shame on us...try to con us twice, shame on you.

The only thing i can think of is that he's introduced somehow as real freeze and flies off the radar by the end of the season vowing to find a cure or some **** after trying to assassinate the people who iced his wife.
(I had to go for the awful pun, sorry :laugh: )

I like what they do with Gordon and Alfred in this show. I was always under the impression from the movies that these 2 were weak and dependant on Batman for everything. Turns out they've seen and done some ****.

To be fair most adaptations for them use the older versions like from Batman TAS. Kind of hard for either of them to be badasses when they look like they're both over 50.

Agreed with alfred. Fully expected with gordon being the future commish and all. You don't get there out of dumb luck.

Captain Mittens*

This x 1000

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

I like what they have done with Gordon, but it's still possible to write a strong Gordon without him being forced to kill someone

But yeah, **** Gallavan :laugh:
I'm going to miss his arrogant mug tbh

Captain Mittens*

Not gonna miss him galavanting around town, though. :D

y7Z0L.jpg

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, it doesn't seem like the captain can be involved for much longer, unless Gordon has to become a kind of fugitive or something, which doesn't make sense. Maybe Penguin/Riddler will kill the captain and help propel Jim into either that role, or the commissioner's role, in the second half of the season?

He might become captain, but its still way too early for him to become commissioner

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
He might become captain, but its still way too early for him to become commissioner

Yeah, I guess if he was captain, he would still have enough power to remain shielded from being in trouble for collaborating with Penguin. I guess they could just have the current captain be in some kind of coma, but that wouldn't be too believable.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, I guess if he was captain, he would still have enough power to remain shielded from being in trouble for collaborating with Penguin. I guess they could just have the current captain be in some kind of coma, but that wouldn't be too believable.

Yeah last we saw of him was when Penguin bashed his head in with a lamp.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I only say "Ugh" because it means a return of people *****ing about everything she does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad