TV: Gotham - FOX II

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Thought it was a great episode! Can't wait for it to start back up. Now we wait about 3 months... :( :laugh:

Captain Mittens*

So now that this is on break, whats better to binge watch in the meantime, The Flash or Arrow?

If you never saw Prison Break, Season 1 is insanely good. Each Season gets progressively worse after Season 1 though

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Pretty cruel ending for the first half's main villain as Gordon stood by and watched Penguin do his thing.

I don't know how Gordon is ever going to be on the same side as his captain.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Excellent episode last night.

Love the darker, yet humane, Bruce.

I think it's over between Gordon and the doc. I think she realized she'll always come second. So I think it's going to be a 'no'.

I was surprised at how Galavan went out. I didn't see that coming from the person that eventually put him out of his misery.

On the other hand, what did the nurse mean by "high hopes for this one"? And were they at Arkham?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
On the other hand, what did the nurse mean by "high hopes for this one"? And were they at Arkham?

From Superherohype :

A body is brought into the secret Indian Hills facility. Dr. Peabody takes possession, and says professor Strange has “high hopes for this one.†Inside the body bag is Theo Galavan’s corpse, with an umbrella shoved down his throat.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Assuming Agents of Shield is worse than both?

If you don't like Agents, you won't like either one.

Both Flash and the Arrow require you to shut off your brain while watching, because if you don't, you'll be too busy laughing at the ridiculous situation/general stupidty shown to enjoy the shows.

But if freezing a laser grid to shut it off (literally, freezing the beams) or attempting to sucker punch a psychic gorilla is your cup of tea, I'd recommend the Flash.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
If you don't like Agents, you won't like either one.

Both Flash and the Arrow require you to shut off your brain while watching, because if you don't, you'll be too busy laughing at the ridiculous situation/general stupidty shown to enjoy the shows.

But if freezing a laser grid to shut it off (literally, freezing the beams) or attempting to sucker punch a psychic gorilla is your cup of tea, I'd recommend the Flash.

I think I'll pass on the Flash then

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So now that this is on break, whats better to binge watch in the meantime, The Flash or Arrow?

I think Arrow is better. But if you do choose to binge watch Arrow, just skip season 3 all-together. It was just horrible.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
From Superherohype :

Indian Hills? Wasn't that the place the Penguin acquired for Falcone?

And Dr. Peabody's the guy from the island that Fish was on, right?

Going to turn Galavan into some known 'baddie'?

Strange, as in Dr. Strange?

Sorry for all the questions. ;)

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
For my minor complaints with the last few, I thought the mid-season finale was really good. So far a pretty strong showing in season 2 - they are embracing the comic-y elements in a way that gives the show a more distinct character and covers over some of the writing/pacing problems from the first season. Developing a relatively stable arsenal of baddies helps everything, too.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Arrow is better. But if you do choose to binge watch Arrow, just skip season 3 all-together. It was just horrible.

This.

And don't try to go directly from watching Flash to watching anything else. To me, Flash is a totally different tone and environment than anything else. The cast is so damned lovable. Cisco is GOAT.

I tried to go directly from a Flash binge to Jessica Jones, and I couldn't make it through the first episode of JJ. I had to watch something else in between to re-set my brain.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Indian Hills? Wasn't that the place the Penguin acquired for Falcone?

And Dr. Peabody's the guy from the island that Fish was on, right?

Going to turn Galavan into some known 'baddie'?

Strange, as in Dr. Strange?

Sorry for all the questions. ;)

Yup

Strange is for Professor Hugo Strange (not Dr Strange lol)

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I gotta ask...how far in to Season 4 did you make it?

All the way through the first time (although not nearly as quickly as the first 3). Didn't finish it the last two times.

To be honest, same thing happened to me with Lost and HIMYM, I've watched both 2-3 times and never have watched the full final seasons

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Gordon waking up and seeing them singing together was a good scene

hahaha yeah it was awesome!

Loved the mid season finale, 2nd season is really miles ahead of the first one in term of quality. The only thing I found weird was Tabitah going against Theo for Silver.

As for Gordon, I agree I think Lee is going to decline his invitation. And the dream he had before waking up at Nygma's place really meant a lot about his feelings toward Barbara. He'll be back with her, somehow.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Loved the mid season finale, 2nd season is really miles ahead of the first one in term of quality. The only thing I found weird was Tabitah going against Theo for Silver.

A little weird but not that different when you think about it. If you think that Tabitha and Theo are brother/sister while Silver is the niece then I understand the weirdness. However I think that the Dumont family is large enough that everyone is a sibling and there's a hierarchy within the family with Theo at the top. He promised the family a resurgence and when he failed Tabitha had enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad