Speculation: Gostisbehere - Too early to freak out?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
1. It’s an inaccurate & poorly kept stat. Many times I notice players, including Ghost, with clear turnovers that don’t show up on the scoresheet. It’s a joke. It’s why Dave Tippett scoffs at official NHL stats & keeps his own.

2. I said “bad turnover machine.” Meaning many of Ghost’s turnovers are egregiously bad & put the team in extra tough spots, particularly odd man rushes the other way. Not all turnovers are created equal.
Sanheim,ghost,Provy turnovers are the costly ones and every dman does it but not like that as often as these guys.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Sanheim,ghost,Provy turnovers are the costly ones and every dman does it but not like that as often as these guys.
Provorov is certainly a bad turnover machine, also. Though he doesn’t try to rush the puck through the entire D as much as Ghost.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Stop with the excuses. Ghost’s problems are almost always self-inflicted. Like trying to skate through the defense in the neutral zone & turning it over, which he did on the PP last night (no Hagg) & then took a penalty. His other turnovers had nothing to do with Hagg.

He did this all last season no matter the D partner, fans just filtered it out. Now more are finally noticing but still trying to make excuses. Enough. He gets tunnel vision & forces stupid plays & turns it over, & that’s all on him.

I wonder how long it will take before you start slamming a player you don't despise (Hayes) for doing literally the same thing. Trying and failing to skate through a whole team is a thing he loves. He actually did it more than Ghost last night, who did it once. Yet you're only shrieking about one.

Interesting double standard.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Jeff Carter all over again.
It's poetic that Carter was traded for Voracek and he's getting the exact same treatment too.

Hyper-focus on any small mistakes, ignore all the positives which outweigh the mistakes, and complain constantly.

I mean, I complain about players constantly but I complain about Hagg or Stewart or Lehtera or other trash... not our star players who have carried this team.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I wonder how long it will take before you start slamming a player you don't despise (Hayes) for doing literally the same thing. Trying and failing to skate through a whole team is a thing he loves. He actually did it more than Ghost last night, who did it once. Yet you're only shrieking about one.

Interesting double standard.

Hayes did it in the offensive zone trying to get to the net. Huge difference. Apples & oranges.

Reactions: phillydownsouth

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
We are 2 w-0 losses bring on the cup , we are great everybody is great . We are 2 - 2 the sky if following we suck everybody sucks . Lol , relax guys we are four games in. If after 20 games we are 8-12 then we can start to talk but it's way to early for this .

Poor Striker is going to have a heart attack at age 12 if this keeps up and we don't need that on our hands .

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hayes did it in the offensive zone trying to get to the net. Huge difference. Apples & oranges.

No, he did it in the neutral zone and at the blue line as well. Three separate times last night. Weird how you didn't even notice. Each time failed. it was noticed and commented on

He does it every game and it works less often than it fails.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I don’t comment on every mistake every player makes in a game. No one does. It’s ridiculous to act like you expect it. I comment on the egregious ones. Hayes made mistakes; the whole team was making mistakes. But he did nothing close to as egregious as Ghost’s God awful PP sequence or have anywhere near as bad of a game as Ghost did.

I eventually started pointing out Ghost’s bad mistakes last year because I noticed that game after game literally no one would ever mention them. If Hayes (only 4 games a Flyer) starts consistently making mistakes as bad as Ghost regularly does, I’ll absolutely acknowledge it.

But I’ve never, ever seen a player have more excuses made for him than Ghost.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t comment on every mistake every player makes in a game. No one does. It’s ridiculous to act like you expect it. I comment on the egregious ones. Hayes made mistakes; the whole team was making mistakes. But he did nothing close to as egregious as Ghost’s God awful PP sequence or have anywhere near as bad of a game as Ghost did.

I eventually started pointing out Ghost’s bad mistakes last year because I noticed that game after game literally no one would ever mention them. If Hayes (only 4 games a Flyer) starts consistently making mistakes as bad as Ghost regularly does, I’ll absolutely acknowledge it.

But I’ve never, ever seen a player have more excuses made for him than Ghost.

Nobody makes excuses for him. He gets bashed for his mistakes when they occcur, it's not our fault you choose to ignore those posts. Pointing out that his good plays almost always far outnumber his bad plays and that he is a net positive is not "making excuses," that's called "stating facts." And it's starkly different from the picture you portray where he's some universal negative. You've even argued in the past that he isn't worth his contract.

Hell, the worst play by a dman last night was still Braun, and unlike Ghost he wasn't doing anything in transition or on offense to counter for it, and it's difficult to make up for such a huge series of errors when your skillset is limited to defense.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Nobody makes excuses for him. He gets bashed for his mistakes when they occcur, it's not our fault you choose to ignore those posts. Pointing out that his good plays almost always far outnumber his bad plays and that he is a net positive is not "making excuses," that's called "stating facts." And it's starkly different from the picture you portray where he's some universal negative. You've even argued in the past that he isn't worth his contract.

Hell, the worst play by a dman last night was still Braun, and unlike Ghost he wasn't doing anything in transition or on offense to counter for it, and it's difficult to make up for such a huge series of errors when your skillset is limited to defense.
You don’t consider blaming his individual mistakes last night, including on the PP, on Hagg an excuse?

Now I will say that a lot of posters *did* acknowledge his mistakes last night & how bad he’s been so far. More people are taking notice. But there are also still a ton of posters making excuses for him, & how anyone could think he was “good” last night as some have said is beyond me.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Being on the 3rd pair may have tweeked his ego. He needs to get used to that. With Niskanen, Braun, Sanheim, and Provorov on this roster as well as others, he’s going to be on the 3rd pair. If he doesn’t like that, he needs to ask for a trade.
He may have lost some quickness and agility due to the hip problem but it’s not that much. He needs to learn to make better use of his teammates. He’s trying to do it all by himself which rarely works out well. On many other clubs he’d have a bigger role. A trade might be the best for both him and the Flyers. There’s no reason to sell him off cheaply. He has skills and his contract is not an onerous one.

But how does he make use of Bob Hogg? As a mannequin, sure, or a lifeguard when he goes swimming with the teacup bulldogs. But on the ice? Can he use a pylon during games?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Let's not forget mike yeo is in charge of our defense and playet laughed in his face when he was leaving st.louis.

Who, Yeoobastank? He's a ****ing idiot.

J5wIX9V.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Certain group after we record 5 out of 6 points despite weirdass lineup choices: "Calm down, stop the hysteria, we've got 5 out of 6 points and none of you are NHL experienced coaches"

Same group after 1 loss: "Dat Ghost is so questionable, I've been telling you in the hive for so long!! Pat on my back"

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We are 2 w-0 losses bring on the cup , we are great everybody is great . We are 2 - 2 the sky if following we suck everybody sucks . Lol , relax guys we are four games in. If after 20 games we are 8-12 then we can start to talk but it's way to early for this .

Poor Striker is going to have a heart attack at age 12 if this keeps up and we don't need that on our hands .

Only casuals relax.

Reactions: Striiker and wasup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad