Speculation: Gostisbehere - Too early to freak out?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This was based off of Clarke:

E3kQ9fP.jpg

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Well if the anti-Ghost group wants to bump this thread, I guess I'll copy/paste this here as yet another example of the sabotage:

Just for sh*ts and giggles, lets look at the some stats IN A GAME WHERE WE NEVER HAD THE LEAD

Defensemens 5v5 icetime

Sanheim - 17:34
Provorov - 16:52
Niskanen - 14:24
Braun - 14:18
Myers - 13:07
Ghost - 11:00
Hagg - 7:43

Ridiculous. Now you may be thinking "But Striiker, you idiot, maybe Ghost had a bad game?!".
Eye test? Absolutely not, he looked great again in all 3 zones. What do the stats say? Well let's take a looksee...

AVs bottom pair rotation...

5v5 CF%
Ghost: 63.64
Myers: 42.86
Hagg: 20.00

5v5 CF%rel
Ghost: 3.07
Myers: -21.85
Hagg: -46.67

5v5 xGF%
Ghost: 66.01
Myers: 29.02
Hagg: 19.09

5v5 xGF%rel
Ghost: 8.51
Myers: -32.24
Hagg: -41.97

Which forwards did Ghost play the most with? The Hayes line, of course!

Laughton-Hayes-Farabee, as a line:
CF%: 37.50
CF%rel: -29.17
xGF%: 29.15
xGF%rel: -34.10

I wonder why he's not producing?!?! Here ya go :lol:

This is a defensemen who just last game had one of the best games we've seen this year, from any of our D, and then the coaches randomly decide to dress 7 D, bury him, use him with a crap line the most, and not even throw him out at the end of the game when they pulled the goalie. What a joke.
Coach doghouse is what I’m reading. Personality clash?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Coach doghouse is what I’m reading. Personality clash?
I don’t think so. AV has repeatedly praised Ghost for being a good young man, working really hard, and all kinds of stuff like that. It didnt sound like the type of stuff you say about someone you’re having personality issues with.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Update: has not been on the ice for a goal against in 9 games....and only 1 in 11.

Hagg's last 11 games, has a 50% CF or more 1 time.,,,and 2 times have been in the 20's. Yes, 20's. He was at 20% yesterday and has a 25% game as well.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Update: has not been on the ice for a goal against in 9 games....and only 1 in 11.

Hagg's last 11 games, has a 50% CF or more 1 time.,,,and 2 times have been in the 20's. Yes, 20's. He was at 20% yesterday and has a 25% game as well.
As I’ve long said, Hagg stinks, but that comparison would actually mean something if they had remotely similar deployment.

It’s like comparing a pilot in a war to a pilot of a commercial airliner & criticizing the fighter pilot for getting shot down in enemy skies & lavishing praise on the commercial domestic pilot for not.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I don’t think so. AV has repeatedly praised Ghost for being a good young man, working really hard, and all kinds of stuff like that. It didnt sound like the type of stuff you say about someone you’re having personality issues with.
How can you praise him and not give him ice time?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hagg played the most time with Giroux and TK last game. You know.. the most dangerous forward line... and he still got absolutely dominated.

Usage isn't the excuse for his horrific performance. He was the one dragging them down because he's an awful awful awful defensemen.

Giroux with Hagg - CF% 25.00
Giroux without Hagg - CF% 83.33

Giroux with Hagg - xGF% 0.00
Giroux without Hagg - xGF% - 88.01

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Fletcher should trade Ghost AND Hagg, it would make these threads more readable, for one thing.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

He has a GA/60 rel of -1.38 which is 6th best in the league for defensemen with 350+ 5v5 minutes. I don't believe in individuals controlling on ice shooting percentages to any significant degree, but if you are going to blame him for a lack of offense, have to credit him for his defense. Only fair.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He has a GA/60 rel of -1.38 which is 6th best in the league for defensemen with 350+ 5v5 minutes. I don't believe in individuals controlling on ice shooting percentages to any significant degree, but if you are going to blame him for a lack of offense, have to credit him for his defense. Only fair.

Not if I'm pushing an agenda.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

You realize that's just fancy +/- stats.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Haha, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I remember reading a few really detailed accounts on trades that never happened and it was fascinating.

Maybe the next tell-all book will be by Commodore. He's just a little bitter.
I forgot one more thing that Burke mentioned today.

He said that teams DO have "don't draft" lists and he was one who had them. "If a guy is going to be a problem as a 1st rounder, he is still going to be a problem as a 2nd rounder"

He then said he had Yakupov on that list his draft year and said after the interview with Yak, he almost had to restrain his assistant from punching Yak due to how he acted in the interview.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I forgot one more thing that Burke mentioned today.

He said that teams DO have "don't draft" lists and he was one who had them. "If a guy is going to be a problem as a 1st rounder, he is still going to be a problem as a 2nd rounder"

He then said he had Yakupov on that list his draft year and said after the interview with Yak, he almost had to restrain his assistant from punching Yak due to how he acted in the interview.

That’s both unsurprising and reassuring. It really seems like the guys drafted under Hextall are pretty solid character guys so far. Hope the same holds true for Fletch.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Burke had some #nhlwoke moments in his past. All those old school guys probably do.

Wonder what people would say about Keenan.

Edit - I see you’re in NS. I’m in NB. Likely going to Halifax soon for a few days.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That’s both unsurprising and reassuring. It really seems like the guys drafted under Hextall are pretty solid character guys so far. Hope the same holds true for Fletch.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Burke had some #nhlwoke moments in his past. All those old school guys probably do.

Wonder what people would say about Keenan.

Edit - I see you’re in NS. I’m in NB. Likely going to Halifax soon for a few days.
You are in Couts country!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad