Roster Moves: Gostisbehere suspended for two games for hit on Friedman

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Same suspension as this landmark moment.

95AC7331-785B-4071-9ADE-58581523C026.jpeg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
If the Flyers wanted to regain a touch of respect they would make a public statement calling out the hypocrisy.

Warranted or not, the optics make no sense after what we saw with Wilson.

I believe it was a few seasons ago where this team lead the league with back to backs as well.

Defend your club.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I think that was "technically" long enough ago to be expunged from his record, making him a non-repeat offender. I believe they only look back X amount of years in order to apply the repeat tag.

Or I'm talking out of my ass.

18 months without a suspension and you are no longer a "repeat offender."

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Jordan Hall mentions a few of the recent questionable rulings:

Gostisbehere receives suspension for crosscheck on ex-teammate

It's not overly surprising Gostisbehere's play reached punitive action from the league. The crosscheck was late, avoidable and it sent Friedman into the boards. But the suspension does come in the wake of the highly publicized and scrutinized Tom Wilson drama. On Tuesday, the Capitals forward was fined but not suspended for his actions in a scrum against the Rangers, leaving New York winger Artemi Panarin injured.

Stemming from 2018-19, it's understandable if the Flyers have been left frustrated or perplexed by the NHL Department of Player Safety. Last season, head coach Alain Vigneault was mystified by a three-game suspension given to Farabee for interference. Two seasons ago, before Vigneault's arrival, Jakub Voracek received a two-game suspension for interference as Johnny Boychuk pursued the Flyers' forward who had the puck.

That same season, the Flyers weren't thrilled when Evgeni Malkin was given only one game for swinging his stick near Raffl's head or when Kurtis Gabriel was banned one game for boarding Patrick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad