Roster Moves: Gostisbehere suspended for two games for hit on Friedman

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
think you can only appeal on 5 plus games

IIRC they can't appeal at all if it's five or fewer? I might be wrong here.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Striiker

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
this makes perfect sense. logic checks out in the context of other current events.

was a stupid play by a frustrated player for sure. no previous rap sheet and he still deserved to be sat.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I particularly like Parros getting down from his hobby horse of suspension as a reflection of injury. Friedman stayed down longer and made considerable more noise after being hit by a slapshot in the knee. Yet Panarin is ostensibly out for the season; but of course that's just rasslin' stuff that is a part of the Parros/Wilson "every game" world.

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
In a vacuum, I'm fine with this.

I think it's appropriate. That was a really dangerous play. I broke the styloid process of my ulna in a similar situation 30 years ago and consider myself lucky. I was able to extend an arm before crashing head first into the boards. I still have issues with that injury. Didn't score either.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Where is the suspension/fine on Crosby for slamming TK’s face repeatedly into the ice out of frustration? Dangerous play by Ghost, but what a joke the DOPs has become! Seems certain teams get privileges to do what they want on the ice with little to no recourse. I’m still pissed that Voracek got 2 games for reverse hitting Boychuck and Malkin only gets 1 for using his stick as a weapon a couple seasons back. I guess the guys in Orange and Black are just such dirty players the league has no choice but to come down harder on them.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
And a long history too.

Wilson’s been slapped on the wrist many times. Ghosts never been suspended/fined before.
Yeah there is no way to even begin trying to defend this from the leagues perspective. Ghost deserves the 2 games no doubt but then taking Wilson in consideration .... sporadic doesn’t even begin to explain it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad