LeBrun: Gostisbehere available for trade

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We just don't need Hanafin since we have Provy, Sanheim, signed Hagg(uggh), then Zamula and York coming. Plus with Provy, Sanheim and Myers, we would have to expose Hanifin.

Ideally the Flyers would get a RHD who is expansion exempt. We need a young righty.

Patrick and his health....who knows. It's migraines so not even a concussion issue. He said he had them as a kid and they went away until last year. So 10+ years without them. It has to be frustrating for him.

Thanks guys! I suffered from terrible migraines myself for years as well. For me, I left my ex-wife and did acupuncture, I’m cured and I tried everything prior.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We just don't need Hanafin since we have Provy, Sanheim, signed Hagg(uggh), then Zamula and York coming. Plus with Provy, Sanheim and Myers, we would have to expose Hanifin.

Ideally the Flyers would get a RHD who is expansion exempt. We need a young righty.

Patrick and his health....who knows. It's migraines so not even a concussion issue. He said he had them as a kid and they went away until last year. So 10+ years without them. It has to be frustrating for him.

I dont disagree with this, but the flip side is we can then trade the more valuable of Ghost/Hani to tey and get a RD, and work a deal with Seattle to take the other, perhaps.

It's not my preferred method, bur I'd be less mad about that deal then the Hagg deal, to be honest.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks guys! I suffered from terrible migraines myself for years as well. For me, I left my ex-wife and did acupuncture, I’m cured and I tried everything prior.

I had to stop playing hockey for a similar diagnosis as Patrick. I've learned to manage them better over time, but I didn't get out of regular hemipilegics until about 10 years ago - 10 years removed from competitive hockey.

That's the shitty part about migraines... we still don't know everything about them and everyone handles them differently.

Last edited:

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
What happened to him? Legit question. Remember couple years ago he was a future 1D?
No, he was NEVER a future #1 dman. He had the potential to become a top pairing dman but he never possessed the physical presence to become a #1 dman.

Flat out, accounting for all he does well vs what he's deficient at, he's too soft to play top pairing. If you look at his numbers, he's actual pretty good at shutting down plays before they begin. However, once the other team establishes possession in the zone, he's a disaster. He can't take the luck away, he can't win physical battles, and he'll always be chasing the puck. Put him with a monster like Weber and he'd be fine. Weber takes care of the physical work and Ghost takes care of the speed and getting the puck out of the zone.

Honestly, he's a lot like Matt Carle. Pronged made Matt freaking Carle a top pairing dman but it worked. Put Ghost with someone like Weber and you'd be very happy with him. The problem is that there aren't many Webers around the league

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Defensive liability, and after a string of leg injuries, his offense isn’t good enough to make up for it.
So not true, way to actually show that you don't watch him.

Ues he had a string of injuries that hurt his play but if you actually watched him play the last 3 seasons you'd know he's beyond those injuries. The last 2 seasons he played very upright on the ice. He just couldn't sit down and drive into the puck. From watching him early on and seeing how low he kept his body so he could use his legs to seeimg him llay so upright ypu know something was wrong.

When he came back this year it was the first time since his string of injuries that I saw him be able to stay low in his stance. It's no coincidence that he played his best hockey in the last 3 years too. He was looking like the old Ghost before the covid break.

All these people commenting on him being 'terrible" in his own zone flat out don't know what they are talking about and don't watch him. Does he have his warts, yes. Is he a top pairing dman, no. Would I like to keep him and after next year have him on the 2nd pairing with Sanheim, YES.

Right now he's far better than what we'd get in return for him. He's far better than the perceived value that Pejorative Slurs on this board make him out to be. If the Flyers trade him, they will be trading low and whatever team lands him in such a trade, though they may not say he was the savior of their defense, they will definitely say it was well worth the price they paid.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Whatever the deal is, they’ll look back on it in a year as a steal. He just needs to play and not be the only player on the team who is held accountable for every mistake.

There will be mistakes of course, as with any defence man. He just makes fewer but more visible mistakes than your average Swedish #7 plug.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Despite what a few very loud Flyers fans on this board say, Ghost has been average to horrible over the last two seasons and three out of the last four. Robert Hagg had almost double the amount of ES points as him this season and played much better defense. He has done this under two different coaches, in two different systems, and hasn't been some victim of a conspiracy to hold him down.

He is still relatively young and a puck mover with two highly productive seasons under his belt. Someone will take a shot on him and perhaps with a change of scenery he will return to form. I wouldn't count on it, but it's possible. Either way, don't expect him to play good defense even if he is producing on offense.

It's difficult to speculate what the Flyers will get for him. Maybe another player who has had some success in the league who also has had recent struggles and needs a change of scenery. That or a 2nd round pick and an average prospect or late round pick.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Whatever the deal is, they’ll look back on it in a year as a steal. He just needs to play and not be the only player on the team who is held accountable for every mistake.

There will be mistakes of course, as with any defence man. He just makes fewer but more visible mistakes than your average Swedish #7 plug.
Poor Ghost, he is such a victim.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Flyers fans don't want to get rid of Ghost. We just know management won't play him, so we've come to terms with it.

He'll help someone elsewhere.
Factually incorrect. The majority of Flyers fans here don't want to trade him because they've subscribed themselves to the narrative that he's been some victim getting held back by two coaching staffs over a multiple year period. Step outside of your own little bubble and I assure you there are a lot of Flyers fans who want him gone.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Factually incorrect. The majority of Flyers fans here don't want to trade him because they've subscribed themselves to the narrative that he's been some victim getting held back by two coaching staffs over a multiple year period. Step outside of your own little bubble and I assure you there are a lot of Flyers fans who want him gone.

I'm aware there are a lot of Flyers fans who are wrong. That part doesn't surprise me.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm aware there are a lot of Flyers fans who are wrong. That part doesn't surprise me.
It's an opinion. There is no such thing as right and wrong in this case. That attitude right there is the problem. When people say Ghost hasn't played well in two years they get the typical self righteous ''you are wrong blah blah blah'' crap. My favorite is when it's pointed out that Hagg had almost double the ES points Ghost had this year and the response is how Hagg got lucky and Ghost is being held back.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
This is a valid concern. Though I will say, in the short leash that AV gave him in the playoffs, he was the best D on the ice.

Its gonna suck when he goes somewhere and goes back to a great 40+point D. Its gonna suck even more as we continue to watch the inept Provorov attempt to QB a PP, something Ghost does exceptionally well.
Have no fear if he did come to L.A. he's not putting up 40 points.

Reactions: Starat327

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Despite what a few very loud Flyers fans on this board say, Ghost has been average to horrible over the last two seasons and three out of the last four. Robert Hagg had almost double the amount of ES points as him this season and played much better defense. He has done this under two different coaches, in two different systems, and hasn't been some victim of a conspiracy to hold him down.

He is still relatively young and a puck mover with two highly productive seasons under his belt. Someone will take a shot on him and perhaps with a change of scenery he will return to form. I wouldn't count on it, but it's possible. Either way, don't expect him to play good defense even if he is producing on offense.

It's difficult to speculate what the Flyers will get for him. Maybe another player who has had some success in the league who also has had recent struggles and needs a change of scenery. That or a 2nd round pick and an average prospect or late round pick.

Ghost had one fewer point in seven fewer games. You can say Hagg plays better defence until the cows come home, but the stats disagree. However, I believe you’re the one constantly railing against Giroux, so I do understand stats mean nothing to you.

I can only surmise that Ghost isn’t as good a teammate as Hagg, and that’s a big thing. Personality is a big thing for coaches and for good reason. The inevitable change of scene will be a good thing for Ghost.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Ghost had one fewer point in seven fewer games. You can say Hagg plays better defence until the cows come home, but the stats disagree. However, I believe you’re the one constantly railing against Giroux, so I do understand stats mean nothing to you.

I can only surmise that Ghost isn’t as good a teammate as Hagg, and that’s a big thing. Personality is a big thing for coaches and for good reason. The inevitable change of scene will be a good thing for Ghost.
He's supposed to be an offensive D who had less points that Robert friggin Hagg. I don't care if it was in 7 less games, that's pathetic. Not to mention Hagg outproduced him at ES 12 points to 7. There is no amount of excuses and talking around it that doesn't make it less pathetic than it is.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He's supposed to be an offensive D who had less points that Robert friggin Hagg. I don't care if it was in 7 less games, that's pathetic. Not to mention Hagg outproduced him at ES 12 points to 7. There is no amount of excuses and talking around it that doesn't make it less pathetic than it is.

Nobody is pretending Ghost has had a good season. But even at his worst he outpaced Hagg who is considered to have had a decent year by his lofty standards.

Hagg had an incredibly high PDO backed by an unsustainable shooting percentage and on-ice save percentage. Ghost isn’t a victim as such, but he’s unlucky to be seen as expendable next to someone like Hagg.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If Dumba comes back for Ghost, we lose either Dumba or whichever of Lindblom/Konecny we don't protect in the draft (our 7/3 is Giroux/Hayes/Couturier/Lindblom/Konecny/two of Voracek/Patrick/Laughton, Farabee and Frost not eligible, and Provorov/Sanheim/Myers. If we go 4/4, to protect the 3D and Dumba, we have to protect G and Hayes, Couts is obvious, but we lose either OL or TK.)

I mean you probably expose the winger whose best season is 33pts 6 years after being drafted

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
People saying Ghost is horrible have me rolling. Hes a 2nd pair guy with PP1 QB upside and he's on a decent contract.

That's the whole story. People who DONT want to trade Ghost need to realize Ghost probably feels mistreated (rightfully so) and wont be resigning after contract and/or will be exposed to Seattle.

Might as well try and clear some cap space now and get a late 1st or 2nd imho...never know what deals might be coming which - who knows - could make us a Gaudreau or Hall player...would need to unload a winger for TH tho

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
pls let him go. He will get back to playing really good and will be a solid top 4 dman PP QB. Maybe he lost a step with all his injuries. But he will be better than a lot of other dman in this league. And better than Provorov as a PP QB for his whole career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad