LeBrun: Gostisbehere available for trade

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Shayne Gostisbehere is available for trade, multiple sources around the league told me over the weekend. Which isn’t totally shocking, but what’s funny in a way that for all the trade rumours linked to him in the past, this is really the first time the Flyers have shown a serious willingness to move him if they get the right offer.

LeBrun: New GMs fast at work in Arizona and Florida ahead of pivotal offseason

Not sure what he'll bring. When Hagg is played over you, that is not a good sign.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I legit have no clue what his value would be. If Ottawa moves Brannstrom in a package for a top player (Sergachev is my dream scenario, but would be receptive to any top 4 young D), I'd be somewhat receptive to a White for Ghost trade. Not sure if the org would, though... I think they still see White as a key secondary piece. That said, Ghost is owed just 9.75m over the next 3 seasons and I'm sure they see a lot of appeal in that.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Both coming off down years, obviously LA has time to see if Kupari bounces back but you're loaded with C prospects and verrrrrrrrrrr..........rrrrrry lean on NHL LD.
I mean is it really a down year for him. It was Kupari's 1st year in NA and he got hurt. Our c depth is loaded and it should stay that way and let the chips fall as they may. I'd probably move Dudas for him, not sure that does anything for Philly. We can always bring back Hutton for cheap and or sign any vet LD that the rest of the league casts off in free agency. We dont have to spend assets for a guy a team can't wait to get rid of.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Would a Ghost-DeAngelo swap make sense? Not implying equal value but assuming it is evened out. That would fix the L-R balance for both teams. What are the other reasons besides handedness that these players are on the outs?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I'd love to find a way to get Ghost in Minnesota. Of course, Dumba would have to be traded first. Does Philly want Dumba for Ghost+? Or do the Flyers want forwards coming back?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd love to find a way to get Ghost in Minnesota. Of course, Dumba would have to be traded first. Does Philly want Dumba for Ghost+? Or do the Flyers want forwards coming back?

I think they would rather get futures. I don't think they will get any value if they're looking for NHL talent for him.

The disconnect with Ghost goes further than 'Hagg passed him on the depth chart,' He doesn't fit what AV does because Ghost is a LHD who plays way better on the right side. If he was left-handed he would've played ahead of him, the Flyers deal they just gave Hagg does not reflect that of a defenseman who has established himself as a regular player.

Reactions: HotDish

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This guy can't be a regular with either Braun or Myers. It's not like he has lost a step like Gardiner, either.

For the cap/term, a team is better off throwing money at Barrie as a UFA.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

If Dumba comes back for Ghost, we lose either Dumba or whichever of Lindblom/Konecny we don't protect in the draft (our 7/3 is Giroux/Hayes/Couturier/Lindblom/Konecny/two of Voracek/Patrick/Laughton, Farabee and Frost not eligible, and Provorov/Sanheim/Myers. If we go 4/4, to protect the 3D and Dumba, we have to protect G and Hayes, Couts is obvious, but we lose either OL or TK.)

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad