LeBrun: Gostisbehere available for trade

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Interesting, we were hearing a lot that Holland and Wright were big fans of Bouchard during his draft year in Detroit. I think they still likely take Hughes over him if Zadina doesn't fall from what I have heard, but Bouchard was the other name there and kind of got supplanted at the World's so pretty late in the game of his draft year, so I can say somewhat confidently he did like his game at one point, maybe up close he cooled on him a little this year.

I think Ghost would help the Oilers a lot, it seems like a pretty good fit. He does have some work to do on his game though, he hasn't been good enough the last couple seasons, it is concerning. But what he does well it feels like the Oilers have a need for and he might just mesh with their stars offensively.
Holland seems to be heavily liking good skaters right now. Not a good skater, not a Holland guy. Bouchard is not one of those guys who can skate well. He wants guys who skate great or play fast. Bouchard is the completely opposite player. Imo I could see him being moved.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Ghost killed his own value. He sucks.
I think there's a combination of variables when it comes to Ghost. But I do think he's the type of kid who had success early on and never wanted to adapt his game at his coaches request. He seemed to fall out of favor with Hakstol and never earned the trust of Vigneault--so that's two coaches who had issues with his game. I do think he could regain his offensive production, but he needs more leash to thrive--like Erik Karlsson had in Ottawa. If you are a coach who is going to penalize Ghost for every mistake he makes, don't bring him in. Gostisbehere could be phenomenal one shift, then make horrible decisions the next. I still believe a change of scenery could help him.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If Boston is moving on from Krug I would be interested in them taking a chance on Ghost putting it together on the Bruins 2nd pair with Carlo, a good stay at home guy that could let him run around. What kind of package would Philly be looking for? Would something like Lauzon + pick get it done?

Reactions: Boxscore

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If Boston is moving on from Krug I would be interested in them taking a chance on Ghost putting it together on the Bruins 2nd pair with Carlo, a good stay at home guy that could let him run around. What kind of package would Philly be looking for? Would something like Lauzon + pick get it done?
I am absolutely interested in Jake DeBrusk. Can we build something around Ghost for DeBrusk as the main dishes?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If are 100% trading Ghost then you have 2 possibilities.
1) Ghost is a name in the trade but not THEE name in a trade to acquire a 25+ goal scorer and team trading 25+ goal scorer gets high upside back. A 1 or Frost or York or Brink or whomever would be included as well.

2) Trade for a pick (guessing a 2)and use the cash elsewhere. I don't want a 7d man. Friedman is waiting. I don't want a journeyman rw making 3.5m and overpaid. I can just keep Pitlick for less(and that won't be the plan).

You need a plan that goes ok Flyers have traded Ghost who is the number 5 d man? If your answer to no 5 man is Hagg then keep me away from all sharp objects.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Ghost killed his own value. He sucks.

Ghost just needs Top 4 time and PP1 time. Give him that and he'll return to 40-ish points with possibility of more depending on his knee.

Definitely worth a shot for lots of teams...huge upside.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
If are 100% trading Ghost then you have 2 possibilities.
1) Ghost is a name in the trade but not THEE name in a trade to acquire a 25+ goal scorer and team trading 25+ goal scorer gets high upside back. A 1 or Frost or York or Brink or whomever would be included as well..

All of that is fine except York. Flyers keep York.

2) Trade for a pick (guessing a 2)and use the cash elsewhere. I don't want a 7d man. Friedman is waiting. I don't want a journeyman rw making 3.5m and overpaid. I can just keep Pitlick for less(and that won't be the plan).

I think the bigger issue is the Flyers already have too many draft eligible players. They would likely just ask for a late 1st or 2nd round pick for Ghost...need something that isn't eligible to literally being taken for free by Seattle.

....Or the Flyers could use that late 1st/2nd to bribe Seattle to pick who the Flyers wanted.

Either way the Flyers don't need depth. They really only need ELITE WINGER and/or ***maybe*** 3C. That's literally it. Nothing else is needed. Nothing.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
All of that is fine except York. Flyers keep York.

I think the bigger issue is the Flyers already have too many draft eligible players. They would likely just ask for a late 1st or 2nd round pick for Ghost...need something that isn't eligible to literally being taken for free by Seattle.

....Or the Flyers could use that late 1st/2nd to bribe Seattle to pick who the Flyers wanted.

Either way the Flyers don't need depth. They really only need ELITE WINGER and/or ***maybe*** 3C. That's literally it. Nothing else is needed. Nothing.
Agree all except possibility of late 1st. Flyers have torched the bridge of that opportunity.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Or you leave Giroux unprotected as he had a down year and is on the wrong side of 30.

Or you get the NHL and NHLPA crawling up your backside for attempting to flagrantly violate the rules of the expansion draft. Giroux has an NMC, and you are required to protect players with a full NMC. Same reason we cannot expose Hayes.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Agree all except possibility of late 1st. Flyers have torched the bridge of that opportunity.

I mean...a 25-31 isn't crazy. Lots of teams (TBL, CHI, Toronto, etc.) take on "project players" that have huge upside and they usually get a good return on investment. A late 1st may be stretching it, but it's still feasible and a 2nd round can definitely be had.

Either way I'm hoping Flyguys are in on Gaudreau sweepstakes. This team is built to win now. All of Giroux, Voracek, Couts, Hayes, Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim, Meyers, JVR...they're all ready to win now. Gaudreau would obviously cost some pieces, but as long as its good value there's no reason Flyguys don't have 2 season Cup window.

Good pieces means something like: Konecny, Farabee OR Frost, Zamula

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Or you get the NHL and NHLPA crawling up your backside for attempting to flagrantly violate the rules of the expansion draft. Giroux has an NMC, and you are required to protect players with a full NMC. Same reason we cannot expose Hayes.

Why would Flyers expose Giroux? He's the culture of this team. His contract isn't even Bottom 5 on this team. I'd rather keep Giroux for his career unless HE ASKS for a trade in his next contract to chase the Cup...let's hope that never happens because he gets here in Philly

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Name a better duo: AV & pushing talented players out of the lineup for plugs just to have them traded for scraps
Have you even watched the Flyers? Ghost looks lost out there more often than not. I think he could still contribute but a change of scenery is needed, for sure.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Makes sense. I'd still be wary with those knees.

This is a valid concern. Though I will say, in the short leash that AV gave him in the playoffs, he was the best D on the ice.

Its gonna suck when he goes somewhere and goes back to a great 40+point D. Its gonna suck even more as we continue to watch the inept Provorov attempt to QB a PP, something Ghost does exceptionally well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I posted this back when the Flyers were still in the playoffs:

Just think, in Ghost's last game played....a 4-0 loss to NYI:

Ghost not on the ice for any goals against...only pairing that can say that
CF 27, CA 15....so 64.29%...Best D on the team
CF% Rel: 12.11...Best D on team
SF% Rel: 10.42...2nd best on team behind Braun his pairing Dman. Next best Dman was at 2.78. Nisky was -22.72!
High Danger...on ice for 4 chances for, 3 against....Best D on team.Sanheim outchanced 3-8!

Does that look like a performance that should get a Dman benched?

Hagg
was the replacement and the VERY NEXT game:

Hagg outchanced 7-19 Worst on team, CF% -21.31 Worst on team, HDCF rel% -30% Worst on team

Hagg continues to play....

And the update was Hagg continued to play and Ghost never played again. Even with that great last game AND a PP that could not score, AV chose Hagg. And now it looks like they are choosing Hagg again.

I am 100% confident that a team will get Ghost on the cheap and he will "rebound" if used correctly. It's a shame the Flyers helped to piss away an asset in Ghost. But for all those people who do hockey pools every year, grab him.​

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I posted this back when the Flyers were still in the playoffs:

Just think, in Ghost's last game played....a 4-0 loss to NYI:

Ghost not on the ice for any goals against...only pairing that can say that
CF 27, CA 15....so 64.29%...Best D on the team
CF% Rel: 12.11...Best D on team
SF% Rel: 10.42...2nd best on team behind Braun his pairing Dman. Next best Dman was at 2.78. Nisky was -22.72!
High Danger...on ice for 4 chances for, 3 against....Best D on team.Sanheim outchanced 3-8!

Does that look like a performance that should get a Dman benched?

Hagg
was the replacement and the VERY NEXT game:

Hagg outchanced 7-19 Worst on team, CF% -21.31 Worst on team, HDCF rel% -30% Worst on team

Hagg continues to play....

And the update was Hagg continued to play and Ghost never played again. Even with that great last game AND a PP that could not score, AV chose Hagg. And now it looks like they are choosing Hagg again.

I am 100% confident that a team will get Ghost on the cheap and he will "rebound" if used correctly. It's a shame the Flyers helped to piss away an asset in Ghost. But for all those people who do hockey pools every year, grab him.​

Would Hanifin for Ghost + Patrick make any sense? Also what’s your sense on Patrick’s future health wise?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Would Hanifin for Ghost + Patrick make any sense? Also what’s your sense on Patrick’s future health wise?

I'll be honest. I think Calgary would be silly to accept that deal. Patrick is probably 65/35 to play again at all, though qho knows with what impact. Maybe I jist don't read the Flames right, but they don't seem "that far away" to take thar gamble.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We just don't need Hanafin since we have Provy, Sanheim, signed Hagg(uggh), then Zamula and York coming. Plus with Provy, Sanheim and Myers, we would have to expose Hanifin.

Ideally the Flyers would get a RHD who is expansion exempt. We need a young righty.

Patrick and his health....who knows. It's migraines so not even a concussion issue. He said he had them as a kid and they went away until last year. So 10+ years without them. It has to be frustrating for him.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad