Speculation: Good players that could potentially be put on waivers before the season?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There won't be much for the Rangers in my opinion.

Guys like Fogarty or Nieves might pass through waivers at some point, but I wouldn't regard either as anything more than tweeners/role players at this point. I do think Fogarty may have a better chance at it, though.
Nieves will not be waived.
Scrubs [Fogarty] could be put on waivers.
Deadwood will be difficult to move.
Vets with value being pushed by younger guys likely to be traded, in some cases for market value, in some case for less. But not likely waived.

Should have waived Staal, kept Shatty, and that might have left possible one or two lessers being waived. But Shatty gave us just enuf wiggle room.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
On Detroit :

Dominic Turgeon
Jacob de la Rose
Joe Hicketts (although I think he'll stay as the 7th D)
Calvin Pickard

Not all stars, but still serviceable players.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I could see former all star Zemgus Girgenson being waived, although that is decidedly less likely with the injuries on D.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Depends how many kids make it out. But let's say Suzuki/Pehling/Fleury make the team.

You could see these guys pass through:

- Charles Hudon
- Matthew Peca
- Mike Reilly
- Christian Folin
- Charlie Lindgren

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
you guys can have a few MTL studs such as Dale Weise, Matthew Peca and the legend himself, Karl Alzner.

The Flyers bought out Schlemko, in case you didn't know.

$900,000 cap penalty in 19-20
$600,000 cap penalty in 20-21

Reactions: Rebels57

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Haydn Fleury isn't going to make the Hurricanes, I propose a swap with Brendan Perlini. Perlini isn't going to make the Blackhawks either, and we don't want to give him away for free.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Haydn Fleury isn't going to make the Hurricanes, I propose a swap with Brendan Perlini. Perlini isn't going to make the Blackhawks either, and we don't want to give him away for free.

Can’t see Carolina giving up the better player especially with them most likely dealing Faulk at some point.

Better target is for Honka out of Dallas

Reactions: DaveG

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
its possible that perlini might at some point. I think it would be more likely later in the year.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
On Detroit :

Dominic Turgeon
Jacob de la Rose
Joe Hicketts (although I think he'll stay as the 7th D)
Calvin Pickard

Not all stars, but still serviceable players.
We just resigned Hicketts for 2 yrs & just signed Pickard, doubt either gets waived. I think if anybody gets waived it'll be: Ericsson/Daley/Abdelkader (even though he's an Alternate Capt.). Hoping all: Cholo/Kaski/Seider/Ras/Veleno/Zadina/Svech either make the team to start or all up by the TDL at the latest. I think Hirose is pretty much a lock for the 2RW spot.

By TDL, I'm hoping for:

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
AA-Nielsen-Hirose
Veleno-Flip-Zadina
Svech-Ras-Erne
Helm
Ehn

DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Cholo-Kaski
Bowey

Bernier
Larsson

Trade: Green, Howard, JDLR
Trade/waive/dump: Ericsson, Daley, Abby
Hicketts can go back to GR.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Veterans with cap hits above the $1.075 mill that is exempt from the cap should pass through waivers given how tight most teams are to the cap.

Probably those in rfa age would get claimed if there is a need.

Plus teams factor in number of contracts they have. Do they want to allow for deadline additions along with ncaa signings.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Louie Domingue ends up on waivers, any team in need of a back-up should probably consider him. Played very well in TB when he was strictly a back-up. Not as good when Vasy was injured and he had to start a long stretch of games, even though he set a franchise record for consecutive wins in that time. But those games were all like 6-5. Still. Limited to a start every week or two, he's a solid contributor.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If Louie Domingue ends up on waivers, any team in need of a back-up should probably consider him. Played very well in TB when he was strictly a back-up. Not as good when Vasy was injured and he had to start a long stretch of games, even though he set a franchise record for consecutive wins in that time. But those games were all like 6-5. Still. Limited to a start every week or two, he's a solid contributor.

He was just placed on waivers.

In the streak where he won 11 consecutive games she did not once surrender five goals.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
We just resigned Hicketts for 2 yrs & just signed Pickard, doubt either gets waived. I think if anybody gets waived it'll be: Ericsson/Daley/Abdelkader (even though he's an Alternate Capt.). Hoping all: Cholo/Kaski/Seider/Ras/Veleno/Zadina/Svech either make the team to start or all up by the TDL at the latest. I think Hirose is pretty much a lock for the 2RW spot.

By TDL, I'm hoping for:

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
AA-Nielsen-Hirose
Veleno-Flip-Zadina
Svech-Ras-Erne
Helm
Ehn

DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Cholo-Kaski
Bowey

Bernier
Larsson

Trade: Green, Howard, JDLR
Trade/waive/dump: Ericsson, Daley, Abby
Hicketts can go back to GR.

-Given that Hicketts 2 year deal has more money going out in the 2nd year, it's probably a guarantee that he clears. You also say he "can go back to GR"... How does he do that without waivers?

-Pickard has basically been tabbed for GR since he signed. How else does he get there without waivers?

-Having Larsson platoon for a mostly AHL squad playing in the NHL for the last 1/4 of his first pro season instead of getting starts with a competitive AHL team would probably do awesome things for his confidence and development.

-Calling up all those guys to take NHL spots before and/or after the deadline will render a bunch of them ineligible for the AHL playoffs

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm betting Domingue clears and then gets traded after he has the flexibility of going up and down for a little while. Ala Pickard 2 years ago.

Reactions: Richard88

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
How about Filppula for Detroit? He is just taking a place away and has no value to improve Detroit by any mean.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
-Given that Hicketts 2 year deal has more money going out in the 2nd year, it's probably a guarantee that he clears. You also say he "can go back to GR"... How does he do that without waivers?

-Pickard has basically been tabbed for GR since he signed. How else does he get there without waivers?

-Having Larsson platoon for a mostly AHL squad playing in the NHL for the last 1/4 of his first pro season instead of getting starts with a competitive AHL team would probably do awesome things for his confidence and development.

-Calling up all those guys to take NHL spots before and/or after the deadline will render a bunch of them ineligible for the AHL playoffs
You're right, thanks for the clarification on the waivers. I'm just so anxious to have all our kids make it asap that I put no real thought into the post.

Re: the AHL playoff eligibility, please explain as clearly I'm not familiar with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad