Speculation: Good players that could potentially be put on waivers before the season?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
There won't be much for the Rangers in my opinion.

Guys like Fogarty or Nieves might pass through waivers at some point, but I wouldn't regard either as anything more than tweeners/role players at this point. I do think Fogarty may have a better chance at it, though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not sure I'd classify them as good, but a good chunk of the 2014 draft class will no longer be waiver exempt. So we'll probably see some movement with a couple of those guys who haven't cemented spots with their current clubs. Of the first rounders: Dal Colle, Fleury, Ho-Sang, Quenneville.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePlanet

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
:nashville

I don't know if you could say they are "good players" exactly, but the Preds currently have 11 shoo-in forwards, and will likely end up carrying 13. So if they sign a significant UFA or a young player cracks the team, then Miikka Salomaki or Frederick Gaudreau could be on waivers to start the season. They are more like "vaguely serviceable roster filler" than "good players" though.

Minor league candidates will be Laurent Dauphin, Adam Helewka, Colin Blackwell, Jarred Tinordi, Matt Donovan, and Troy Grosenick from Milwaukee. Of course that list will grow in a few weeks with new contract signings.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Not "good" players, but players that could be on waivers that may attract some attention
Holden
Zykov
T. Jarry
Alex Carrier
Timashov
Honka
Evgeny Svechnikov (Det)
Hicketts
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Hayden
Koekkoek
Eriksson-Ek
Ho Sang
McKeown
Granlund (Van)
Goldobin
Milano
Paul
Kamenev

Not all will be available but just some names to debate I guess

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Not "good" players, but players that could be on waivers that may attract some attention
Holden
Zykov
T. Jarry
Alex Carrier
Timashov
Honka
Evgeny Svechnikov (Det)
Hicketts
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Hayden
Koekkoek
Eriksson-Ek
Ho Sang
McKeown
Granlund (Van)
Goldobin
Milano
Paul
Kamenev

As was stated elsewhere, Jarry will be traded before being put on waivers.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I guess it's how you define "good"? How does a "good" player end up on waivers and not the press box?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Holden
Zykov
T. Jarry
Alex Carrier
Timashov
Honka
Evgeny Svechnikov (Det)
Hicketts
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Hayden
Koekkoek
Eriksson-Ek
Ho Sang
McKeown
Granlund (Van)
Goldobin
Milano
Paul
Kamenev

oh my god if Eriksson Ek ends up on waivers. with the Wild's center depth? I'm pretty sure you can cross that one off your list. I think we'd have to pick up at least two other centers with time on their clock of the line's 1-3 skill for that to make any sense at all.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
At forward the Lightning could potentially waive Martel or Verhaeghe if either Volkov or Stephens earns the last spot on our fourth line and they decide to carry 13F/8D. At defense Schenn, Rutta, and Masin are all fighting to stay on the roster. And at goalie Domingue is worthy of a backup role somewhere.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Holden
Zykov
T. Jarry
Alex Carrier
Timashov
Honka
Evgeny Svechnikov (Det)
Hicketts
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Hayden
Koekkoek
Eriksson-Ek
Ho Sang
McKeown
Granlund (Van)
Goldobin
Milano
Paul
Kamenev

Quite a few names there that I would think would get taken fairly quickly if out on waivers

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
At forward the Lightning could potentially waive Martel or Verhaeghe if either Volkov or Stephens earns the last spot on our fourth line and they decide to carry 13F/8D. At defense Schenn, Rutta, and Masin are all fighting to stay on the roster. And at goalie Domingue is worthy of a backup role somewhere.

I'd hope the leafs put a claim on Dominique as I'm not sold on hutch or neuvith as the backup. What is his cap hit?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Philly could have on waivers.

RW Aube-Kubel < maybe
LD Hagg < maybe for burial purposes to save cap.
RW Pitlick < maybe
RW Gabriel < maybe

LW Andreoff
C Criscuolo
RD Welinski
RD Prosser
RD Bigras
LD Brennen
LD Wotherspoon
RD Willcox
G Lyon
G J.F. Berube

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Holden
Zykov
T. Jarry
Alex Carrier
Timashov
Honka
Evgeny Svechnikov (Det)
Hicketts
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Hayden
Koekkoek
Eriksson-Ek
Ho Sang
McKeown
Granlund (Van)
Goldobin
Milano
Paul
Kamenev

You can cross Eriksson Ek off this list

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I can see the Ducks keep Guhle and Larsson in the AHL for more seasoning to start and signing a righty like Mckeown who has a bit more seasoning.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I guess for the sharks we could have
Johnny Brodzinski
Aaron Dell
Barclay Goodrow
Dalton Prout
Melker Karlsson
Trevor Carrick

But all are unlikely

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I guess for the sharks we could have
Johnny Brodzinski
Aaron Dell
Barclay Goodrow
Dalton Prout
Melker Karlsson
Trevor Carrick

But all are unlikely

I think Lukas Radil is more likely than any of those guys. He's got a legit NHL skill set and I suspect DW would do him a favor if he isn't able to crack the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->