Post-Game Talk: Good Guys win again, 5-1. Poor Hughson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Man the leafs are casually just dominating. Hope we see a play off series like this damn

Would be great to see the Leafs just steamroll to a cup like the LA Kings in 2011. Pick up that momentum on Canadian soil, let VGK and the Avs kill each other, the East battle it out, whatever the other division is doing and the run them all over when the time comes.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Surprised Sandin only had 12mins. I thought for a bit he was being double shifted because I kept seeing him on the ice with both Brodie and Dermott.

Reactions: Brown Dog

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Didn't like the 1st half, but were better in 2nd half. A terrific 3rd again. Campbell made some good saves early when we weren't playing well.
Interesting adjustment by Keefe. Had Sandin and Brodie paired at times while Rielly with Dermott.

We were downright awful in the first period. Sticking with it and coming out with a tie was huge!! Lazy and lots of turnovers to start... got engaged though as the game progressed and eventually took full control by the end of the 2nd and through the 3rd.

Sandin again looked excellent. Captain Jack was steady as she goes, not that he had a tough game. Matthews is a pure snipe machine... love it!

Would love to get all 6 points vs les Habitants... to send a message for the first round. Are we actually going to be playing the Jets?

Reactions: Cobra777

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
5 of the last 6 for the Habs are us and Edm

5 of the last 6 for the Jets are Ott, Van & Calg

On paper, the Jets should hold 3rd place

All but written in stone we face the habs, and finally have a new benchmark to go to in the post season when it comes to our rivalry.

One we will love quoting in the future.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Just paying tribute to a hughson comment... lol

Hughson's comment did have a qualifier though. It was something like "There is nothing better in Vancouver hockey than beating the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night."

All of the allusions to it, including yours, have been absolutes without a qualifier similar to "in Vancouver hockey."

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Keefe really rolled 4 lines.
Thornton -Brooks-Spezza lowest with 12-13 minutes
Marner the most with 17 with Matthews close to 16 mins and Tavares 16.5 mins. The others were in between.
Marner-Matthews average 21-22 mins/game

And they still dominated ...

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
220px-Whosnext.jpg

probably in my top five albums from any band.

Reactions: WilyStyless03SHYla

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
They’re counting on Helle to steal a potential series which is about right given they can’t play a lick of defence.

It's entirely stupid of them to feel confident that they can beat us when we literally bullied them. We will likely be resting players when we play them because they simply are not a threat anymore.

Outside of Helle. Nobody on that team scares me.

PoMo has lost the room the way he lost Byuff.

Everyone in the world knows schiefele is lazy.

We have a team of proven two way forwards and back checkers on each line. This team is something to be excited about. Theirs is not.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Hughson's comment did have a qualifier though. It was something like "There is nothing better in Vancouver hockey than beating the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night."

All of the allusions to it, including yours, have been absolutes without a qualifier similar to "in Vancouver hockey."
There was no qualifier

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
There was no qualifier

You're saying that he didn't say "in Vancouver hockey?" Because the very night it happened, it was being discussed in the PGT and people were claiming that Hughson said "There was nothing better than beating the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night" and I was unsure so, since it was less than 1 hour after he said it, I was able to rewind my DVR and listen to what he actually said which is what I quoted. But if you don't want to believe me, that's fine.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
You're saying that he didn't say "in Vancouver hockey?" Because the very night it happened, it was being discussed in the PGT and people were claiming that Hughson said "There was nothing better than beating the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night" and I was unsure so, since it was less than 1 hour after he said it, I was able to rewind my DVR and listen to what he actually said which is what I quoted. But if you don't want to believe me, that's fine.
Guess we’ll never know if it was facetious

Regardless, we know how he really feels. Fans have latched, I think they’re within their right to be bothered by the comment

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Magic Number is 5pts ?

I think it is 6. 5 pts gives the Leafs 76 points. If Edmonton wins all 8 of their games, they would also have 76 points. And there is a chance that the Oilers would have the tiebreaker so the Leafs would need 6 pts to guarantee it.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Guess we’ll never know if it was facetious

Regardless, we know how he really feels. Fans have latched, I think they’re within their right to be bothered by the comment

In any event, I find it ridiculous how much some people care about what media people or other fans say about the Leafs.

I honestly don't care what Hughson said but I do care about people quoting things accurately.

Reactions: Optimist

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Is Toronto this good or is Canada this bad? It's hard to say. I know they're the best team up here but hopefully it's not going to hurt them if and when they get out of the division.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Dominant win again. This team is so damn good right now.

Do you know why. Because Keefer and Dubas, provide a common front imo.

The players of today make more than the gods of bay street and Wall Street.

Best tandem since..... whenever.

Top, players, want the same or more from the people, above them.

Toronto, has to be at the top of that one.

Jumbo, is kinda on fire right now. He and Rielly looked perma stoned to me. But seriously I have no clue, no idea.

But if he is a bud man, Jumbo has switched to a much more violent brand.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Is Toronto this good or is Canada this bad? It's hard to say. I know they're the best team up here but hopefully it's not going to hurt them if and when they get out of the division.
Probably a bit of both. We probably have the easiest division, even just for the fact there are only 7 teams.

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Kerfoot is gone after this season to make room for Hyman's contract.

Anderson's 5M is going to be used on Hyman and a second goalie to partner Campbell. No need to trade Kerfoot when we already have cap room unless Dubas is looking at a different player profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad