Post-Game Talk: Good Guys win again, 5-1. Poor Hughson

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Part of this is Dubas's growth as a GM. He has done decent

We got away from Moore, Malgin, GOAT, Petan. I hated GOAT so much and I still do
I'll have a picture of him and remind myself the kind of man I don't want to be

:laugh:

Reactions: fahad203

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Would be great to see the Leafs just steamroll to a cup like the LA Kings in 2011. Pick up that momentum on Canadian soil, let VGK and the Avs kill each other, the East battle it out, whatever the other division is doing and the run them all over when the time comes.
Well that's a little much to expect but I'm very psyched to be going into the playoffs with a different goalie other then Andersen and not have to face a god damn top-5 team in the league Bruins.

I think bare minimum, we're set to win round 1 in style.

Reactions: horner

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
57vmtg.jpg
They will end up taking Luke Hughes and trading Peterson for Jack.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
It's entirely stupid of them to feel confident that they can beat us when we literally bullied them. We will likely be resting players when we play them because they simply are not a threat anymore.

Outside of Helle. Nobody on that team scares me.

PoMo has lost the room the way he lost Byuff.

Everyone in the world knows schiefele is lazy.

We have a team of proven two way forwards and back checkers on each line. This team is something to be excited about. Theirs is not.
Outside of Connor and Ehlers, the Jets are bad up front and on D. Ehlers is a fantastic player. Scheifle and Wheeler, despite their career numbers, are meh. They have a horrendous blue line and rely very heavily on their goalie. Its basically two forwards and their goalie. I think they'll get steamrolled come playoff time. I call bullshit on people thinking they have a top 5 forward group.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Nice OT goal by the 12 year old for his first in the NHL.

Habs only 2 points back of Winnipeg. Habs with their 23-27 record could end up 3rd. That is madness.
Montreal is still 16th in the league though so they should have a playoff spot. Dallas has same number of points, but so far, no team is making it that shouldn't be.

Reactions: Gallagbi

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I don't give two craps about who he likes or favours, he is drop dead awful at his job. The greats of the present and the past, have a certain tone of voice. Hughson and his chimp, simpeon, have no range in their voices at all.

They make something fantastic sound like a funeral. And they do it game after game. Year after year.

So when we get another no talent, who can range his voice a wee bit better, like Chris Cuthbert, we feel a little bit better.

Last edited:

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Can Leafs fans please get over the fact that Hughson isn't a Leafs fan? It's f***in' pathetic.

Still a lot of butt hurt going on because Hughson never sugar coated it when the Leafs were bad. So that's a lot of negative coverage for years. I found a big difference in his narrative post 2016 for obvious reasons. He's not my favourite, but he calls a decent game.

As for the win; It's been decades since I felt so calm watching the Leaf games. In the past few years if the Leafs went down a couple goals I would be thinking they can't let the next one in, or this game is already over. You could see the defeated effort early in the game when down.

With this team their is a expectation that they are never out of it. They can come back or bounce back. They play with a purpose, and if they are having a bad game, they still might be able to win. It's really enjoyable to watch.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Is Toronto this good or is Canada this bad? It's hard to say. I know they're the best team up here but hopefully it's not going to hurt them if and when they get out of the division.
Last years, Vezina, Art Ross, Hart, Lindsay, The Messier, the Top 2 points leaders and the guy who missed the Rocket Richard trophy by one goal play in the North. Is Canada this good? I think the answer is obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocker13

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Brooks has been a nice surprise, late season addition. I was never sold he was true NHL material, more a feeder guy in case we had a ton of injuries. But, he’s shown good skill, great hockey IQ and plenty of hustle. He seems to gel well with Spezza too, guy has been a pleasant revelation and is making the most of this chance. He’s in the mix now.

Also, this division does truly stink and it is the worst in the league imho. Leafs have no peer and ain’t even close. The Oilers are a mirage feasting on inferior opponents. Jets decent but not a real threat. I honestly can’t see us not making it to the third round, and I’m an abused Leafs fan.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Last years, Vezina, Art Ross, Hart, Top 2 points leaders and the guy who missed the Rocket Richard trophy by one goal play in the North. Is Canada this good? I think the answer is obvious.
Awards were great, all those trophies didn’t mean anything in the playoffs. I mean McDavid’s team has done nothing, the hardware is irrelevant to this discussion.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Awards were great, all those trophies didn’t mean anything in the playoffs. I mean McDavid’s team has done nothing, the hardware is irrelevant to this discussion.
Say what you will the fact remains the best players play in the North.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Say what you will the fact remains the best players play in the North.
The fact is we’re talking about how strong this division is and the guy with a full trophy case plays on a team that does nothing. So it isn’t strong at all.

There’s a ton of talent here, I take your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad