Oct 6, 2015
Other
And the Habs?
befbfeeed2985b519cbceae51e52758b.jpg
108994723_2730288470547906_7158599929154453124_n.jpg

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
I don't give two craps about who he likes or favours, he is drop dead awful at his job. The greats of the present and the past, have a certain tone of voice. Hughson and his chimp, simpeon, have no range in their voices at all.

They make something fantastic sound like a funeral. And they do it game after game. Year after year.

So when we get another no talent, who can range his voice a wee bit better, like Chris Cuthbert, we feel a little bit better.
yep sure do miss Joe Bowen

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
A little off topic and not a Canes fan by any means but it is Rod BrinDamours last contract season as head coach and stated to management the only way he will resign is if they bring back all his assistant coaches, trainers right down to the bag boys and equipment handlers. Class act right there, wish the Leafs would tell Sportsnet, CBC or whomever responsible to bring back Joe Bowen or stick it where the sun don't shine. Man just sends shivers and excitment when he calls the game vs listening to the likes of Hughson and whomever.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
A little off topic and not a Canes fan by any means but it is Rod BrinDamours last contract season as head coach and stated to management the only way he will resign is if they bring back all his assistant coaches, trainers right down to the bag boys and equipment handlers. Class act right there, wish the Leafs would tell Sportsnet, CBC or whomever responsible to bring back Joe Bowen or stick it where the sun don't shine. Man just sends shivers and excitment when he calls the game vs listening to the likes of Hughson and whomever.
What do you mean stick it where the sun don't shine? Just what can the Leafs do about it? State they are unhappy, big whoop, they can't actually do anything.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I honestl don't know why they don't try Holl on PP

He can carry the puck a bit, skate a bit and seems to have a booming right handed shot

Stop playing Rielly on PP already. Just stop

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Well that's a little much to expect but I'm very psyched to be going into the playoffs with a different goalie other then Andersen and not have to face a god damn top-5 team in the league Bruins.

I think bare minimum, we're set to win round 1 in style.
Beware of complacency! The team should watch last years Columbus series in its entirety just before game 1of series 1. And perhaps we fans too?

too many years a suffering Leafs fan to be confident, we need to be very vigilant

Reactions: egd27

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
What do you mean stick it where the sun don't shine? Just what can the Leafs do about it? State they are unhappy, big whoop, they can't actually do anything.
I dunno they are a hockey mecca in the league, probably no. 1 in NHL sales fans in every building, most talked about and one of the wealthiest in the league both financially and in historic, probably No.1 in T.V ratings for hockey, I could see them having some kind of pull, could be wrong but look at the stupid choices they have for play by play right now.
My post was mostly wishing and not actual in stone. However I'm sure the Leafs make them a ton of money off T.V ratings.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Brooks is great depth and potentially something to be excited for for next season but if Nash is healthy, there should be no way Nash doesn't get in over Brooks.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I dunno they are a hockey mecca in the league, probably no. 1 in NHL sales fans in every building, most talked about and one of the wealthiest in the league both financially and in historic, probably No.1 in T.V ratings for hockey, I could see them having some kind of pull, could be wrong but look at the stupid choices they have for play by play right now.
My post was mostly wishing and not actual in stone. However I'm sure the Leafs make them a ton of money off T.V ratings.
they absolutely make the broadcasters a ton of money, but they still can't do squat they cant say well we aren't playing.... The league holds all the cards they have sold the broadcast rights. It's all out of the Leaf hands.

Reactions: WilyStyless03SHYla

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario

I have no like button. NONE. But is a kiss and a hug sufficient.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Brooks is great depth and potentially something to be excited for for next season but if Nash is healthy, there should be no way Nash doesn't get in over Brooks.

Keefe said it all when he says “ he doesn’t do anything to make you take him out of the lineup” about Brooksie. My personal take on that is, he has played good enough both sides of the puck that it would apply to playoffs also.

Keefe might also think if Nash is going to need a couple games in to the first round before Nash is ready, he would be comfortable with Brooks in that spot. I would be comfortable with it personally.

Possibly Brooks and Nash could be in the first round. Brooks is so smart. I always hyped him up because of his hockey IQ. He can score to hut his hockey smarts are high. Now he gets to play with Spezza and Thornton. Valuable development going on right now with him playing with those two :)

Lots on here never did see this guy coming. Most actually. He might even become our 3rd line center and a good one before to long.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I love winning but Vancouver is in it thick right now. They were not great going in and now there schedule sucks after such a long time off they now have to play almost every other night.

They are going to be exhausted and done in. Their season is over.

Reactions: WilyStyless03SHYla

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Brooks has been a nice surprise, late season addition. I was never sold he was true NHL material, more a feeder guy in case we had a ton of injuries. But, he’s shown good skill, great hockey IQ and plenty of hustle. He seems to gel well with Spezza too, guy has been a pleasant revelation and is making the most of this chance. He’s in the mix now.

Also, this division does truly stink and it is the worst in the league imho. Leafs have no peer and ain’t even close. The Oilers are a mirage feasting on inferior opponents. Jets decent but not a real threat. I honestly can’t see us not making it to the third round, and I’m an abused Leafs fan.
Florida gutted their team and lost key players to injury....and are ahead of Tampa.

The North is the second or third best. The Leafs are just that good.

Reactions: Confucius

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Until recently, didn't it feel like this team never won by a comfortable margin....now they're doing it in every game?

But they won't always do so, and that's just fine. It's the unreasonable enthusiasm/optimism that leads to our fanbase into meltdown when losing streaks occur as though those stretches are opportunities to slam Campbell, trade Nylander and ridicule Dubas yet again. I think the same has to be said when we're in stretches that seem ideal and even worse, ideal and effortless as though it should be the expected norm going forward.

I hope what's happening is the team is adding experience and confidence in playing with a lead when they get one. It's lacked in teams before, almost as something synonymous with being a Leaf.

It is nice to see a comfort in building and protecting the noted margin though.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

WilyStyless03SHYla

aimiriteee
Apr 26, 2021
Can’t help but feel bad for some of the other big market teams in Canada and the states , but no one felt bad for us . Well rub it in nicely, haha

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Brooks has been a nice surprise, late season addition. I was never sold he was true NHL material, more a feeder guy in case we had a ton of injuries. But, he’s shown good skill, great hockey IQ and plenty of hustle. He seems to gel well with Spezza too, guy has been a pleasant revelation and is making the most of this chance. He’s in the mix now.

Also, this division does truly stink and it is the worst in the league imho. Leafs have no peer and ain’t even close. The Oilers are a mirage feasting on inferior opponents. Jets decent but not a real threat. I honestly can’t see us not making it to the third round, and I’m an abused Leafs fan.

A mirage feasting. Great post, would give you a like but.... an accolade is all me got for now.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I think it is 6. 5 pts gives the Leafs 76 points. If Edmonton wins all 8 of their games, they would also have 76 points. And there is a chance that the Oilers would have the tiebreaker so the Leafs would need 6 pts to guarantee it.

Oilers play the Nucks 5 more times , so there's 10 pts.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON

Think they only people really complaining (in some cases obsessing) about this, is a few on here who want a homer play by play every game - even a national broadcast. I've been watching pretty much every game this team has played for my entire 48 years of existence, and aside from when Romaniuk and Millen did the regional games recently, I have never had a problem with the broadcast. Surprised it means so much to some.

I love Joe Bowen - and wish he was back for the "REGIONAL" TV broadcasts, just as much as anyone. He provided good commentary (esp with Harry Neale) and a ton of humour too. Can you imagine the uproar from other teams fans if he did HNIC!?! who already complain about the Leafs being jammed down their throats all the time as it is!

Was there all this whining when Bob Cole called the games? He was as impartial as there is, and how it should be. I don't see Hughson as a Canucks supporter over any other team during his broadcasts. He must be pretty respected in the industry to be awarded national broadcasts. HNIC and any national broadcasts should be impartial. Comical when people post that Hughson must be crying when the Leafs beat the Jets.

Imagine NBC or whoever might have national US broadcast rights and they pick a homer like Rick Jeanerette or Mickey Redmond to do the games Sabres or Red Wings national games.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Think they only people really complaining (in some cases obsessing) about this, is a few on here who want a homer play by play every game - even a national broadcast. I've been watching pretty much every game this team has played for my entire 48 years of existence, and aside from when Romaniuk and Millen did the regional games recently, I have never had a problem with the broadcast. Surprised it means so much to some.

I love Joe Bowen - and wish he was back for the "REGIONAL" TV broadcasts, just as much as anyone. He provided good commentary (esp with Harry Neale) and a ton of humour too. Can you imagine the uproar from other teams fans if he did HNIC!?! who already complain about the Leafs being jammed down their throats all the time as it is!

Was there all this whining when Bob Cole called the games? He was as impartial as there is, and how it should be. I don't see Hughson as a Canucks supporter over any other team during his broadcasts. He must be pretty respected in the industry to be awarded national broadcasts. HNIC and any national broadcasts should be impartial. Comical when people post that Hughson must be crying when the Leafs beat the Jets.

Imagine NBC or whoever might have national US broadcast rights and they pick a homer like Rick Jeanerette or Mickey Redmond to do the games Sabres or Red Wings national games.
I find the commentary boring, my issue is not because he is a supposed Canucks fan or whatever, I love Joe's call not because he is a homer but because he puts so much life into the game.

Reactions: Cams
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->