Post-Game Talk: Good Guys win again, 5-1. Poor Hughson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Man I can't wait till game 1.

Leafs are rolling and look like juggernauts.

I got us in 5 vs the Habs and 5 vs oilers in 2nd round

This leaf team seems ready to become legends

Starting to look more and more like we're gonna play the jets! Habs are only 2 points back on em and the Jets are shitting the bed big time!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Adam Brooks is going to be our 3rd line C next season and has top 2C potential. He's just amazing.

He's small but physical, skates well, and just makes smart plays with the puck.

Reactions: Superstar

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
It's funny how just adding a guy like Foligno opens up so many new line combinations.

Different looks for teams to be aware of. I think there's a few surprise looks for the PP too but they're not going to tip their hand yet.

Reactions: Korg

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
I'd just like to say Jason Spezza is on pace for 47 pts. While making the equivalent of 14$/hour (minimum wage lol)

Jason Spezza how I wish we had drafted you somehow in 2002. It's a privilege having him in the team.

Joe ain't to bad either tbh
I remember when Jason Spezza was getting the Kadri treatment breaking into the league

Reactions: WilyStyless03SHYla

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Nice to see the players being rested a bit these past few games, no need to play 20+ mins a night with a few games left.

I thought they would rest a couple tonight. I hope Holl is ok. If so, give him some rest for a game or two.

Balance their rhythm with a bit of physical regeneration.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Who's next?
220px-Whosnext.jpg

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Adam Brooks is going to be our 3rd line C next season and has top 2C potential. He's just amazing.

He's small but physical, skates well, and just makes smart plays with the puck.

Kerfoot is gone after this season to make room for Hyman's contract.

Reactions: Pi and LeafSadist

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Great way to slowly wrap up the regular season and head into the playoffs strong.

Normally I am jittery about their first round opponent, but I can't honestly take Montreal as a legitimate and viable threat to Toronto. Even if our goaltending is vomit-inducing bad, our offense will pick it up. Allen is a decent back-up, but he can't carry Montreal to the promised land. Price won't either, he's about as awful as you can get and his prime waved goodbye several seasons ago.

Matthews and Marner continue to make goaltenders look stupid. Love to watch them play. Matthews is easily the best natural pure goal scorer of this generation. When I say this generation, I mean Matthews entry into the NHL. Only Ovechkin is better in that department.

Love this team, love they got redemption against Vancouver for those two losses a few weeks back. I'm not a fan of Rittich, thankfully we probably won't see him in the playoffs.

Gooooo Leafs go!!!!!!!!!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Foligno is settling in nicely. He was physical, strong on the puck in all 3 zones and made some nice plays at both ends of the ice. He's on a PPG pace so far as a Leaf.

Reactions: Cobra777 and Tlo1

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kerfoot is gone after this season to make room for Hyman's contract.
No way Hyman is getting 3.5M on top of his 2.25M salary.

That 3.5M should cover both Rielly and Hyman's next contracts

1.75ishM to both of them,

6 years 4M for Hyman
8 years 6.75M Rielly

Then we got 1.2M from Kessel retention for Sandin bridge deal next year

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
Foligno is settling in nicely. He was physical, strong on the puck in all 3 zones and made some nice plays at both ends of the ice. He's on a PPG pace so far as a Leaf.
What happened to him in the third period seems like he barely played kerfoot took his shift at the end

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
How many goals should Mikeyev have this season?
If he was kapanen (the leafs version who I considered a rich man's Mikheyev) I think kappy would have had something like 12 goals and 14 assists in 51 games for us.

He should be around 10-12 goals but is honestly the worst finisher on the team with Engvall and Kerfoot being close 2nd and 3rd

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Babcock was off the mark when it came to Spezza for sure. Made no sense going with a fringe nhler in Shore who had no track record of positive performance vs a guy like Spezza who was a superstar in his prime and still had the IQ and skill to be used as a strong offensive support piece playing limited minutes.

Keefe has handled Spezza/Simmonds/Joe(tho he gave him a more leeway earlier when he was slumping) very well.

Those 3 along with Foligno are going to be a huge part of the leadership core come playoffs. If Matthews/Marner are having a tough series they can be our Seabrook to Toews and take leadership to get things back on track.

Last year we had to many players looking for their own individual development.

Barrie wanted to be paid, ceci was fighting for a deal, Kapanen and AJ wanted to become established top 6 guys etc.

It seems the team is really doing well from chemistry perspective.

Part of this is Dubas's growth as a GM. He has done decent

We got away from Moore, Malgin, GOAT, Petan. I hated GOAT so much and I still do
I'll have a picture of him and remind myself the kind of man I don't want to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad