Sportsnet: "Good chance" Tyson Jost gets traded

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Make the pick a conditional one, if Pageau resigns it's a 2nd or 1st. Not exactly sure how good Jost is so idk which pick I'd want back on the condition

It'd have to be 2021 instead in that case but I'd be for it.

Jost + Conditional 2021 3rd for Pageau.

Conditions are: If the Avs make the cup finals in 2020 or 2021, or if Pageau re-signs with the Avs the pick becomes a 2021 2nd.

Reactions: Taluss

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Incredible how much better a player becomes in the eyes of a fanbase when they're about to be traded (unless you're Gustafsson).

Never seen praise like this for Jost in the trade board the past few years.

Everything we say about Jost on the Avs board is just the raging of unhinged fanatics. This is where you come to get the real truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASmileyFace

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Super hard worker, smart player, good shot when he gets it off. His skating has held him back from finding a place on this Avs team.

If he were moved to a team that doesn’t rely on speed and skating as much as the Avs, he could carve out a middle-6 role. He’s still so young.
a middle six forward is a third liner at best just like Jost

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Tyson Jost fits Bergevin's motto to a T.

Reclamation project.

Then again, you can't get him for Cousins, Weal, Thompson, or anything minor like that, so Montreal isn't getting him.
BB10cH5P.img

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Avs fans are being way too nice to Jost in this thread, he’s been easily the worst regular of the year and now he’s accomplished this feat for multiple years.

The truth is his skating is not good enough for his size and he’s incredibly weak on the boards. He gets rocked every single game and is now at a point where you can tell he expects to fall to the ice after every hit, it’s like he’s half falling before contact is even initiated by the other teams player.

my biggest issue with Jost is his processing ability. You always hear about certain players seeing plays happen before they actually do, Jost does not do this. He reacts after a play has developed but at that point he is too slow/weak to do anything about it. Anyone that trades for this guy is going to be disappointed, I do not believe in him to figure it all out and become an NHL player. Some are saying he’s an NHL player now but I would not agree with that at all, he should have been in the AHL full time years ago as he does not help the NHL team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm going to step in here because the Avs fan base is starting to look bad lol.

It's a joke guys. Everybody despises Tyson Jost. He's not quite Alex Kerfoot level but he's certainly a guy that we've wanted off our team for quite some time. Our fan base came on here making jokes about how great he was to see some funny high level proposals but it was a joke and the sarcasm has been missed. Nobody who follows the Avs believes Jost is even moderately competent. He's a good kid and we hope he succeeds elsewhere but we can't wait for this trade to finally happen.

Edit: I take it back!!

Tyson Jost is good!
source.gif

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the Avs should do something around Jost for John Gibson.

The Ducks aren't going to be good anytime soon, and they could pick up a well-developed starting goaltender which would likely make them cup-bound for many years to come.

EDIT:

So Ducks fans don't get triggered I didn't mean Jost for Gibson, I meant he'd be part of the package going to Anaheim. I imagine two firsts and a second would likely be included, Grubauer too.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Weber retires Nashville are on the hook for his cap hit not Montreal.
I know people keep saying this but it's not completely true. Yes Nashville get hit with most of it, but the Habs do as well. Florida is on the hook for 1.1 million each of the next 3 years for Luongo despite Vancouver getting hit with the biggest chunk of the penalty.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Jesus f*** I'd rather just resign Kreider than get someone like Tyson "luggage" Jost. The 1st round pick for this year is great, wonderful, but Tyson Jost? Really? ANOTHER center? Nope. We don't need him whatsoever not with Chytil (who's already arguably better) and Ryan Strome most likely to resign. We would love winger prospects and I know you can never have enough centers but it would make absolutely not sense I'm sorry

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

The Ducks aren't going to be good anytime soon, and they could pick up a well-developed starting goaltender which would likely make them cup-bound for many years to come.
Don’t see the Ducks ever doing that, but yeah, sign me up for it yesterday.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

As an Avs fan I fully agree.

Jost would be like the 4th most valuable piece of any hypothetical package that returns John Gibson.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

It's a joke guys. Everybody despises Tyson Jost. He's not quite Alex Kerfoot level but he's certainly a guy that we've wanted off our team for quite some time. Our fan base came on here making jokes about how great he was to see some funny high level proposals but it was a joke and the sarcasm has been missed. Nobody who follows the Avs believes Jost is even moderately competent. He's a good kid and we hope he succeeds elsewhere but we can't wait for this trade to finally happen.
From the outside, it seems like he was clearly rushed into the NHL. So early that he's not even waiver exempt to go develop a bit in the AHL. Kind of disappointing cause I'd be thrilled to trade for him and let him join Belleville on their Calder run.

Either way, I'd be glad to give him a shot in Ottawa where he'll have plenty of opportunity for the next 1.5 years at least.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

giphy.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
As an Avs fan I fully agree.

Jost would be like the 4th most valuable piece of any hypothetical package that returns John Gibson.

Would be the deal of the century.

Don’t see the Ducks ever doing that, but yeah, sign me up for it yesterday.

Jost would be part of the package...

I imagine Grubauer and a few high-end draft picks would go the other way. Gibson is still one of the best goaltenders in the league, one of the highest valued goalies in the league.

Unless they could do something around Jost and Fowler/Lindholm. Which would be Jost and 1st/2nd, would imagine a 1st considering teams are paying high this deadline.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Well it looks like the party pooper has arrived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad