Sportsnet: "Good chance" Tyson Jost gets traded

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I know people keep saying this but it's not completely true. Yes Nashville get hit with most of it, but the Habs do as well. Florida is on the hook for 1.1 million each of the next 3 years for Luongo despite Vancouver getting hit with the biggest chunk of the penalty.
Webers Salary/ Cap hit isn't an issue for Montreal

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Lol I've never so many Av's fans with such nice things to say about Jost. Is it his birthday??? Seriously though he's got okay potential as a reclamation project but has not been good with the Av's and no it's not being unlucky.

alright then! Thompson + Kovy for Jost + 3rd!

Reactions: bleuetbio

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would just keep him and keep letting him develop. Still only 21 years old. And with Kadri hurt, seems like a bad time to trade him. Also, nothing wrong if he just becomes a very good shutdown C. Those guys are very valuable to a team especially in the playoffs.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I would rather just keep him. Its not like his value can get any worse and we're NOT going to get back an impact player for him. Why bother trading him unless the plan is to open up his roster spot for one of the prospects/UFA this off-season?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I would rather just keep him. Its not like his value can get any worse and we're NOT going to get back an impact player for him. Why bother trading him unless the plan is to open up his roster spot for one of the prospects/UFA this off-season?
I'd wait until Joe Sakic does his thing before guessing any of that.

Reactions: Avaholic29

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I mean I guess I don't want Trocheck then. I was under the impression that he isn't exactly core player material anymore since his injury thats why I believed there might be a fit. The (limited) eye test , Panthers fans comments on here and his production over the last 1.5 years speak a bit to that.

At that price I certainly have no desire at all for him.
This also was not primarly about acquiring Trocheck for me. More about believing that Zadorov (who I love but believe probably will not be in Denver 12 months from now unfortunately) would be a great fit for the Panthers and that I have no interest in rentals like Hoffman or Dadonov in exchange which made Trocheck an obvious fit.
Yea well, even if Trocheck's production slipped slightly, he's still a really good player. You can't expect to land high end players with terms like Trocheck, Petry, Tatar, etc. with Jost, Zadorov, or a late 1st. Jost, I'm sorry to say, is a terrible player. Kid seems like a genuine good guy but he's got no speed, average hands, shot, decision IQ, etc. Plays die when he has the puck. Looking more and more like a bust. If you don't believe me, go read what your fellow fans think of him on the Avs board. Max I'd give for him is a 3rd round pick. Zadorov plays approximately 18:00 mins per game throughout his career. He's more like a #4 d-man or bottom pairing. Certainly not enough to be labelled as a 2nd pairing d-man. If you're not happy with the asking price of the players on the market, that's fine. Keep status quo.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Lol I've never so many Av's fans with such nice things to say about Jost. Is it his birthday??? Seriously though he's got okay potential as a reclamation project but has not been good with the Av's and no it's not being unlucky.
Why do I always see you ragging on other Avs fans? With pretty stupid points too. Most of us said he had been bad and the reason is that he isn't a good enough skater to play in the Avs system. Not that he's been snakebit lol

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I would just keep him and keep letting him develop. Still only 21 years old. And with Kadri hurt, seems like a bad time to trade him. Also, nothing wrong if he just becomes a very good shutdown C. Those guys are very valuable to a team especially in the playoffs.

He was good during the playoffs last year too.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Jost would be part of the package...

I imagine Grubauer and a few high-end draft picks would go the other way. Gibson is still one of the best goaltenders in the league, one of the highest valued goalies in the league.

Unless they could do something around Jost and Fowler/Lindholm. Which would be Jost and 1st/2nd, would imagine a 1st considering teams are paying high this deadline.

Okay fair enough. Would still love it as an Avs fan.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Did you not see the minutes from the latest HFAvs board meeting?

The guy has shown himself to be a detriment to the team, and has contributed much of nothing except blocking the way for guys like O'Connor, and Bowers to get contribute at the NHL level.
Pretty sure he's the reason we had to trade Toninato too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He will always be cheap as well. Not everyone breaks out on their ELC. Sign him to a 2 year bridge deal and see if he improves. Get him a skating coach as that seems to be an issue with others.

Look at a guy like Scott Laughton for the Flyers. Didn't even start playing in NHL until 21 and then went back to AHL at age 22. Had a 20 point season at age 23. Then at age 24 had 32 points and this year at age 25, on pace for 39. It wasn't all smooth sailing and he spent lots of time on 4th line and at times 3rd line...and switching between LW and C. Now he still isn't a world beater, but he has helped the Flyers win games and has supplied depth.

Sometimes the best moves, are the ones you don't make.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Deal around Jost and Drouin. Small add from Avs. Let’s not act like Drouin has been very good either. Change of scenery might do them both good

Reactions: teddygmr

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Why do I always see you ragging on other Avs fans? With pretty stupid points too. Most of us said he had been bad and the reason is that he isn't a good enough skater to play in the Avs system. Not that he's been snakebit lol
I'm opinionated I guess. And the points aren't that stupid. I read the first two pages and it was ridiculous. After I posted I read more and there were a lot more good takes from Av's fans. I agree with your point on his skating which is why I actually think he's a legit reclamation project for another team and nor a thowaway. He could succeed somewhere else.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
you're basicly saying he's not good on a very good offensive team and it's not bad luck
I guess I should have expanded. He could be good on a team with a different play style (not speed based). guys just need a fresh start sometimes as well. He has good two way play and a decent shot. Just hasn't worked for him in Colorado. Might not else where but he has the some tools to turn it around.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So many Jost haters lol. Guy works his ass off and is all heart. He needs a different system and style. Just like burakovsky and nichushkin did. Both were labeled dumps by their clubs and now have been huge for the avs.

Reactions: teddygmr

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Deal around Jost and Drouin. Small add from Avs. Let’s not act like Drouin has been very good either. Change of scenery might do them both good

Drouin was absolutely great before being injured. He played with gusto, showed much better compete than ever before, was actually pretty good defensively, produced 15 points in 19 games playing mostly with a then-struggling Domi on a second line and being snake-bitten quite a bit with hitting posts and players on his line (Domi, Lehkonen) missing a great deal of amazing chances to score.

Drouin hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury and that leads me (and many others) to believe he came back too soon. Drouin should probably have called it quits for this year and focused on getting back his game during the summer instead of trying hopelessly to help the Montreal Canadiens reach the playoffs.

Gallagher had a severe injury to his hand a couple years ago that saw him lose a lot of traction offensively for about a year after he'd come back, but he persevered through, kept re-habing his hand until it finally healed 100%. He's had his most productive seasons afterwards and is a vital part of our team even now. I expect the same from Drouin.

Inversely, Jost has been healthy this year but has played on a third or fourth line most of the year and hasn't looked dynamic at all offensively and pretty average defensively. At this point, Jost's pretty much a third-liner who's potential as a top-6 guy is low, much lower than Drouin's, who's at least proven himself capable of at least 50 points even on an offensively challenged team. I'm pretty sure Drouin would have had his most productive year this season had he not been injured.

All-in-all, Jost is in no way, shape or form of equal value to Drouin, no disrespect to the player. It would take a great deal more than just Tyson Jost to acquire Drouin, not the ''small add'' you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad