Sportsnet: "Good chance" Tyson Jost gets traded

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
In a slower, more deliberate system, Jost is going to be a great number 2C. Guy is great along the boards and isn't afraid to take the body to make a play. It just hasn't worked here.

He is too weak to be great along the boards.

Great work ethic, no fear, has a very underrated shot; but he is an average/below average skater mixed with being undersized/not strong. That is an awful combination. All of his other skills are decent and both his defensive and offensive hockey senses should at least make him a good middle six guy, but just by being small + mediocre skater means he can almost never get any time with the puck to do anything with it.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Tyson Jost and Tyson Barrie are not the same player. Neither is Tyson Fury. All probably named after Mike Tyson.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Morrison and Avsboy

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Tremendous upside.

Played over 20 minutes tonight, only MacKinnon and Landeskog played more.

Asking price is Byram/Newhook+1st.
Haven't you been paying attention, those pieces aren't available for trade :sarcasm:

Yeah just saw the TOI tonite, averaged 10 minutes per game last 5 coming in

Showcasing for someone

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Jost is a guy I could see breaking out in a big way over the next few years. He just plays the game the right way and works his ASS off. I just can't imagine some team not looking back on moving for him and being thankful. Kid is an A+ human being as well. Just probably wont get the opportunity he will need with how deep that Col team has gotten

Sure he does.
giphy.gif

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Would love to have him as the 3c in his hometown. But we’re looking for exactly what they are, going impact top 6ers so probably no reasonable deal to be made.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a Jost for Poolparty basis because I feel like O'Connor/Kaut can hold their own on the bottom 6, but Joe is going to want a NHL player back for this year.

If he isn't included in a bigger deal at the TDL, i'd be happy with a deal like Khiara + Poolparty for Jost.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
If there's anything we can't criticize about his development is that he hasn't been given opportunities. He has been spoonfed NHL time for years. It took like 2.5 years for him to even get sent back to the AHL which he skipped at first.

His issue is with fit and the team style of all out skating everywhere, not lack of opportunity.

Shhhh.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Rangers fans will love him if he's moved, he has the makings of being a smaller Sean Couturier 2.0. Has all the tools of being an elite shutdown centre.

No he doesn’t, unfortunately.
Nothing against Jost but Sean Couturier is a far better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad