Sportsnet: "Good chance" Tyson Jost gets traded

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Two Rangers scouts at a game that Jost was heavily showcased. Rumors of COL being in on Kreider.

I am not sure if I would say he was heavily showcased.
Its just that the Avs were missing a ton of their regular forwards and some people had to pick up the slack and it went to OT. Mac played 29 minutes. Landy 24.
No surprise that he played more minutes than our 3 AHL callups, Kamenev (who is below him in the pecking order or atleast close) and Nieto (who IMO has been worse than Jost recently). The guys clearly ahead of him all played more minutes.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I can see Yzerman getting in on Jost. His upside might not be what people thought when he was drafted but with his work ethic, he has a good chance. Someone compared him to Couturier earlier but right now, because of the lack of flash we’ve seen from him, he might be more of a rich man’s Scott Laughton.

Yzerman is a sneaky GM. I could see him move a Mantha to a team like the Avs who are loaded with prospects. Jost, a 1st and a high end prospect. Gives the Avs a player who’s really evolved and just entering his prime. Put a finisher like him with his size and reach combined with his sneaky speed, the Avs top six would be lethal.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
find it wierd that Bergevin and Sakic have been in crazy talks and now 0 scouts at the game?
I'm sure they've both figured out what their plan is. A lot of teams bring their scouts home a few days before the deadline to all meet together about everything they've seen.

Reactions: HOPE

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Incredible how much better a player becomes in the eyes of a fanbase when they're about to be traded (unless you're Gustafsson).

Never seen praise like this for Jost in the trade board the past few years.

You'll find this in every aspect of life. The "you never know what you have until its gone" cliche is there for a reason. Its the same reason why companies will only give their own employees 7% raises while offering 15% to poach employees from other companies instead.

Every trade is about the upside, and every player on a team always is focused on the negatives. Human brains are just dumb like that.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Jost is a weird, sad case. He works so damn hard and all the coaches are in love with him because of his effort, but he just can't make anything translate. He was virtually handed the 2C position a few seasons ago and did f*** all with it; he has had every single opportunity to carve out a role for himself on this team all over the lineup and simply can't.

I agree with others who say he could achieve that somewhere else on a slower, grinding team. The last few games are pretty good examples; he does better in games where things are slowed down and swampy. But "better" still means absolutely zero production and that's the main issue for him. He generates nothing. He contributes to nothing. He kills offense just by stepping on the ice.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Jost is a weird, sad case. He works so damn hard and all the coaches are in love with him because of his effort, but he just can't make anything translate. He was virtually handed the 2C position a few seasons ago and did f*ck all with it; he has had every single opportunity to carve out a role for himself on this team all over the lineup and simply can't.

I agree with others who say he could achieve that somewhere else on a slower, grinding team. The last few games are pretty good examples; he does better in games where things are slowed down and swampy. But "better" still means absolutely zero production and that's the main issue for him. He generates nothing. He contributes to nothing. He kills offense just by stepping on the ice.

I agree with some things said here but the coaches aren't in love with him, he's the 4c behind bellemare and as for being handed the 2c position a couple years ago, he was in his 19-20 year old season. Expecting big production is silly. He just needs a change of pace and scenery. O'Reilly also spent his first three seasons barely producing but working his bag off. Not saying he can become that kind of producer but scouts are looking at tools in a player and not stats. Burakovsky and nichushkin being prime examples of having the tools with a need of change. And no I'm not trying to pump his tires cause hes now a trade assett. He was rushed into the league and when he didn't break onto the scene he was buried. Anyone below the top 6 and first pp on the avs doesn't play much.

Reactions: teddygmr

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Jost is a weird, sad case. He works so damn hard and all the coaches are in love with him because of his effort, but he just can't make anything translate. He was virtually handed the 2C position a few seasons ago and did f*ck all with it; he has had every single opportunity to carve out a role for himself on this team all over the lineup and simply can't.

The problem with him prior to the his draft is that he was seen like someone without a particular high end skill but with an unbelievable hockey IQ which is a skill but kind of useless if you dont have an high end one to generate something special.

Reactions: hooverdam

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I agree with some things said here but the coaches aren't in love with him, he's the 4c behind bellemare and as for being handed the 2c position a couple years ago, he was in his 19-20 year old season. Expecting big production is silly. He just needs a change of pace and scenery. O'Reilly also spent his first three seasons barely producing but working his bag off. Not saying he can become that kind of producer but scouts are looking at tools in a player and not stats. Burakovsky and nichushkin being prime examples of having the tools with a need of change. And no I'm not trying to pump his tires cause hes now a trade assett. He was rushed into the league and when he didn't break onto the scene he was buried. Anyone below the top 6 and first pp on the avs doesn't play much.

When I say the coaches are in love with him, I don't mean that they overplay him (at least, not anymore). You can hear in the way they talk about him, the way they bump him up whenever there's an opportunity for it, all the chances they've give him that someone like Kamenev will never sniff. It's very obvious that they want him to succeed, while also now playing him commensurate with his production (or lack thereof).

This isn't even a case where he's providing ~intangibles though. Jost provides nothing. He does nothing. I agree he was rushed, but he was also handed opportunities that most players at his age would run their grandmothers over for. This is not a case of lack of opportunity. They rolled out the red carpet for him and he has failed to meet expectations at every turn.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Jost for Puljujarvi. Both players get a change of scenery.
As much as we hate on Jost, he's a roster player. I can't see Sakic trading a bottom 6 centre who is used every game for a guy who isn't even playing in North America this year while the Avs are 1st in the west in points%.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
When I say the coaches are in love with him, I don't mean that they overplay him (at least, not anymore). You can hear in the way they talk about him, the way they bump him up whenever there's an opportunity for it, all the chances they've give him that someone like Kamenev will never sniff. It's very obvious that they want him to succeed, while also now playing him commensurate with his production (or lack thereof).

This isn't even a case where he's providing ~intangibles though. Jost provides nothing. He does nothing. I agree he was rushed, but he was also handed opportunities that most players at his age would run their grandmothers over for. This is not a case of lack of opportunity. They rolled out the red carpet for him and he has failed to meet expectations at every turn.

I can't recall a time Jost ever averaged over 14-15 a game. And this season it's been more 9-10 mins a game. He's only 21 my point is he isn't a complete bust and lost cause. But to each their own when it comes to what they beleive. I just know I see alot more in jost and I hope he figures it out, he's just expendable with what we have in our system.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
The hell is this? Jost and Barrie are the same people? I'll have to research this further and let you know what I think.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Sure he does.
giphy.gif

He sure does.

evil-smile.gif

Real good pro. Canadian too.

giphy.gif

It’s working...

source.gif

Oh no.. I'm so tired that I find these more hilarious than they are. Which means I'm about to go through every comment now and I got to wake up in 6 hours. Then commute for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Not cool guys/girls, not cool.

I wish Bob McKenzie still posted here so I could quote him calling y'all a bunch of "assclowns" for doing this to me.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad