Post-Game Talk: Good Burmi Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd love to see a clip of this

If you have the game PVR'd there was a huge True North chant in the crowd and the camera cut to the bench and Burmi reacted to the chant with a big smile (at least I think it was Burmi it was just a snapshot moment).

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
And of you know anything of recent history youll understand that those cultures are not on the friendliest of terms (and different language obviously).

They are from the same neck of the woods as if I ran into a Mexican in Japan, I would be happy to see him and just because cultures clash that's doesn't mean the people can't get along on a one to one basis also their languages are similar just like French, Italian and Spanish are, geezz your a tough group to please at 1:03 in the am.

Last edited by a moderator:

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Maurice had 3.3 million reasons to play Stuart every night. It's the politics of the dollar. Is it right? Probably not, but it is reality.

I understand not putting a 3 million dollar investment in the ahl but I don't understand it justifying his pk time other than you don't want your more expensive d getting hit with slapshots

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Yay meaningless points we don't want!

Exactly....watch the jets lose one of the top 3 picks just to prove they are not tankers and lose what we could only hope to be in the future and ensure the jets are a middling team.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I understand not putting a 3 million dollar investment in the ahl but I don't understand it justifying his pk time other than you don't want your more expensive d getting hit with slapshots

Yea its really how you adapt to the situation. LA had problems with an overpaid Mike Richards and also signing Dustin Brown to a big deal before his health changed his game. In both cases Sutter and Lombardi dealt with "reality" and played both players in rolls their game on the ice dictated not what their paycheck dictated. I don't hate Stu and he is becoming a scapegoat but I hate how we treat him and utilize him on the ice.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Maurice had 3.3 million reasons to play Stuart every night. It's the politics of the dollar. Is it right? Probably not, but it is reality.

Fair enough, Stu should be a guy Chevy really needs to push out the door!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Fair enough, Stu should be a guy Chevy really needs to push out the door!

The Flames do need to replace Russels shor blocking prowess :sarcasm:

I still think he'll end up in Las Vegas in the expansion draft

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I have been trying to avoid the piling on penalty and Staff has those great hands around the net but man he is painful to watch without the puck. He has zero ability to close the gap and force turnovers. I like his point production but I find when I am watching him now all I am seeing is his faults. Playing him at Left wing is a terrible idea IMO.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Even more so when we see how much better the PK is with Stuart off of it

Postma is better than Stu now, before and forever

Pardy was right, having Stu playing ahead of him and Postma was ridiculous, actually having Stu playing ahead of Jay Harrison was ridiculous.

Don't know what part of Stu is really bad at hockey that Maurice doesn't get?:shakehead

Stu plays for the same reason Pavelec plays for the same reason Thorburn plays. MONEY. MONEY. MONEY.

IMO the ownership of this team is tight with a buck. Not cheap, just frugal. If there is no way Chipman was going to let Chevy buy out the worst starting goaltender in the NHL, then how much is ownership going to flip if someone like Stu making $3.3MM/yr is eating $3.3MM dollars worth of popcorn in the press box? If you have a large contract and you are healthy you are playing.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Stu plays for the same reason Pavelec plays for the same reason Thorburn plays. MONEY. MONEY. MONEY.

IMO the ownership of this team is tight with a buck. Not cheap, just frugal. If there is no way Chipman was going to let Chevy buy out the worst starting goaltender in the NHL, then how much is ownership going to flip if someone like Stu making $3.3MM/yr is eating $3.3MM dollars worth of popcorn in the press box? If you have a large contract and you are healthy you are playing.

I think s Pav buyout is a real possibility this offseason. It makes financial sense. It's a bit of a currency bet and there seems to be a replacement already in the organization

Business case is stronger than it's ever been.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg

Hopefully they send him down next yr and he gets claimed off waivers if not he can be good in the locker room for the moose.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

What's interesting about this is that I've see Maurice work on exactly this at practice. Rush offense after a turnover. The center driving the middle and the far winger driving hard to the net and the saucer pass to the crease. We've seen a lot of these plays in the last 15-20 games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Heh my doghouse, not Mos. That was some terrible zone entry numbers.

Ehlers can't return to the first line quick enough. Scheifele and Wheeler have been able to keep Stafford afloat lately but I don't want my first line to tread water.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Maurice has been talking about this (more clean zone exits and entries by not "dumping" the puck out/in). But he needs players with the talent to do that.

Stafford always seemed mediocre at it overall, and particularly bad on LW (zone exits and entries). He needs to only play on RW.

Dano, Burmi and Perreault are all smart and quick and can make smart plays with the puck.

Ehlers and Armia are remarkably good at zone exits - don't know how their stats look at zone entry, but I would think they are better than many of our forwards.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I think s Pav buyout is a real possibility this offseason. It makes financial sense. It's a bit of a currency bet and there seems to be a replacement already in the organization

Business case is stronger than it's ever been.

I'm against it. It's money for nothing. Make him sit on the bench for 81 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad