Post-Game Talk: Good Burmi Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Maurice has been talking about this (more clean zone exits and entries by not "dumping" the puck out/in). But he needs players with the talent to do that.

Stafford always seemed mediocre at it overall, and particularly bad on LW (zone exits and entries). He needs to only play on RW.

Dano, Burmi and Perreault are all smart and quick and can make smart plays with the puck.

Ehlers and Armia are remarkably good at zone exits - don't know how their stats look at zone entry, but I would think they are better than many of our forwards.

I guarantee you that Ehlers is near the top of the team for zone entries.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I guarantee you that Ehlers is near the top of the team for zone entries.

I expect that's true based on the "eye test".

As expected, assists for Kosmachuk and Lowry were added to the Myers goal (Boxcars).

Nice. I actually like Lowry's game over the past 10-15. He's playing more quickly and making better decisions with the puck. He needs a bit more finish to his game, but he's doing a lot of good things on the ice lately. Too bad he's tethered to Thorbs these days, who is sort of like the Stuart of the forward group. Not quick enough and not smart enough with the puck, so he is an anchor in terms of productivity and shooting stats.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Who flipped the switch?

View attachment 88565

I honestly think it was me. Maybe the biggest Burmi fan on this board calling him out about his future with the Jets.

:naughty:

We haven't spoken about Burmistrov in quite some time.

So hear me out here:

I love Alexander Burmistrov. I'm a big fan of his as he was the first first round pick the Thrashers had after I started being a true following fan of the franchise. He looked so promising in his first season and surely was underused in his last year before he left to the K.

I had high hopes for him. Him being older, more mature and working under a coach who knows how to handle a player like Burmistrov after his time in the K. I was pretty silent about Burmi all season because I knew I would always have a biased opinion about Burmi. In my opinion, he officially failed and I'm willing to admit that this team has not much to no use for him on the long run. And seriously, saying this does actually hurt. You want to see your special guys succeed and be a vital part of your team. But it's just not happening. I don't know what happend to him or changed.

I don't want him on the roster for next season. I would really like to see him dealt to Detroit in the summer. I think working with his idole Pavel Datsyuk could be the only thing saving his NHL career.

From 02-19-2016 when I revived the Burmistrov thread.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
"Paul Maurice walked up to the press podium, like a centipede with 98 missing legs. He had a hungry look on his face, like the kind you get from not eating for a while.

He was quick to praise Schiefele, saying the Jets forward glided across the ice just like a bowling ball wouldn't. He also spoke well of Lowry, saying the forward was playing "as big as a 6'5" tree" out there."

:handclap::laugh: This is great, like the Great Wall of China but instead of a Chinese wall it's an HFBoards post.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I have been trying to avoid the piling on penalty and Staff has those great hands around the net but man he is painful to watch without the puck. He has zero ability to close the gap and force turnovers. I like his point production but I find when I am watching him now all I am seeing is his faults. Playing him at Left wing is a terrible idea IMO.

You always hear this stereotype about Russians being enigmatic. Stafford is more enigmatic than most Russian players I've ever watched.

Just an unpredictable **** mix of decent high end skills and strength but bizzaro decisions on nearly every shift. Plus his intensity and focus seems like it's all over the place.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Kroppy

The 97-year-old Second World War veteran who punctuates the national anthem with a salute is on the mend.

Arguably the biggest fan of the Winnipeg Jets, Len Kropioski is almost always shown on the scoreboard standing at attention and saluting his country at the end of O Canada.

Family spokeswoman Kim Innard confirmed "Kroppy" has been in a Kenora hospital since early February with a couple of health-related issues but he’s on pace for a virtual full recovery. He hopes to make it back to the MTS Centre for the Jets game against the Ottawa Senators March 30.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-hopes-to-be-at-jets-game-soon-372155061.html

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I understand not putting a 3 million dollar investment in the ahl but I don't understand it justifying his pk time other than you don't want your more expensive d getting hit with slapshots

I hope he gets back soon our defence is looking decent even with an Ahl scrub like Melchiori in the line up.we need a top 3 pick badly.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kroppy

The 97-year-old Second World War veteran who punctuates the national anthem with a salute is on the mend.

Arguably the biggest fan of the Winnipeg Jets, Len Kropioski is almost always shown on the scoreboard standing at attention and saluting his country at the end of O Canada.

Family spokeswoman Kim Innard confirmed "Kroppy" has been in a Kenora hospital since early February with a couple of health-related issues but he’s on pace for a virtual full recovery. He hopes to make it back to the MTS Centre for the Jets game against the Ottawa Senators March 30.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-hopes-to-be-at-jets-game-soon-372155061.html

So this guy became a season ticket holder when he was 92. That is really incredible.

Just as I am typing this my doorbell rings and a guy in his mid 70's is going door to door to raise money for Siloam Mission. Same guy has been doing this for years and tonight for the first time I ask him how often he is out and he says"pretty much every night". I tell him that is really impressive and he said understated and gracefully "one must remain vigilant".

Love to see passion and purpose in older people it's pretty humbling.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK

Is it possible that it was easier cause we were matched up with an ahl line? I didn't follow the matchups aside from scheif vs sedins, but what I gathered from the canucks fans was that they were down half a team as well?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Is it possible that it was easier cause we were matched up with an ahl line? I didn't follow the matchups aside from scheif vs sedins, but what I gathered from the canucks fans was that they were down half a team as well?

Well, I don't know much about Dano, but Perreault has always been a decent ZE player, and ZEs were a major reason why Burmi was effective 2011-13. Stafford was really bad there last year when I tracked the Jets last 15 games in reg season.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So this guy became a season ticket holder when he was 92. That is really incredible.

Just as I am typing this my doorbell rings and a guy in his mid 70's is going door to door to raise money for Siloam Mission. Same guy has been doing this for years and tonight for the first time I ask him how often he is out and he says"pretty much every night". I tell him that is really impressive and he said understated and gracefully "one must remain vigilant".

Love to see passion and purpose in older people it's pretty humbling.

And what's even more surprising is that Siloam Mission has no volunteers going door to door for donations.....;)

I kid, I kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad