Post-Game Talk: Good Burmi Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Language and experiences? Burmi is Russian. Dano is Slovak.

Burmi just keeps getting better lately and Dano is looking more and more comfortable.

But .... but, I thought Burmi didn't have a shot. :laugh:

And of you know anything of recent history youll understand that those cultures are not on the friendliest of terms (and different language obviously).

Fell asleep before game but glad to see Dano starting to show his skill. Hes gonna be a good one. Also postma needs to be traded, idk if he slept with Maueices wife or what but Maurice has a SERIOUS grudge against the guy. Ridiculous.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
fun game. Lots of scoring and lots of really quick little passing plays. Now lose a couple entertaining close ones...

:)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I am seriously digging this sudden slant to colourful language and metaphor. Like a hungry cat with a nest full of baby birds.

"Paul Maurice walked up to the press podium, like a centipede with 98 missing legs. He had a hungry look on his face, like the kind you get from not eating for a while.

He was quick to praise Schiefele, saying the Jets forward glided across the ice just like a bowling ball wouldn't. He also spoke well of Lowry, saying the forward was playing "as big as a 6'5" tree" out there."

.. this is what you get when Mike Lange retires from PBP and joins the press corps AWWW SCRATCH MY BACK WITH A HACKSAWWWWW

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
"Paul Maurice walked up to the press podium, like a centipede with 98 missing legs. He had a hungry look on his face, like the kind you get from not eating for a while.

He was quick to praise Schiefele, saying the Jets forward glided across the ice just like a bowling ball wouldn't. He also spoke well of Lowry, saying the forward was playing "as big as a 6'5" tree" out there."

.. this is what you get when Mike Lange retires from PBP and joins the press corps AWWW SCRATCH MY BACK WITH A HACKSAWWWWW

Reading this post fills me with joy, almost like reading a post that fills me with joy! Apologies for the ripe hyperbole. Like a ripe melon but instead of a melon it's a hyperbole.

Way OT - you should check out Brooklyn Nine-Nine if you're a netflix guy, Lackey. I think you'd dig the humor.

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
And of you know anything of recent history youll understand that those cultures are not on the friendliest of terms (and different language obviously).

Fell asleep before game but glad to see Dano starting to show his skill. Hes gonna be a good one. Also postma needs to be traded, idk if he slept with Maueices wife or what but Maurice has a SERIOUS grudge against the guy. Ridiculous.

Every country is on bad terms with Russia it seems but not the time or place.

Agreed. And I seriously should have casually said to him when I met him last week that Maurice needs to play him more.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

i think that it's pretty obvious that something's been holding Postma back. on-ice performance trends positive, so there has to be locker room or attitude issues. has to be. i've said before that any shots of him on the bench, shaking hands, etc, he looks like a shrinking violet. never smiles, really doesn't seem to fit in with the "boy's club". and not trying to read tea leaves. it looks pretty obvious to me that dude is sulking (and for good reason).

just trade the guy to let him have a career. he has zero place in the line-up next season

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
i think that it's pretty obvious that something's been holding Postma back. on-ice performance trends positive, so there has to be locker room or attitude issues. has to be. i've said before that any shots of him on the bench, shaking hands, etc, he looks like a shrinking violet. never smiles, really doesn't seem to fit in with the "boy's club". and not trying to read tea leaves. it looks pretty obvious to me that dude is sulking (and for good reason).

just trade the guy to let him have a career. he has zero place in the line-up next season

I have to say it concerns me if our organization can't separate on ice performance and prioritize it over politics. I have no idea what the issues are but if the coach has a grudge or they just don't mesh then move Postma and get back something even minor. Playing him 3 games in a calendar year when we have clowns like Stu on tenure is a joke.

I am not saying Paul is the second coming but he should have been in the rotation at a minimum. Perhaps Maurice is just too hung up on handedness?

Freakin glue factory popularity contest. :rant:

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
nice to see Dano with 3 points. was he just collecting points or had a good game too?

His first goal was a nice finish off of a nice pass. Then his assist was a second, and his 2nd goal was one that hit him on its way to the net while he was faced away from it so I mean, it wasn't like he was dominating the game or anything

Derfel*

Meaningless points would be pointless.

Being pointless wasn't the case last night.

Therefore - points must always have meaning.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Has Burmi finally figured this game out? Really impressive for a while now! The points are a bonus but his d-game is on par and he is making quick little effective plays all over the ice.I am glad we have him for sure for another year we need him in our top 9 for at least one more year.

Yeah he seems to be finding his stride, finally. He's shooting and passing now instead of just doing pointless dangles. Its like he couldn't figure out how to use the joysticks

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Another fun game to watch! Very happy to see Dano get a few points. Haven't seen the Jets dominate a game like that for a while.
I'll never cheer for losses, let's make it 3 in a row!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I have to say it concerns me if our organization can't separate on ice performance and prioritize it over politics. I have no idea what the issues are but if the coach has a grudge or they just don't mesh then move Postma and get back something even minor. Playing him 3 games in a calendar year when we have clowns like Stu on tenure is a joke.

I am not saying Paul is the second coming but he should have been in the rotation at a minimum. Perhaps Maurice is just too hung up on handedness?

Its not handedness since he played the awful tear inducing chiarot-stuart pairing for a long time.

Maurice just has a grudge against postma and has pretty much effectively ended any chance postma had at a real nhl career. For people that say politics dont matter at nhl level this is a prime example how they REALLY do.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Even more so when we see how much better the PK is with Stuart off of it

Postma is better than Stu now, before and forever

Pardy was right, having Stu playing ahead of him and Postma was ridiculous, actually having Stu playing ahead of Jay Harrison was ridiculous.

Don't know what part of Stu is really bad at hockey that Maurice doesn't get?:shakehead

Derfel*

I'd love to see a clip of this

It was a split-second, not much of a clip. Here's a still:

VDQbMak.jpg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Don't know what part of Stu is really bad at hockey that Maurice doesn't get?:shakehead

Maurice had 3.3 million reasons to play Stuart every night. It's the politics of the dollar. Is it right? Probably not, but it is reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad