Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Tonight the eye test matches the fancy stats

Last edited:

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Has Burmi finally figured this game out? Really impressive for a while now! The points are a bonus but his d-game is on par and he is making quick little effective plays all over the ice.I am glad we have him for sure for another year we need him in our top 9 for at least one more year.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Great game everyone played good except Thorburn.
I liked the play of the D-men ... Trouba has upped his game ... they better keep him. Postma also was good ... it's too bad he didn't score. If he plays like that I can't see why he can't be the 6th D-man.

Last edited:

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Thoughts on Burmi:

Coming back to the Jets wasn't easy.
Playing on the fourth line mostly.
Dano may be a good match with Burmi language and experiences!
Maybe Dano was also added as a possible bonus for Burmi.

Your thoughts?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-post-game-vs-Van-300x157.png

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: Performance of Michael Hutchinson. Did he like the pace of his team? Unlocking the scoring potential of Marko Dano. Seen a boost since he’s moved him to the top 6? What does he like from Tyler Myers game? Players stepping up at this point in the season. Scheifele having the hot hand. Status of Dustin Byfuglien? What did he like from Julian Melchiori?

To listen click here.

Last edited:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Thoughts on Burmi:

Maybe Dano was also added as a bonus for Burmi.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that it just seems like since Ladd and Little out of the lineup Burmi has been playing with more confidence and attacking the net more. Don't know why that would give him more confidence, but just seemed like that was when his game changed.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Thoughts on Burmi:

Your thoughts?

I think we should give some big time credit to Perreault. He seemed to get Ehlers going and now working magic with Burmi

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My thoughts are that it just seems like since Ladd and Little out of the lineup Burmi has been playing with more confidence and attacking the net more. Don't know why that would give him more confidence, but just seemed like that was when his game changed.

He's getting more opportunities now methinks.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Why you give Peluso a two year and Thorburn a three year is beyond me. That's just terrible management, nevermind why ou give Thorburn over $1M even. Rather embarrassing.

I 100% agree with you that it's just bad decision making to give those type of contracts.

That said, if you are going to make mistakes on contracts, that's the better place to make them.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Damn. If only this team would abandon this winning culture and embrace a more care-free, losing culture to properly tank.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
great game he will get another assist added by nhl im sure as they didnt give anyone an assist on myers goal.

he was hitting making nice plays and mucking it up in front of the net. kinda like a mini ladd

He wasn't on the Ice for that goal. Upon watching the replay it's Kosmo that should have an assist added.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Not so sure they will. Scheifele was robbed of an assist on the road earlier in the year on a similar play.

Every goal is reviewed by the league and they retroactively add and remove points all the time. Very likely that if Scheif should have gotten an assist, he did, and I'd bet good money that assists are added to Myers' goal.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Thoughts on Burmi:

Your thoughts?

Language and experiences? Burmi is Russian. Dano is Slovak.

Burmi just keeps getting better lately and Dano is looking more and more comfortable.

But .... but, I thought Burmi didn't have a shot. :laugh:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Are you kidding me. Postma was completely dominant tonight and couldn't get more icetime than the tire-fire that is Melchiori. :shakehead

Has more to do with Trouba and Myers on the right side ahead of him getting the minutes. He's kinda stuck where Trouba's been behind Buff and Myers. This is pretty much exactly why I don't see Myers being a Jet for much longer. He's got trade value and Trouba has shown he can handle the step up in competition and ice time. We just have to get him a long term partner that doesn't need sheltering. Maybe Myers goes for a LHD? Maybe he goes for a forward? Morrissey/Buff, Enstrom/Trouba, Chiarot/Postma as our defense pairings doesn't sound all that bad. A nice mixture of veterans and youth in those pairings. Stu as a 7th D.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Has more to do with Trouba and Myers on the right side ahead of him getting the minutes. He's kinda stuck where Trouba's been behind Buff and Myers. This is pretty much exactly why I don't see Myers being a Jet for much longer. He's got trade value and Trouba has shown he can handle the step up in competition and ice time. We just have to get him a long term partner that doesn't need sheltering. Maybe Myers goes for a LHD? Maybe he goes for a forward? Morrissey/Buff, Enstrom/Trouba, Chiarot/Postma as our defense pairings doesn't sound all that bad. A nice mixture of veterans and youth in those pairings. Stu as a 7th D.

Fair enough, though if it we up to me I'd have kept Trouba on the left.
I think a Trouba-Postma pair would be really good

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Fair enough, though if it we up to me I'd have kept Trouba on the left.
I think a Trouba-Postma pair would be really good

It might work out, but I think Mo wanted to see him in his natural position playing the top minutes against the best players Vancouver had tonight. If you play him with someone who already has that experience rather than to throw him in there with a guy who maybe gets 12-15 minutes at best on the bottom D pairing you probably get a better assessment of his readiness. Hence, why they might be using this time to see if they can make Myers an expendable asset in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad