Post-Game Talk: Good Burmi Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I thought Postma had an excellent game.

In the audio with coach is it just me or did he seem like way less animated when commenting on Dano than other players? I am glad Marco Dano is getting a shot with Matty P and making the best of it.

I though Vancouver really had a terrible night.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Why is this team trying to win if they can get a good draft pick and they have zero shot at the playoffs.

Players and coaches always try to win. It's almost 100% the GM's job to engineer the tank and Chevy has done his part.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wow the TRUE NORTH chant was really Loud, so loud in fact that Burni reacted to it on the Bench.

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I would definitely not be upset if Perreault-Burmistrov-Dano was our third line next year

Agree. And then lowry kosmo and Copp on the 4th thorbs in the presser. Then the topp 6 would be hard to figure out. Ehllers scheifele wheeler and armia little stafford/connor :naughty:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm so happy Burmi is coming around - Dano too it's nice to get something from Ladd. Has Wheeler been dealing with something? (grief from loss of Ladd? :sarcasm:)
I really hope Buff doesn't miss any more games and Ehlers is back ASAP. Also Armia was looking good so his return should be good as well.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Maybe I should fall asleep ~8:30 more often... Looks like the boys had a great game as far as getting some new chemistry going.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I think we should give some big time credit to Perreault. He seemed to get Ehlers going and now working magic with Burmi

Absolutely this.

I've been banging this drum for a long time, as part of my tireless crusade to convince everyone how great Perreault is, and how important he is to this team. Lots of folks don't need any convincing. But I still see far too many future Jets line-up proposals with Perreault gone/traded.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
These NHL schedule makers are just out of control.
Back to back--okay, but two games in one day?!

That's what happened to the Canucks, right?

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to the Canucks.

Usually Thorburn's one of the most interested looking guys on the ice. I know he just doesn't have the skill, but his give a **** meter is usually peaking. Not tonight, though. I'm guessing he just caught the flu going around.
One of the worst players on the ice and that's saying something considering how the Canucks played.

I'm also guessing Wheeler's got it, too.

Burmi's moving the puck way quicker than he was before. He and his line are far more dangerous now because of that. I haven't looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if his CA/60 isn't much different than before, it's just that his CF/60 that's improved.

That was a badass barehanded save from Markström.

Good games from Lowry, Lipon, Kosmachuk, and Postma.

Melchiori was bad, though.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Burmi is playing better and better. Definitely starting to see him a part of the long term future. Nice to see Dano getting traction and a very good game by MP. And great to see Scheif keep the points train rolling.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Burmi is playing better and better. Definitely starting to see him a part of the long term future. Nice to see Dano getting traction and a very good game by MP. And great to see Scheif keep the points train rolling.

Agreed. While I hope for a good draft position, I still enjoy winning games which display the promise of our existing roster and young guys battling their way onto the club.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
These NHL schedule makers are just out of control.
Back to back--okay, but two games in one day?!

That's what happened to the Canucks, right?

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to the Canucks.

Usually Thorburn's one of the most interested looking guys on the ice. I know he just doesn't have the skill, but his give a **** meter is usually peaking. Not tonight, though. I'm guessing he just caught the flu going around.
One of the worst players on the ice and that's saying something considering how the Canucks played.

I'm also guessing Wheeler's got it, too.

Burmi's moving the puck way quicker than he was before. He and his line are far more dangerous now because of that. I haven't looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if his CA/60 isn't much different than before, it's just that his CF/60 that's improved.

That was a badass barehanded save from Markström.

Good games from Lowry, Lipon, Kosmachuk, and Postma.

Melchiori was bad, though.

Or maybe Thor is just seeing the future. There is no place on this team for him anymore. There are multiple better options among the prospects for bottom of the roster depth. Sure he will get his $1.2 M next season but time has passed him by and by the time they get to camp next fall it will be even more noticeable. He'll be like Slater was last season. An old dog waiting for the last walk out to the shed.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. While I hope for a good draft position, I still enjoy winning games which display the promise of our existing roster and young guys battling their way onto the club.

As much as I hope we don't lose out on a top 5 pick in the draft it is starting to become evident that their is plenty of nice young talent already coming up to start building around.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yea intellectually I know losses are best but emotionally I can't help cheering for the team and enjoying wins. In saying that I don't want us to get on a winning roll or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad