Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
never read the whole thread.

would this not be a better thread for the leafs board?

after all, in recent history, they get the earliest tee off times

None of us are Winnipeg Jets...

If I see any of the Jets out at the Range at Southwood...

I'll ask them if they have demanded to be traded to the Leafs...

:laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Someday I'll be a member at a club. Southwood or Niakwa are my top two atm, but I'm probably five years out. Time enough not yet.

Make sure you maybe get an Associate/Range membership at Southwood a couple years out from joining to play in frequency....

Memberships at all levels have taken off.... this Covid thing has made golf very popular again...

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Make sure you maybe get an Associate/Range membership at Southwood a couple years out from joining to play in frequency....

Memberships at all levels have taken off.... this Covid thing has made golf very popular again...

How much is it for an associate/ Range membership? Didn’t know that was available.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
How much is it for an associate/ Range membership? Didn’t know that was available.

$945. Must spend at least $350 clubhouse services at your leisure... can do 7 rounds per year @ $70 per round...

I use the clubhouse to entertain clients and take My lady out for suppers...

I have a full membership with share out at Carman Golf Club for most of My playing rounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I assume you guys are hitting off mats this early in the season?

Nope... aerated brown grass with goose shit for good measure...

Was fun...

Lower body mechanics are not natural yet, but felt great to be out there in the sunshine this morning...

Had toque, sports long underwear and base-shell top, windbreaker, wind pants, and neck tube... slight wind gusts could be a bit chilly, but comfortable after warming up a bit...

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
First driving range session in forever. My lower back feels like it's about to jump out of my body.
Ya i hit alot of shots at my fitting and i'm a little sore, not bad though considering i hadn't swung a club since October.

Reactions: Romang67

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nope... aerated brown grass with goose shit for good measure...

Was fun...

Lower body mechanics are not natural yet, but felt great to be out there in the sunshine this morning...

Had toque, sports long underwear and base-shell top, windbreaker, wind pants, and neck tube... slight wind gusts could be a bit chilly, but comfortable after warming up a bit...
One thing about Southwood, if there is wind you will definitely feel it. I wish St.B had a driving range, we have a deal with St.Vital driving range that we can hit 1 bucket a day for free.Geese sure shit alot by the way . :laugh:

Reactions: buggs and John Agar

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Lower body a bit stiff from bashing balls yesterday but worth it. I wish I could remember the mindset of how I swing after a long layoff. Very little thoughts and just an easy rhythm, natural no thinking about transition and release.
But no, I gotta f*** around with it all the time!! :mad:
Someday I’ll change........probably not though.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Lower body a bit stiff from bashing balls yesterday but worth it. I wish I could remember the mindset of how I swing after a long layoff. Very little thoughts and just an easy rhythm, natural no thinking about transition and release.
As long as you don't have a temper like this guy you'll be fine. :biglaugh:

Reactions: GNP and Ducky10

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
As long as you don't have a temper like this guy you'll be fine. :biglaugh:

Oh I have no temper playing golf. I realized long ago that me getting mad at a game I pay to play and will never amount to more than “good men’s night player”, is idiotic.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I feel this in my soul.

Went to the golf dome as our range isn't open any time soon, just pure swing without thinking for the first half hour..by the end the swing thoughts were already creeping in lol I left before it could get bad.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I feel this in my soul.

Went to the golf dome as our range isn't open any time soon, just pure swing without thinking for the first half hour..by the end the swing thoughts were already creeping in lol I left before it could get bad.
Anyone that thinks golf is a easy sport needs a slap . :laugh:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
So ended up getting fitted for and going with Taylormade P770's. Beautiful club. My old shafts were regular and these are going to be extra-stiff lol, I guess my swing speed is up since then! I was consistently flying 7 iron 185-190, which is up about 15-20 yards off my current clubs.

Only bad part is they are backordered till almost June! :lol:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So does anyone think a course or 2 might open soon? If Cottonwood was still around they would be open for sure. :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
So does anyone think a course or 2 might open soon? If Cottonwood was still around they would be open for sure. :laugh:
I guess I'd be watching Kingswood most closely. Aren't they usually one of the first to open?

Weather has been good, not great so maybe not enough heat yet? Presume they want to have the grass actually growing so that it can repair itself. Also still lots of snow in shaded areas so ground would still be frozen.

My knee decided to get real bad, real quick so I'm a little concerned right now. No mechanism for injury other than age and it's been bad for about two weeks now. No way I could play 18 like this so a delay in opening is ok for me.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I guess I'd be watching Kingswood most closely. Aren't they usually one of the first to open?

Weather has been good, not great so maybe not enough heat yet? Presume they want to have the grass actually growing so that it can repair itself. Also still lots of snow in shaded areas so ground would still be frozen.

My knee decided to get real bad, real quick so I'm a little concerned right now. No mechanism for injury other than age and it's been bad for about two weeks now. No way I could play 18 like this so a delay in opening is ok for me.
That sucks, guaranteed we open this weekend now eh? :laugh: I'm thinking we open early because i'm waiting for my new sticks. :laugh:

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I still don’t think you can get a tee in the ground, unless you pack a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad