OT: Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
The last thing in life I need is a caddy. I know I'm not good. I know I'm probably making a poor club selection. I don't need somebody making disapproving looks at me on the golf course. If I want that, I'll take my wife. :eek:

I know I am necroing this post but a caddy is great on courses you visit.

If you have them in tow on the driving range they have a good idea of your club distances so you aren't spending 1/2 your time looking at markers to choose clubs.

I lived somewhere where they were mandatory for a decade and enjoyed golf way more with a caddy.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Nice, i'm booked with my pro to figure out what new clubs i'll be getting and professionally fit for the first time. That's all that was holding my game back. :laugh:
Haha I’m actually looking in to getting some new irons as well!

Anybody have any insight , I’ve played AP2s for the last 10 years or so and I still like them but I think this is my last chance to splurge on irons before I move in with my gf and have real life expenses that take priority lol.

I’m going to book a time with my pro as well to get fit for some but don’t really have any ideas yet. I usually like to hit everything before making a decision lol.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Anybody have any insight , I’ve played AP2s for the last 10 years or so and I still like them but I think this is my last chance to splurge on irons before I move in with my gf and have real life expenses that take priority lol.

I’m going to book a time with my pro as well to get fit for some but don’t really have any ideas yet. I usually like to hit everything before making a decision lol.
I'm looking at the Titleist black Ts 100 irons and the TSi2 or TSi3 driver and 3 wood. Also the Taylormade Sim set , expensive but it'll be the last set i buy for a long time. I really like the black look of the Titleist set and it will be really easy to see how bad i'm missing the middle of the face on all my shots . :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That was January. I think there were special rates for the complex we were staying at.
Good to know thanks. We're usually there over Christmas (only time wife can go during the winter) so everything is stupid expensive. Apparently they even run out of rental cars regularly on the Big Island at Christmas. We've always been early enough to have no problems, but arriving after the 20th is a gamble.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good to know thanks. We're usually there over Christmas (only time wife can go during the winter) so everything is stupid expensive. Apparently they even run out of rental cars regularly on the Big Island at Christmas. We've always been early enough to have no problems, but arriving after the 20th is a gamble.
I don't feel sorry for someone who's USUALLY in friggin Hawaii, you lucky bastard. :laugh:

Reactions: GNP

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Sorry, nothing to add. But saw the title and had to check if it was a tank thread in disguise. Carry on.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I can’t say enough good things about my Mizuno JPX 919 forged irons I got fitted with last summer. Just a tremendous iron, chose them over the Titleist 718 Ap2’s (which I was convinced I was choosing prior) and the Taylormade 790’s. Also tried out some Callaway’s and Srixon’s.

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Giddy up I am booked back in to Golftec for the the next 7 weeks!!

Got back into Golftec today...

Nice to review where we left off... unfortunately no real practice time allowed yet...

Have another lesson on the 28th... will be closer to the next review by the Government on what opens and what...

Golftec has a very healthy, isolated, easily sanitized environment... distance from other students & instructors is well boundaried... was before all this started ...

The dichotomy of different environments is downright stupid and maddeningly inconsistent...

Oh well I won't be remembered for destroying people's lives... I have a good life in spite of all of what's going on...

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Putting is my weakness. A really good putter told me that gravity will bring the ball towards the hole on downhill putts and away from the hole on uphill ones. Makes sense now after not playing for a while. I try to hard too “will” the ball into the hole and get frustrated when I miss.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Putting is my weakness. A really good putter told me that gravity will bring the ball towards the hole on downhill putts and away from the hole on uphill ones. Makes sense now after not playing for a while. I try to hard too “will” the ball into the hole and get frustrated when I miss.

At the risk of cursing myself for all eternity, putting is one of the few things in golf I do consistently well. Three putts are rare for me, regardless of where I am on the green.

The putter is also the only club I don't have routine thoughts of replacing (to be fair, I don't think that way about most of my irons as they're only two years old) even though it's only the second putter I've owned since 1997. Both are Ping Anser's. The newer model has considerably more weight in the head than my original, though I still have that one in the garage just in case. I'm certain technology has advanced dramatically since I got my putter but I live by 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. The only club that can apply to is my putter. Without it I'd rarely break 100.

Now wedges on the other hand...

Reactions: dlam

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
At the risk of cursing myself for all eternity, putting is one of the few things in golf I do consistently well. Three putts are rare for me, regardless of where I am on the green.

The putter is also the only club I don't have routine thoughts of replacing (to be fair, I don't think that way about most of my irons as they're only two years old) even though it's only the second putter I've owned since 1997. Both are Ping Anser's. The newer model has considerably more weight in the head than my original, though I still have that one in the garage just in case. I'm certain technology has advanced dramatically since I got my putter but I live by 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. The only club that can apply to is my putter. Without it I'd rarely break 100.

Now wedges on the other hand...

I wish I could be like you in the greens. I have several putters in storage Have a tough time staying with one the entire season 3putt at least twice or three times a round unless the greens are small I don’t like the look of the anser cause of the plumber s neck makes me align funny I know it’s all in my mind. Help!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I hope Tiger’s injuries are not career ending.
He appeared to be completely out of it Sunday when he was doing an interview with Jim Nance during the Genesis Tournament.
Wondering how it happened.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
He appeared completely out of it Sunday when he was doing an interview with Jim Nance during the Genesis Tournament.

For those that don't know, Tiger was involved in a very serious car accident today, and was in surgery all day for fractures to his legs. The SUV he was driving went off the road, and rolled over, and also the front end of the vehicle was totally destroyed, likely pushing the engine into his legs. I hope he doesn't have to have a leg amputated, or something drastic like that. This happened in California.

Probably he dozed off at the wheel from those powerful pain killers he takes, for his back and knee problems, which are opioids.. The weather was good, and the road was in good condition, so it's a bit of a mystery what happened ?? Some classes of pain killers can be very "addictive."

Tiger is a part of our culture really, and has brought us some great entertainment on the golf course. He is a legend in the world of Golf, and I'm hoping he's going to be OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyeseeing

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He appeared to be completely out of it Sunday when he was doing an interview with Jim Nance during the Genesis Tournament.
I thought the same thing about that interview, something was definitely off with Tiger . I just heard they think speed played a roll in the accident but the weird thing is there weren't any brake marks like maybe he fell asleep.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought the same thing about that interview, something was definitely off with Tiger . I just heard they think speed played a roll in the accident but the weird thing is there weren't any brake marks like maybe he fell asleep.

Because there were no braking skid marks on the road, it looks like he fell asleep at the wheel. He takes addictive strong opioids for his back pain, and they can knock you out. This could be what happened ??

He went over the center dividing boulevard, knocked down a big sign, crossed over the oncoming traffic lane ( other side) then hit a tree, and rolled over into the ditch. Considering all this, he was probably going pretty fast. If he didn't have his seat belt on, or air bags that protected him, he could have easily died in that crash, from what investigators report.

I'm glad he wasn't killed, and hope his legs are OK. Their broken, but they will heal.

Last edited:

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
If his painkillers impaired his driving, this would be the second time it happened. Last time he had the sense to pull off the highway and only ended up with a DUI charge.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
If his painkillers impaired his driving, this would be the second time it happened. Last time he had the sense to pull off the highway and only ended up with a DUI charge.
Apparently it is also a bad stretch of road with a fair number of accidents so it may careless or inattentive driving magnified to a bad crash.
I’ll be honest, I haven’t been his biggest fan since his 2009 meltdown because of all the pain he caused his family, but sure hope his injuries aren’t permanent and is a least have a normal life from here on out.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Apparently it is also a bad stretch of road with a fair number of accidents so it may careless or inattentive driving magnified to a bad crash.
I’ll be honest, I haven’t been his biggest fan since his 2009 meltdown because of all the pain he caused his family, but sure hope his injuries aren’t permanent and is a least have a normal life from here on out.

I am not his biggest fan but he really seems to have changed since those earlier days.
I am hoping that he comes out of this without permanent damage.
I’ve seen a lot of toxic commentary elsewhere and I feel for his children who are likely all too aware of the past.
Get better soon Tiger.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I have a real difficult time imagining he'll be a figure on the tour anymore. While it sounds like the injuries were to his legs, I have to think this accident couldn't have done anything good for his back...whatever progress he has made over the past few years in that regard is likely ruined too.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
From a friend who is a member of Rolling Hills Golf Club: “His left leg had a compound fracture and his right ankle was shattered.” Several doctors from their club were at the scene before the ambulance arrived. She wouldn’t have told me this unless she was very sure. Terrible.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
From a friend who is a member of Rolling Hills Golf Club: “His left leg had a compound fracture and his right ankle was shattered.” Several doctors from their club were at the scene before the ambulance arrived. She wouldn’t have told me this unless she was very sure. Terrible.
Yes it is terrible, wish him all the best in the long road to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->