OT: Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hope he's ok, I don't think playing golf again is all that important.

Having said that, Hogan was hurt far worse than Tiger, even if you factor in all of Woods surgeries, and he came back in an age with far less advances in rehabilitation.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So just got custom fit at my club, never had that done before and if the machine was right wow will it make a difference. By the time we finished i was hitting the ball way better and my misses were straight at least. :laugh: I raised my club head speed by 18 and overall yardage by 20. :eek: Getting the black T200 irons by Titleist and the T200 Driver and 3 wood. The set comes with a pitching wedge and gap wedge but i also got a Volkey 56 degree wedge as well. Can't wait to start hacking and slashing again. :nod:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
So just got custom fit at my club, never had that done before and if the machine was right wow will it make a difference. By the time we finished i was hitting the ball way better and my misses were straight at least. :laugh: I raised my club head speed by 18 and overall yardage by 20. :eek: Getting the black T200 irons by Titleist and the T200 Driver and 3 wood. The set comes with a pitching wedge and gap wedge but i also got a Volkey 56 degree wedge as well. Can't wait to start hacking and slashing again. :nod:
You're lucky!

I've been looking into getting fit for irons and both my club and Golftec don't have Titleist options. I've played the original AP2's for nearly 10 years so I'm scared to buy something without trying Titelist new options. sigh

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You're lucky!

I've been looking into getting fit for irons and both my club and Golftec don't have Titleist options. I've played the original AP2's for nearly 10 years so I'm scared to buy something without trying Titelist new options. sigh
I've been Taylormade the whole time golfing but when i saw the new Titleist clubs this year i wanted to give them a try . I have had the Taylormade M1's for 5 years and i liked them , i hit the new Taylormade Sim irons today and they were nice but something about the Titleist T200's just felt so nice. We paid off our mortgage early and can't travel so i decided new custom fit clubs was going to be my treat.:nod:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've been Taylormade the whole time golfing but when i saw the new Titleist clubs this year i wanted to give them a try . I have had the Taylormade M1's for 5 years and i liked them , i hit the new Taylormade Sim irons today and they were nice but something about the Titleist T200's just felt so nice. We paid off our mortgage early and can't travel so i decided new custom fit clubs was going to be my treat.:nod:

Titleist T200's are a nice choice. I hit them well in key clubs... 5 iron & 7 iron...

Though the one's that I think My Pro and I feel are best for Me are Mizuno's MP-20 line... either the straight forged with copper underlay or possibly the HMB - hot metal models...

My Pro thinks the straight forged will win out... keeping an open mind... feels I will still want to shape shots into the green... the HMB model dilutes that effect...

Personally I think the HMB's might be needed say in 5 years as I start to age out... I guess My Pro thinks I will take care of My self and keep the same club head speeds and balance/strength...

The straight forged/copper underlay one's allow Me to instantly add yardage... My old clubs I hit 145 to 150 in a 7 iron... huge spin rates that cut distance...

With the MP-20 forged I get about 1600 less RPM which allows Me to hit a 7 iron 165 to 170 with no loss of bite...

Will be doing a proper fitting at Golftec in Mid-May as I am working on grooving My hip clear and getting more left hand dominant in lessons... want that mostly worked on before I fit clubs...

Mizuno has a 6 to 8 week wait on custom made clubs... so won't get them until no sooner than Mid-July... :eek:

Going to pick up a new Mizuno bag... their Pro Style Cart bag... and a T-20 gap wedge...

Will see about one Hybrid... something to replace the 3-4 irons... My Pro things I should stick with the irons the way I am hitting them now with the improvements on lower body mechanics....

My TaylorMade Tour Burner with titanium shaft 3 Wood is staying... hit it very pure and with the new lower body mechanics will hit it even further and more consistently...

My new driver I am making Myself from a Maltby Titanium driver head with adjustable loft... and the same Titanium shaft as My 3 Wood, but 42.5" long...

My other driver which is longer than the one I am making is very long... a Cleveland Launcher model with a 110 Pro Graphite shaft... the ball really flies off this face... I'll use it for more open courses...

Looking for more penetrating flight and control with the new driver... the Titanium shafts feel real good to Me...

Southwood tomorrow to get started working on the new mechanics... supposed to get to plus 7 and low wind speeds... :partytime:

:golfnana:

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Sounds pretty. Want pics. Black wedges?

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Sweet! Great choices. You must be dying to get out there and whack them! Fitting makes a world of difference, it takes out so many variables you are forced to adjust to with stock clubs. Your swing will be way more reliable and consistent.
Happy hacking!

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Titleist T200's are a nice choice. I hit them well in key clubs... 5 iron & 7 iron...

Though the one's that I think My Pro and I feel are best for Me are Mizuno's MP-20 line... either the straight forged with copper underlay or possibly the HMB - hot metal models...

My Pro thinks the straight forged will win out... keeping an open mind... feels I will still want to shape shots into the green... the HMB model dilutes that effect...

Personally I think the HMB's might be needed say in 5 years as I start to age out... I guess My Pro thinks I will take care of My self and keep the same club head speeds and balance/strength...

The straight forged/copper underlay one's allow Me to instantly add yardage... My old clubs I hit 145 to 150 in a 7 iron... huge spin rates that cut distance...

With the MP-20 forged I get about 1600 less RPM which allows Me to hit a 7 iron 165 to 170 with no loss of bite...

Will be doing a proper fitting at Golftec in Mid-May as I am working on grooving My hip clear and getting more left hand dominant in lessons... want that mostly worked on before I fit clubs...

Mizuno has a 6 to 8 week wait on custom made clubs... so won't get them until no sooner than Mid-July... :eek:

Going to pick up a new Mizuno bag... their Pro Style Cart bag... and a T-20 gap wedge...

Will see about one Hybrid... something to replace the 3-4 irons... My Pro things I should stick with the irons the way I am hitting them now with the improvements on lower body mechanics....

My TaylorMade Tour Burner with titanium shaft 3 Wood is staying... hit it very pure and with the new lower body mechanics will hit it even further and more consistently...

My new driver I am making Myself from a Maltby Titanium driver head with adjustable loft... and the same Titanium shaft as My 3 Wood, but 42.5" long...

My other driver which is longer than the one I am making is very long... a Cleveland Launcher model with a 110 Pro Graphite shaft... the ball really flies off this face... I'll use it for more open courses...

Looking for more penetrating flight and control with the new driver... the Titanium shafts feel real good to Me...

Southwood tomorrow to get started working on the new mechanics... supposed to get to plus 7 and low wind speeds... :partytime:

:golfnana:
Blades eh? You must be a hell of a ball striker. I chose some Mizuno’s last season but even at a 5 handicap I couldn’t hit blades consistently enough. The forged JPX line is a great compromise with forgiveness and feel to shape shots.
You a member at Southwood?

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Blades eh? You must be a hell of a ball striker. I chose some Mizuno’s last season but even at a 5 handicap I couldn’t hit blades consistently enough. The forged JPX line is a great compromise with forgiveness and feel to shape shots.

Yes a member...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Someday I'll be a member at a club. Southwood or Niakwa are my top two atm, but I'm probably five years out. Time enough not yet.

So Buggs are you saying you don’t have enough time yet to be a member? Where do you usually golf?

I am I introducing my 12 year old son to the sport and honestly kind of taking it up again myself now after golfing less than 3 times a season for the past decade.

Trying to figure out a place to take a 12 year old beginner. I am going to start him with an assessment and lessons at Golftec but then what? He has hockey teammates that are all getting going at Niakwa in the junior program but he is a bit intimidated since most of them are in season 2 or 3 and he’s just starting.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Someday I'll be a member at a club. Southwood or Niakwa are my top two atm, but I'm probably five years out. Time enough not yet.
You must be rich if you are thinking Niakwa . :laugh: Buddy of mine has been trying to get me go there for 5 years, it's just too much money to me. They have a beauty clubhouse but i play there every year and the course itself just isn't that much better than St.B , to me anyway. Transfer fee and share is alot of money and the dues for the year are 1,500 dollars more than St.B . Southwood is alot more reasonable for cost too .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Cool, me too. Might be heading out tomorrow to the range.
You guys have probably played in front of the other in the past and said who's that dumbass up there that's so slow. :laugh: Just kidding, kind of cool you guys are both members, Winnipeg is a small city. :laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I love the optimism of you guys. Not far removed from February my outdoor rink hasn’t melted yet and the HF boys are cleaning the clubs looking for action. :laugh:
With no travel i was ready in December. :laugh:

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
never read the whole thread.

would this not be a better thread for the leafs board?

after all, in recent history, they get the earliest tee off times

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I can hit irons from wedge to 5 very crisp and accurately... my lower body mechanics held Me up... not enough appreciable distance from 5 to 4, 4 to 3....

Strangely I can hit My Ping 1 iron pretty consistently and long...

I was a hell of a ball striker 18 years ago... hovered between a 7 & 10 handicap out at Carman G.C. my home club... crappy putter....

Almost died from the onset of diabetes (un-diagnosed by an ex-doctor)... 16 years ago...

Got baseline health back, but focused on My business, not golf... My body is now back to where I was 18 years ago...

Hadn't touched a club in over 15 year until last spring... spent hours on the range out at Southwood last year to get My body moving somewhat and timing, striking somewhat back...

Golftec has helped already and this is the 2nd part of the journey back... wire in the new lower body mechanics... new clubs et al...

A healthy John... :)

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad