OT: Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hate power carts , it just doesn't feel like golf to me. Part of golf is enjoying the walk with buddies and bitching about everything. :laugh: When i was in Scotland alot of courses didn't even have any and they invented the game so i'll go with their thinking. :nod:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Tomorrow morning is game 100 this year, not bad considering we didn't start the golf season until May 5th . Working nights is finally good for something.:laugh:
I have had 55 games
A few good
Many bad
Golfed with a HF poster recently
A blind golf date , didn’t play well but had a great time

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Did my 3rd round yesterday lol

Debate that was brought up. Would you rather get a hole in 1 or a 2 on a par 5. I was the only one to say a 2

My thinking is -3 on a hole is better and it's a rarer feat

Reactions: Jets 31

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I hate power carts , it just doesn't feel like golf to me. Part of golf is enjoying the walk with buddies and bitching about everything. :laugh: When i was in Scotland alot of courses didn't even have any and they invented the game so i'll go with their thinking. :nod:

I'd prefer walking in most cases but my buddies and I are getting up there in age and many of us played a lot of sports in our background and are now facing a variety of surgeries or have already had them. Two of the guys I regularly golf with have hip problems. One has had a hip replaced already, another is on the slate for the same. I've had multiple knee surgeries.

The spirit may be willing but sometimes the body doesn't want to cooperate.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd prefer walking in most cases but my buddies and I are getting up there in age and many of us played a lot of sports in our background and are now facing a variety of surgeries or have already had them. Two of the guys I regularly golf with have hip problems. One has had a hip replaced already, another is on the slate for the same. I've had multiple knee surgeries.

The spirit may be willing but sometimes the body doesn't want to cooperate.
Of course there are exceptions , i'm talking about if you can walk. I see lots of young guys that take carts all the time, that's what i don't get . If the only way i could golf was by taking a cart then i would definitely be taking one.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Of course there are exceptions , i'm talking about if you can walk. I see lots of young guys that take carts all the time, that's what i don't get . If the only way i could golf was by taking a cart then i would definitely be taking one.
I have 2 fake hips , I walk 95 % of the time.
I don’t mind carts now and then but it’s easier to stay engaged while walking I find.
It’s good for the ticker.....I’m hoping :nod:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did my 3rd round yesterday lol

Debate that was brought up. Would you rather get a hole in 1 or a 2 on a par 5. I was the only one to say a 2

My thinking is -3 on a hole is better and it's a rarer feat
Since i've had a hole in one you must be right. :laugh: Getting a double eagle on a par 5 is alot tougher if you ask me.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I have 2 fake hips , I walk 95 % of the time.
I don’t mind carts now and then but it’s easier to stay engaged while walking I find.
It’s good for the ticker.....I’m hoping :nod:
Totally agree, when we played Pebble Beach they make you take a power cart and when we started down #1 i told my buddy i'm driving because i'm going as slow as possible. I just paid 500 bucks to golf and i'm not rushing, i'm going to take my frigging time damnit .:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Totally agree, when we played Pebble Beach they make you take a power cart and when we started down #1 i told my buddy i'm driving because i'm going as slow as possible. I just paid 500 bucks to golf and i'm not rushing, i'm going to take my frigging time damnit .:laugh:

PB is a Stunning coarse that lived up to the hype. Did you golf Kingsbarn in Scotland? It reminds me a bit of Pebble but closer to sea level.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
PB is a Stunning coarse that lived up to the hype. Did you golf Kingsbarn in Scotland? It reminds me a bit of Pebble but closer to sea level.
Yes we did and you are right, also played the Old Course twice. Man the history of that place is unbelievable and so are the bunkers . :eek::laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yes we did and you are right, also played the Old Course twice. Man the history of that place is unbelievable and so are the bunkers . :eek::laugh:

Loved the Old Coarse and happened to shoot the lights out that day too. I have usually played Kingsbarn well too.

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Loved the Old Coarse and happened to shoot the lights out that day too. I have usually played Kingsbarn well too.
Broke 90 at the Old Course by hitting the hotel and coming back into play on 18 , oops. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Broke 90 at the Old Course by hitting the hotel and coming back into play on 18 , oops. :laugh:

So Crazy I had the same issue. I had the round of a life time going and the 18th is such an open easy fairway and the nerves got the best of me. I went way right and hit something (car, hotel, person) on the right side too but the golf gods just redirected it back on the fairway and said "not today ps". :laugh:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
The must have changed the rules. I walked it 2 years ago.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Anyone watch the PGA tourney at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas today.... ?

What a gorgeous golf course... :eek:

Next time I am in Vegas I think I have a new thing to mark on My checklist to do...

$500 U.S. but, once in a blue moon, something intriguing to do...

And usually I stay at a MGM property... the other pre-condition...so no problem...

:golfnana:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Anyone watch the PGA tourney at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas today.... ?

What a gorgeous golf course... :eek:

Next time I am in Vegas I think I have a new thing to mark on My checklist to do...

$500 U.S. but, once in a blue moon, something intriguing to do...

And usually I stay at a MGM property... the other pre-condition...so no problem...

:golfnana:
500 bucks is alot , i paid less to play Pebble and the Old Course . It is very nice looking though and we almost played it last November but didn't do it, maybe one day though.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Another year of golf all done:( timing is everything because i hurt my shoulder at work and wouldn't be able to play for a long time. Great weather this season, not much rain but holey hell did we have alot of windy days:eek: . No winter trip this year to get a few games in so i hope our winter is short and we can golf in the beginning of April next year instead of the beginning of May like this year. :thumbu:

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad