OT: Golf 2.0

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like pretty standard early in the year conditions at St. B. Winter ended up being pretty long after all. Not horrible cold or tons of snow like previous year, but solid November into April with average snow. Lots of snow mold on the grass in my yard.
Don't think those pictures are from St.B . St.B's greens are pretty good for the start of the season .

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Don't think those pictures are from St.B . St.B's greens are pretty good for the start of the season .
buggs eye had it pegged, st b 2 from this morning sir, i know bowling's more up your alley dude :laugh:

add my quick look today that green looked good and well green noted more in the picture showing bunker/more green. The other one showed more the back because of pin placement maybe its not as green. It's early too so the sun isn't bringing out the green in the grass in the picture.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
buggs eye had it pegged, st b 2 from this morning sir, i know bowling's more up your alley dude :laugh:
Ya after looking at it more i did think maybe it was St.B , goes to show how well i know my golf course.:laugh: What time was that today? I would have been on the 2nd green around 10:20 am .Could have got a picture of the Dude golfing.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: ryerockarola

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Ya after looking at it more i did think maybe it was St.B , goes to show how well i know my golf course.:laugh: What time was that today? I would have been on the 2nd green around 10:20 am .Could have got a picture of the Dude golfing.:laugh:
ya haha i was gonna say i posted the same type of pics a couple years ago, you got the course wrong then said you recognized the bunkers view, someone else bugged you in fun that you didn't know your own course its all good :laugh: About 7'ish I believe I was gonna ask if you played today well pin was there take it easy fore

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Had my first semi kind of round of the year today at Glendale and it fell into a mercy rule, DQ event. I think I golfed/walked 14.5 holes but when we had to pick up the pace I just hit one or two shots per hole. Missed the fairway on 100% of my drives on par 4’s and 5’s Which is a record I believe. One of the guys I golfed with said “the fact you didn’t quit after 9 is pretty impressive“ :laugh:

Interesting start to the season but I had a great time. I walked which I enjoyed and didn’t drink today although it might have helped.

Reactions: Huffer and Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Had my first semi kind of round of the year today at Glendale and it fell into a mercy rule, DQ event. I think I golfed/walked 14.5 holes but when we had to pick up the pace I just hit one or two shots per hole. Missed the fairway on 100% of my drives on par 4’s and 5’s Which is a record I believe. One of the guys I golfed with said “the fact you didn’t quit after 9 is pretty impressive“ :laugh:

Interesting start to the season but I had a great time. I walked which I enjoyed and didn’t drink today although it might have helped.

Did you use Driver most of those 100% missed drives... ? Do you have a confidence club... ?
I have two... a Hybrid... and my 3 wood... rarely hit Driver, unless it's wide open...

I especially don't use my Driver at the beginning of the season... different setup from all the rest of the clubs...

Good on you to persevere...

Jason Day almost quit golf a couple years ago...

Sunday he won his first tournament in many years...

It's all relative...

:clap:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I was 83 on Sunday and 90 on Monday, golf is hard.:laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Did you use Driver most of those 100% missed drives... ? Do you have a confidence club... ?
I have two... a Hybrid... and my 3 wood... rarely hit Driver, unless it's wide open...

I especially don't use my Driver at the beginning of the season... different setup from all the rest of the clubs...

Good on you to persevere...

Jason Day almost quit golf a couple years ago...

Sunday he won his first tournament in many years...

It's all relative...

:clap:

For me it’s really a process. I do not have a confidence club, it use to be my 7 iron and I would legit just go to it even on par 5’s but the key is that was when I golfed. I basically stopped the sport for close to 25 years. Since I lived in Winnipeg (taking drunken Texas scrambles snd golf trips out of the equations), I golfed maybe once a year and often zero times. For 15 years I could fake it pretty well off the base I built up until I was 35.

I was hoping to joyfully retire from golf due to lack of interest but my son decided he liked it and I have this fun golf trip to Europe every second year that I don’t love embarrassing myself on. I joined Golftec during Covid and I now enjoy golf (for the first time in my life) with my son.

Back to my game. I am hit or miss and usually I just play through bad holes and it might come together. If it’s not working there is no safe haven so I just relax, focus on the exercise and comradeship, and buy a box of balls per round. Thus is the life of a rebuilt swing in progress. When I’m not struggling allegedly I look like a golfer and my Golftec swing is pretty good.

i need to play/practice more and it will come together. The good news is i don’t sweat it all that much. Yesterday was embarrassing but still enjoyable on balance.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The best thing about golf is when you are golfing with folks who are chill, you enjoy the round so much you seldom think of the bad shots and the social aspect takes over.
Even during a bad round score wise there’s always the shot that teases you and tells you to keep coming back.
Last weekend I played and shot a 95.
I put a 4 iron on the green from 210 and birdied , believe me that is RARE.
So next week I can shit the bed again and as long as I’m with people I enjoy it’s Saul Goodman!

Gordon112358

Nov 1, 2022
I golfed Maplewood Golf Club in St. Pierre last Saturday (May 6).
I had a really nice round which included 7 pars but 3 triples and a grand total of 88 on a par 70 layout. That was a really good score for me.
By the way the greens were in mid season shape. I was really impressed.
A nice little golf course with lots of undulations on both the fairways and the greens. If you can hit it straight and stay out of trouble you can really score on this course as it only plays about 5500 yards.
Good place to check out. Green fee was $45 but I had a 2 for 1 from the Wpg discount golf card so a pretty good deal for my son and I.
I am going to try Scottswood Links in Elm Creek tomorrow. The green fee is only $25 during the week and I have a 2 for 1 so it's like $12.50 for 18 holes. How can you go wrong?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
For me it’s really a process. I do not have a confidence club, it use to be my 7 iron and I would legit just go to it even on par 5’s but the key is that was when I golfed. I basically stopped the sport for close to 25 years. Since I lived in Winnipeg (taking drunken Texas scrambles snd golf trips out of the equations), I golfed maybe once a year and often zero times. For 15 years I could fake it pretty well off the base I built up until I was 35.

I was hoping to joyfully retire from golf due to lack of interest but my son decided he liked it and I have this fun golf trip to Europe every second year that I don’t love embarrassing myself on. I joined Golftec during Covid and I now enjoy golf (for the first time in my life) with my son.

Back to my game. I am hit or miss and usually I just play through bad holes and it might come together. If it’s not working there is no safe haven so I just relax, focus on the exercise and comradeship, and buy a box of balls per round. Thus is the life of a rebuilt swing in progress. When I’m not struggling allegedly I look like a golfer and my Golftec swing is pretty good.

i need to play/practice more and it will come together. The good news is i don’t sweat it all that much. Yesterday was embarrassing but still enjoyable on balance.
From someone that plays alot and mostly at the same course , what i find that happens is certain holes get into your head. Those holes change around throughout the season, confidence over the ball is huge . Good thing i don't have a great memory. :naughty::laugh:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Hey I played at Glendale last night too lol. What time did you play?

Course is looking pretty nice though!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

1:06 to about 4:45 ish

The boys I was golfing with golf there allot and said the course is in great shape compared to last season. I don’t really notice course conditions as much as most guys. I only notice when they are really bad.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I played Glendale about 20 years ago and really liked it . Funny story, we had a tournament at St.B so we got passes to play Glendale . 4 of us went and at the time we all were wearing golf sandals , stupid shoes to wear if you go in bunkers .:laugh: and we were just about to tee off and the pro shop announced on the PA , hey St.B guys you can't be barefoot, you have to wear socks. Who wears socks with golf sandals? It defeats the purpose of the sandals we said, they then say no socks and you can't play. So all 4 of us had to go into the proshop and buy socks and of course all they don't have small socks, so now we are wearing high socks and sandals. All game when i looked at the 3 other guys i killed myself laughing:laugh:but then i would l look at my own feet and laugh even harder .:laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I played Glendale about 20 years ago and really liked it . Funny story, we had a tournament at St.B so we got passes to play Glendale . 4 of us went and at the time we all were wearing golf sandals , stupid shoes to wear if you go in bunkers .:laugh: and we were just about to tee off and the pro shop announced on the PA , hey St.B guys you can't be barefoot, you have to wear socks. Who wears socks with golf sandals? It defeats the purpose of the sandals we said, they then say no socks and you can't play. So all 4 of us had to go into the proshop and buy socks and of course all they don't have small socks, so now we are wearing high socks and sandals. All game when i looked at the 3 other guys i killed myself laughing:laugh:but then i would l look at my own feet and laugh even harder .:laugh:

:laugh: That is where a sense of humour helps.

So that was before phone cameras I assume. Too bad you didn’t get a photo of that look. 20 years later and the story is just as funny now, why can’t I quit chuckling.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
The best thing about golf is when you are golfing with folks who are chill, you enjoy the round so much you seldom think of the bad shots and the social aspect takes over.
Even during a bad round score wise there’s always the shot that teases you and tells you to keep coming back.
Last weekend I played and shot a 95.
I put a 4 iron on the green from 210 and birdied , believe me that is RARE.
So next week I can shit the bed again and as long as I’m with people I enjoy it’s Saul Goodman!

Golfing with lawyers can't be fun ....... :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
:laugh: That is where a sense of humour helps.

So that was before phone cameras I assume. Too bad you didn’t get a photo of that look. 20 years later and the story is just as funny now, why can’t I quit chuckling.
Ya nobody had phones then or that would have been a great photo. :laugh: I have a sneaking suspicion the guys in the pro shop got a camera and took pictures though.:mad::laugh:

Reactions: ps241

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Golfed clear lake and overall is in amazing shape. So lush and green I don't know how they do it being a couple weeks behind everyone
I haven't played Clear Lake in years, i like that course. Do they still have they bell to ring to let people know that the green is clear and they can hit ?

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
8CAAEE1D-8294-4BAD-B486-36FC7F07541A.jpeg

20220501_084409.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad