OT: Golf 2.0

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like we are opening mid week this week. :eek: Playing golf here in Winnipeg during the Masters, frigging brilliant. Would have been nice to have my new clubs but they are delayed.:confused: Oh well i'm getting a demo set from the club because i sold my old set. :laugh: All i can say is FORE .

Reactions: bennylundholm

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Played 18 at Larters yesterday. Greens are already in nice shape and won’t be long before they’re pristine! Fair ways a little soft in some places. Treated myself to a brand new full set of clubs and had myself an absolutely atrocious game.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Played 18 at Larters yesterday. Greens are already in nice shape and won’t be long before they’re pristine! Fair ways a little soft in some places. Treated myself to a brand new full set of clubs and had myself an absolutely atrocious game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ya i guess alot of public courses are open now. :nod: That's the thing about golf tomorrow is a new day, at least that's what i tell myself when i'm playing like crap. :laugh:

Reactions: JetsNut

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Ya i guess alot of public courses are open now. :nod: That's the thing about golf tomorrow is a new day, at least that's what i tell myself when i'm playing like crap. :laugh:
Larters is a semi private. I’m wondering if any other semi private or private courses have opened...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Just got back from River Oaks
Rough condition
Shot 96 with a snowman on 18 :laugh:
Has the river even flooded yet? 12 and 13 I think are awful for lefties like me as everything drains to the water, so if I don't strike it well I'm screwed. I can see snowman on 13 but how many beers deep were you to do that on 18?

Reactions: John Agar

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Has the river even flooded yet? 12 and 13 I think are awful for lefties like me as everything drains to the water, so if I don't strike it well I'm screwed. I can see snowman on 13 but how many beers deep were you to do that on 18?
The river did not rise at all in fact it’s at late fall levels....
I was playing decent for me so on 18 I decided to hammer it ......well a wild pull hook as I barely made contact except for the heel of the driver.
I got into the bush and had some fun getting back in play.
Zero drinks yesterday

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
Playing Blumberg this morning (yuck) just waiting for Breezy to open in the 13th! It wintered well and it’s in awesome shape!
Also love River Oaks! The owner/managers there are absolutely fantastic. It’s got lots of variation and other than the 4th’s green always being awful (they’ve since made some changes) the course is always in such good shape!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Practiced some half swings and quarter swings to start the range session today. Then I moved on to full swings, and the moment I hit my longer irons it felt like I'd never held a golf club before. Good times.

Your last sentence describes most the last decade for me. Sorry I am talking about the part where “it felt like I’d never held a Golf club before”

Last edited:

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Looking forward to getting back to PineRidge. Haven’t seen anything on an anticipated opening day. Has anyone heard anything?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Going to play Larters at 3 , haven't played there in a very long time and i'm going to wear shorts. Shorts golf in Winnipeg at the beginning of April. :eek:

It has probably been 18 years since I played Lard Ass. Nice course I wonder if that (alleged) lottery winners half built home is complete yet?

good luck in the shorts with you stash of beer.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
It has probably been 18 years since I played Lard Ass. Nice course I wonder if that (alleged) lottery winners half built home is complete yet?

good luck in the shorts with you stash of beer.
Love Larters, rarely play there. Living in the SW part of the city was great for work for a time when I was going out to Carman all the time, but it now hurts for golfing. I golfed more at Mars and Grand Pines last year than anywhere else. :confused:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Love Larters, rarely play there. Living in the SW part of the city was great for work for a time when I was going out to Carman all the time, but it now hurts for golfing. I golfed more at Mars and Grand Pines last year than anywhere else. :confused:

I love Larters too and REALLY love Pine Ridge but I live in the South East. I was a member at Niakwa but I really didn’t get the use (understatement of the year). I really liked the practice facility and the new patio but I wasn’t in love with the course.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Was never a big fan of Larters tbh, a few too many goofy golf holes for my liking. Having said that, it also has some really great holes, just never loved the vibe there, can’t really explain it.

Last Superintendent report I got from Southwood indicated the course wasn’t likely to open any earlier than normal. Estimated mid to late April. Range and short game area been open for awhile though, so lots of time to overthink and screw up my swing before the season gets going o_O.

Reactions: Jets 31

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
Am I the only one that has one of my best rounds of the year in my first game without any range time?
I went in with not a single swing since September 3rd last year and shot a 84 at Blumberg today. Pretty happy with that! I went from golfing 50-70 times a year to the last 3 years going 1 time each year lol. Got a membership this year and lots of people to go with, so hoping to get back into it.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad