OT: Golf 2.0

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Heard Shooters is opening up this weekend. Still cool overnight but later week temperatures approaching mid-teens. Doesn't mean it won't snow the week after, but we can dream. :laugh:

Don't see myself out for at least a couple of weeks and then I've got work travel to Vancouver at end of the month so may not get out until May.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Heard Shooters is opening up this weekend. Still cool overnight but later week temperatures approaching mid-teens. Doesn't mean it won't snow the week after, but we can dream. :laugh:

Don't see myself out for at least a couple of weeks and then I've got work travel to Vancouver at end of the month so may not get out until May.
Shooters is open now.

Reactions: buggs

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really hope because our weather will be so nice the rest of the week that some course is open next week just because i want to say i golfed during a solar eclipse.:laugh:What do you mean you can't see? Hit your shot damnit .:laugh:

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
+24 in Osoyoos today. My wife and I played the Canyon Desert course in Oliver this afternoon. Magnificent course although for prairie golfers there are very few flat lies and don't get me started about reading mountainside greens.😊

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Quiet down over there! We're trying to get excited about hitting the range okay lol
We're on our way home on April 15, in time for the playoffs (Go Jets Go! 🤞) and hopefully the local courses open. In the meantime, because of the TSN blackout here, I'm using Sportsnet+ to stream Jets' games (not great feed but Sawyer's constant babbling still comes through...)

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
+24 in Osoyoos today. My wife and I played the Canyon Desert course in Oliver this afternoon. Magnificent course although for prairie golfers there are very few flat lies and don't get me started about reading mountainside greens.😊
Nk'Mip Canyon! Played it 2 x last summer...check out Fairview Mountain if you have time. Beautiful scenery and tough course

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Nk'Mip Canyon! Played it 2 x last summer...check out Fairview Mountain if you have time. Beautiful scenery and tough course
It's next up for us. You're the second person to mention "tough course". We're fairly high handicappers so it'll be for the scenery and experience.

I'd like to do Canyon Desert again because there are several holes that I'd definitely play differently the second time.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's next up for us. You're the second person to mention "tough course". We're fairly high handicappers so it'll be for the scenery and experience.

I'd like to do Canyon Desert again because there are several holes that I'd definitely play differently the second time.
I say that all the time at my course too and that's playing it 150 times a year, eventually maybe it will actually happen.:laugh:

Reactions: Slimy Sculpin

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Thought the season was gonna start last week. Windy and sleet this week.

Aw ……:sarcasm:

1712184011090.gif

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,

Extremely tough greens….my brother is a member there. I always shake my head when he tells me where to hit the putt, and he is rarely wrong. Not that I’m sinking them all the time!

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Kildonan Park Golf course opens Friday. I will be playing Monday after watching Theegala win the Masters this weekend.

• Haha

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Decent day for Corey Connor at -2, tied for 9th. Mike Wier sitting within the cut at +2, even with an eagle .

Most surprised to see Tiger looking ok. I wasn't even sure he'd finish the round..... although I guess he hasn't yet.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I have never seen the sand blowing out of bunkers because of wind before at the Masters, wow . I kinda like seeing these guys struggle a little but man that must have been tough yesterday.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok its Saturday

My daughter in in a Volleyball tournament all day so I am PVR’ing the Jets game and I think I will PVR the masters. I haven’t started watching yet, I usually start watching golf on Sunday’s but maybe I will try to tune in early.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I have never seen the sand blowing out of bunkers because of wind before at the Masters, wow . I kinda like seeing these guys struggle a little but man that must have been tough yesterday.
No, I've never seen that either. Ironic that I only heard the liv guys crying about it 😉

• Haha

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Ok its Saturday

My daughter in in a Volleyball tournament all day so I am PVR’ing the Jets game and I think I will PVR the masters. I haven’t started watching yet, I usually start watching golf on Sunday’s but maybe I will try to tune in early.
Provincials? Good luck to her.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille