OT: Golf 2.0

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Exactly what I did Tuesday at Breezy. Playing with a bunch of drunk buddies and the beers started to kick in on about hole 11, where I took an 8.
Front nine was fine though, lol.
I wish i could blame it on booze, wasn't drinking. But i just got my second shot on Monday night so that's getting the blame. :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How was the course overall? Better than your average MB track I presume?

I'm out here too. Flying home at 1pm.

Pimawa tomorrow.
Pinawa is a nice course, haven't played in a long time though. Couple of buddies were just out there though and they said it was in good shape but the greens were pretty slow.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Reality
Back from a round with Buggs just now 107 lol
Sigh…….
It is what it is

I followed up a personal best 78 with a 106 last weekend.:dunno:

Golf is the ultimate temptress. She knows how to sprinkle just enough dopamine to keep you hooked but she loves to curb stomp you just for shits and giggles too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In my 12 year old sons Inaugural season he has been to the range maybe 7 times and golfed Crescent drive par 3 course 2 times. I was so surprised to learn on Thursday when I flew back from Vancouver he was out golfing St B with a friend and his buddy who is a junior member. I braced for the worst but in the debrief car ride he said it was a blast. He said it took longer and his legs were tired from the walking but he said he kept up and loved it.

They played best ball on the first couple of holes to make sure they kept pace of play but by the 3rd hole they all played their own ball because the group in front them were slower.

He said the thing he liked so much was not only the golf but he loved the banter. He said they had lots of great chatter and funny moments. He also said there were two guys in their mid 30’s golfing behind them and they were great. He said the men were encouraging them, telling them they were doing well, and started having fun asking if they were chasing girls yet. Max said the guys were really funny but they were both smoking and he said the smell was gross. :laugh:

My son was pumped because he said he wasn’t the worst. I asked him on a scale of 1-10 how is he liking golf so far and he said 10.

Last edited:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Pinawa is a nice course, haven't played in a long time though. Couple of buddies were just out there though and they said it was in good shape but the greens were pretty slow.

It was beautiful at Pinawa yesterday...aided by an 83...but it was as dry as I've seen it. Especially around the bedrock. Greens kept a little long to help against the heat stress.

Hear they might be on the verge of hiring a new Supe that would be reaaly good for them. Haven't had a good one for some time.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It’s really dry out there.
Just got off at Mars the native grass areas are crunchy.
Back to my normal shot a 96 and am out again tomorrow but at 7am to beat the heat.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It’s really dry out there.
Just got off at Mars the native grass areas are crunchy.
Back to my normal shot a 96 and am out again tomorrow but at 7am to beat the heat.
85 again today, course is getting dry and they are pumping water on it all night and day. Tee off at 6:45 am tomorrow to beat the heat , went off at 9:45 today and maaaaaaaan was it hot.

Reactions: Eyeseeing and ps241

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
5:30am and it's 18 outside.:eek: Going to come back and read this post in January just to warm up. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
86 today and am i thankful for the early tee time, it's friggin hot out there.
C3688F10-6FAB-497D-8940-D36863DEBF33.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Ya'll want some? I've had to dodge rain for the past few weeks to make it out.

And yesterday I played in ~80% humidity. That was gross.
That's how it has often been in summers here but this year is complete drought. I don't think I've been rained out or played in rain once.

Usually I would be all for it but its so bad that courses are drying out, farmers crops are being destroyed, forest fires, etc. Supposed to be 30+ celsius for like 8 days straight with no rain in sight too.

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That's how it has often been in summers here but this year is complete drought. I don't think I've been rained out or played in rain once.

Usually I would be all for it but its so bad that courses are drying out, farmers crops are being destroyed, forest fires, etc. Supposed to be 30+ celsius for like 8 days straight with no rain in sight too.

The 4 times I have golfed out at Carman... I have been rained on real good...

Coincidentally, for now, they have good looking crops... still need rain though so they don't go backwards...

My clients hearing about Me getting rained on every time I golf... want Me to go golfing in their fields... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad