OT: Golf 2.0

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
How’d it go yesterday ?
Lots of beers I hope with a decent score.
I played this am at Mars and this afternoon bottled 3 wine kits 84 bottles.
Tomorrow out at 1:30 at Mars again

Completely bi-polar pair of rounds. I had 6 pars each day, none of them par 3s. I barely broke 200 in total over two rounds. When I was good I was brilliant. When I was bad, I was frickin horrendous. Brain just wasn't there. Staying up Friday until 3 drinking probably didn't help the second day. The first day was probably related to the 4 for $18 deal off the beer cart for tall cans. Maybe.

My driver really wasn't a problem. One or two dumb swings bought me some trouble off the tee but that's sadly normal. I got in trouble in many, many other ways. My irons abandoned me for periods of time (or my ability to swing said irons abandoned me). Too much head popping prior to contact. Putting at Mars was comical after playing Grand Pines.

I haven't golfed well in 3-4 years, aside from one really good round at Mars last year. Mentally I'm just not there. Too many squirrels.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Completely bi-polar pair of rounds. I had 6 pars each day, none of them par 3s. I barely broke 200 in total over two rounds. When I was good I was brilliant. When I was bad, I was frickin horrendous. Brain just wasn't there. Staying up Friday until 3 drinking probably didn't help the second day. The first day was probably related to the 4 for $18 deal off the beer cart for tall cans. Maybe.

My driver really wasn't a problem. One or two dumb swings bought me some trouble off the tee but that's sadly normal. I got in trouble in many, many other ways. My irons abandoned me for periods of time (or my ability to swing said irons abandoned me). Too much head popping prior to contact. Putting at Mars was comical after playing Grand Pines.

I haven't golfed well in 3-4 years, aside from one really good round at Mars last year. Mentally I'm just not there. Too many squirrels.
As I’ve aged I’ve realized my concentration and focus has waned. It’s too much work over 4 hours. I’m in the “f*** it, it’s going where it’s going” phase of golf.
I’m happy enough with it right now.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

I parred 1 at Mars the last 3 rounds
But I blow up on 4 & 5 like clockwork which spoils the round but I still love getting out with my buddies or whoever will play with me.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
As I’ve aged I’ve realized my concentration and focus has waned. It’s too much work over 4 hours. I’m in the “f*** it, it’s going where it’s going” phase of golf.
I’m happy enough with it right now.

Yeah, I'm trying to move beyond worrying too much about the score. I was never great, but around a 12 handicap. I'd guess I'm a 20 right now (I could calculate it based on limited rounds but it will make me sad)

I'm happy golfing and was ecstatic each time I've been out, in spite of the frustration. The first six holes at Mars on Saturday was awful, my bag kept falling off the pull cart, I was hung over, it was hot/humid/no wind (I took a nine on the 3rd hole, a par three). But I try to just have fun. Good contact makes golf way, way more fun. I'm not throwing clubs or angry, just frustrated. It'll come around or it won't. My biggest goal is to not ruin the round for someone else by being cranky, which is my natural state.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah, I'm trying to move beyond worrying too much about the score. I was never great, but around a 12 handicap. I'd guess I'm a 20 right now (I could calculate it based on limited rounds but it will make me sad)

I'm happy golfing and was ecstatic each time I've been out, in spite of the frustration. The first six holes at Mars on Saturday was awful, my bag kept falling off the pull cart, I was hung over, it was hot/humid/no wind (I took a nine on the 3rd hole, a par three). But I try to just have fun. Good contact makes golf way, way more fun. I'm not throwing clubs or angry, just frustrated. It'll come around or it won't. My biggest goal is to not ruin the round for someone else by being cranky, which is my natural state.
Ya it took me a while to stop getting so angry you stop talking and ruin it for the other guys in your group. We have a couple of guys that get like that and i always try and get them to laugh, sometimes it works. :laugh: Yesterday on the front 9 i was horrible, forgot how to play golf but i just said keep with it, lots of golf left, i played the last 6 holes 1 under. :eek: Always remember your worst day on the golf course is still better than your best day at work.:nod:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Ya it took me a while to stop getting so angry you stop talking and ruin it for the other guys in your group. We have a couple of guys that get like that and i always try and get them to laugh, sometimes it works. :laugh: Yesterday on the front 9 i was horrible, forgot how to play golf but i just said keep with it, lots of golf left, i played the last 6 holes 1 under. :eek: Always remember your worst day on the golf course is still better than your best day at work.:nod:

I golf with a real nice Welshman.
He swears at himself in 3rd person with his accent.
“Ian you dirty rotten whore” whenever he duffs a shot it’s hilarious but it’s not loud or obnoxious.
Golf buddies are awesome

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I golf with a real nice Welshman.
He swears at himself in 3rd person with his accent.
“Ian you dirty rotten whore” whenever he duffs a shot it’s hilarious but it’s not loud or obnoxious.
Golf buddies are awesome
:laugh: That would be hilarious to golf with.

Reactions: ps241

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I had to play Wildewood yesterday and I hope to never play there again, what a silly golf course.
Lol, it is goofy golf personified, it’s however quite a beautiful setting. I’ve played Wildewood many times growing up. You don’t want to go near that place in a tent caterpillar year, yuck!!!!

Just too small a footprint to put a golf course with some legitimacy. It has a couple nice holes but I share your sentiment.

Reactions: Jets 31

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Lol, it is goofy golf personified, it’s however quite a beautiful setting. I’ve played Wildewood many times growing up. You don’t want to go near that place in a tent caterpillar year, yuck!!!!

Just too small a footprint to put a golf course with some legitimacy. It has a couple nice holes but I share your sentiment.
You're right, it's just too small for a real golf course.

I had to punch out from the fairway twice lol, only hit 4 drivers the entire round. Hard to get into any kind of rhythm.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
After a busy start to the season Lake life and now business travel have knocked two, soon to be three weeks out of my golf season. That being said I am suppose to golf this Wednesday in Vancouver with rental clubs. Has anyone golfed Mayfair Lakes in Richmond?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It was a very hot and dry few days, you should see how empty the Seine river is because St.B and Niakiwa use it to water their courses. I would say Windsor uses it too but looking at Windsor yesterday it doesn't look like they are watering at all . :laugh: Saw 2 coyotes walking on the Seine river bank which is usually all water .

Reactions: GNP

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
You had one of those pencils with erasures eh ? :laugh: Very good score, it's amazing how much better 89 sounds than 90 never mind being able to say 87 . :nod:

I was with an older gentleman who was so easy going so I was very relaxed.
I kept the card as I don’t think that’s happening again anytime soon.
I’m just getting up from a nap now so tired....

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
First official 18 hole round in 3 years today. Golfed Mayfair Lakes in Richmond. Zero warm up and using rentals and the course is narrow with lots of water and sand……..what could possibly go wrong.

Started out with double boogey’s on the first 5 holes so sporting a 10 over and was cold and really stiff. I pared the 6th hole against the flow of play and settled in. Finished the front nine at 48 and shot a 43 on the back 9 for a 91.

Highlights

playing the last 13 holes with 4 pars and 3 under Boggy golf.

Sand play was excellent. Hit 8 sand shots 3 from fairway bunkers from 100-150 out and hit the green on all 3 with two inside 10 feet. Green side I nearly holed out 1 and was up and down on 2.

I only lost two balls on a narrow tough watery course on a windy day.

didn’t drive well at all but I was less terrible than normal.

I enjoyed the day

Opportunities to get better

I didn’t put as well as I usually do

I need to build confidence on the tee box.

All in all the day was spectacular. Vendor partners were really cool guys. My cart mate shot a 79 and coached me pretty well.

Good day to be alive

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
First official 18 hole round in 3 years today. Golfed Mayfair Lakes in Richmond. Zero warm up and using rentals and the course is narrow with lots of water and sand……..what could possibly go wrong.

Started out with double boogey’s on the first 5 holes so sporting a 10 over and was cold and really stiff. I pared the 6th hole against the flow of play and settled in. Finished the front nine at 48 and shot a 43 on the back 9 for a 91.

Highlights

Sand play was excellent. Hit 8 sand shots 3 from fairway bunkers from 100-150 out and hit the green on all 3 with two inside 10 feet. Green side I nearly holed out 1 and was up and down on 2.

I enjoyed the day

All in all the day was spectacular. Vendor partners were really cool guys. My cart mate shot a 79 and coached me pretty well.

Good day to be alive

Awesome ps’….

:thumbu:

Reactions: ps241

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Highlights

I enjoyed the day

Good day to be alive

How was the course overall? Better than your average MB track I presume?

I'm out here too. Flying home at 1pm.

Pimawa tomorrow.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
How was the course overall? Better than your average MB track I presume?

I'm out here too. Flying home at 1pm.

Pimawa tomorrow.

It was a really nice coarse, lots of water and sand and didn’t play easy. I am not the best golf course critic I notice allot of guys here remember a high level of detail that I don’t pick up.

I am flying home today as well I am at the airport now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad