Recalled/Assigned: Goldobin Reassigned to Utica

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
he's never going to be an NHL regular
Yup, looking like a pretty bad return for Hansen. When he does eventually request a trade or bolts back to Russia, I wonder what impact it will have on Tryamkin coming back. He had comments about the team having trouble scoring and directly mention Goldobin as someone who could help but wasn't given a chance.

I fully expect to see the excuse "Goldobin was a good return because Hansen isn't playing well in San Jose"

Last edited:

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
I have a feeling this will be a short lived assignment. Ether due to injury, or him playing well in Utica. Hopefully this demotion motivates him (I don't agree with it, and would have liked 1/2 games of ~16mins 1st).

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'd like to see Virtanen sent down as well.

Both players have some of the worst away from the puck game I have ever seen.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's the right move. He'll get another chance once they clear out some players in deadline deals.

If were 100% healthy, i agree @Breakers. I'd like to see Jake get a prominent role and try to be a scorer.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I would agree that this is the right move. He didn't look that great and he needs to find his confidence in the AHL again

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I'd have preferred their first and add another prospect in the receny draft if they don't want to give Goldobin a chance.

I don't know how you send him down over Chaput.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
We couldve done something totally wild and crazy and just played him here :0

You need to be given a chance to learn the pro game while being in the pro game..

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
He's not playing very much here, and w Bart back, it'll be even less. I'm fine w him going back. With stuff like this, a lot comes down to communication. If they're setting clear expectations and telling him what they need from him, that's all I can ask.

For anyone lumping JV in w him, I totally disagree. Feed Jake minutes when he's engaged, the guy isn't going to develop playing 12 minutes. So difficult to build confidence playing scared to f*** up.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Id rather watch him make mistakes but get the occasional flash then watch Chaput and Eriksson do.......well whatever it is they do

The problem is the coach has a mandate to coach to win, not coach to develop a team for the future.

It's baffling why we decided to trade for Goldobin if we weren't going to give him every opportunity to succeed (and take the mistakes along the way). Would have been far, far, far better off taking pure draft pick package.

Reactions: dwarf

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Yup, looking like a pretty bad return for Hansen. When he does eventually request a trade or bolts back to Russia, I wonder what impact it will have on Tryamkin coming back. He had comments about the team having trouble scoring and directly mention Goldobin as someone who could help but wasn't given a chance.

I fully expect to see the excuse "Goldobin was a good return because Hansen isn't playing well in San Jose"
Hansen has been healthy scratched this year and we would've lost him regardless during expansion if we kept him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad