Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thread needs this.

DTQ5Q2DGZ4I6RAOKXMKFSOWKUY.jpg

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
That seed of doubt has definitely been planted in the minds of Vegas players after last night. Reading a lot of their quotes and they are beginning to question what has happened to them and their game in this series.

Caps need to keep it up for Game 4 and blow them right out. Ovie and the boys have learned many lessons in this year's run. Next one should be to show that killer instinct and take their will away.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Seems like a broken record of excuses on the main boards. Everyone said that the Pens didn't play their game against the Caps. Then we were told the Caps won their Cup by beating the Pens and would get slaughtered by Tampa. Then people said Tampa wasn't playing up to their best against the Caps.

Now we are hearing how Vegas doesn't look the same against the Caps and have yet to play their game.

At what point do people actually give the Caps some credit rather than make excuses for the opposition?

It doesn't matter what anyone else says or believes.

Wins are what matter. No one can argue with results. You are what your record says you are.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I'm 50 damn years old, my dad took me to my fist Caps game in 1974, I was 7, it was their inaugural season, and they sucked a$$. I've been a hockey fan, hockey player, and Caps fan ever since that day.

I've been down on this team from time to time but I've bled Caps Red White and Blue and then whatever the fck that blue and gold crap was, and now all red, for all 44 years.

Yep. My story except in almost 49, and started in 1977.

It Is Time

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
No way. The only comparable defender they had was Schimdt, but Werenski and Jones were lightyears ahead of everyone else. And offensively there's no one to be scared of from Vegas while on the other hand Panarin was the most terrifying player we've faced all post season. Generally I think that's pretty much the only thing holding the Knights back, they just don't have any dominate forward to really dictate a game and for as good as Schmidt is he's not a "real" number 1.

I like the Tampa comparison. They're like Tampa light in that they're a fast and skilled team but seem to lack that mental fortitude.

Really? Tampa had talent in spades, internal fortitude in spurts. I see Vegas as exactly the opposite. Talent in spurts and internal fortunate in spades.

I expect their best game on Monday. By a long shot. They win GM4, and they are back in the drivers seat. Caps cannot take ANYTHING for granted here (neither should we, as Cup starved fans of 40+ years). They’ve won nothing and are one game from being in full scramble mode again.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Neal was -3 in 1348 haha and got abused by Djoos after counter hitting Orpik. Its safe to say that is the hardest hit CD has thrown, and probably the maddest he has ever been. I need a gif of Djoos!

Event Summary

Randoms. We had a lot of blocks. Oshie 5-0 in the dot. Hitting looks very spread out compared to usual. Only 2 guys didn't log a hit. Nisky and Orlov logging a ton of TOI.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
At what point do people actually give the Caps some credit rather than make excuses for the opposition?

I do not give a rats eff about "credit" on HF boards. The hockey professionals, especially the ones who have been highly critical of the Caps in the past, know this team is doing everything right. That plus $7.45 will get you a small burnt coffee at Starbucks, if you're lucky :)

The credit will come, engraved for all time, on that big silver Cup. That's all that matters, not these trolls.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like a broken record of excuses on the main boards. Everyone said that the Pens didn't play their game against the Caps. Then we were told the Caps won their Cup by beating the Pens and would get slaughtered by Tampa. Then people said Tampa wasn't playing up to their best against the Caps.

Now we are hearing how Vegas doesn't look the same against the Caps and have yet to play their game.

I could give 2 shits. Seriously. Not a care in the world what other fans think. Most of them are bitter Pens fans anyway....you know, the ones who don’t consider us “rivals”.

GO CAPS!!!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yep. My story except in almost 49, and started in 1977.

It Is Time

If you've been watching this long you know, there has never been a Caps team like this. Not just the statistical fact of having two Cup final wins, but the resilience, the grit, the toughness, the heart, the drive, the determination, the short memory, the "it" factor.

From losing G1 & 2 at home to CBJ and reeling off four straight, to losing game 1 to Pens in a "here we go again" moment but beating them on OT to advance, to blowing a 2-0 road built lead to TB, going down 3-2 then not allowing a goal for 8 periods, to losing G1 of these finals, to the injuries and suspensions, these Caps bounce back like nothing and no one I've ever seen wear the Caps sweater.

Its as if the entire team, collectively but lead without a doubt by Ovi, just said "enough is enough, we're winning the Cup this year" and then set out to let absolutely nothing at all stop them. The Caps have been really unlucky this playoffs, and the Refs have been decidedly "pro Caps opponent" all along. This run isn't fueled by luck. just the opposite. Its fueled by determination.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Maybe it was mentioned in this thread but did anyone see late in the game when Wilson was down on the ice being pummeled by 2-3 Knights, and while just trying to get up and skate away the refs moved in to restrain him, and only him?

Did I see that wrong? We've witnessed that crap the last couple of years during the regular season, but in the Final?? With all those cheap shot artists in Vegas taking so many liberties? Come on.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Really? Tampa had talent in spades, internal fortitude in spurts. I see Vegas as exactly the opposite. Talent in spurts and internal fortunate in spades.

I expect their best game on Monday. By a long shot. They win GM4, and they are back in the drivers seat. Caps cannot take ANYTHING for granted here (neither should we, as Cup starved fans of 40+ years). They’ve won nothing and are one game from being in full scramble mode again.

Disagree. Let’s not forget: down 0-2 in R1, tied 2-2 going into G5, R2, down 3-2 after blowing 2-0 lead in R3. Obviously winning game 4 would be best, but this team doesn’t have scramble mode. They have rally mode.

EDIT: what KSDave said.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its time to start giving Trotz his props too.

edit: I think how well Vegas handles g4 is open to suggestion. They have plenty of talent and skill. Its just mostly on a single plane of a roster full of 2nd forwards and 3/4 defensemen. They with a chip on their shoulder but lets be honest. No team in the first 3 rounds has pushed them game to game the way the Capitals have. Each game has tilted increasingly toward the Caps.

Vegas needs an early goal to help themselves mentally. If the Caps play scoreless til halfway, that only helps the Caps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad