Post-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Great shot from last night, from reddit.

9cgrhtG.jpg

Crowd looks like it is on fire. Nice picture. :)

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Just watched the postgames. Love hearing them almost to a man talking about how dissatisfied they were with their puck management. They are focused on playing even better.

That’s good. The Caps can certainly play better and will have to play better as Las Vegas certainly is going to up their game.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I agree on one level but let's not have short memories. They destroyed the Bolts in games one and two, then in the blink of an eye they were down three games to two.

Of course I am cautiously optimistic, emphasis on the CAUTIOUSLY, but you won't erase 25 seasons of angst until Gary hands that Cup to Ovie.

Oh for sure - when I say "this team is better" and "they've got this" I am referring to a general level of confidence that I didn't feel in past seasons. Winning the Cup is not guaranteed by any means. Still need to win two more games and this Vegas team are no pushovers.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
The more I sit here and think the more I believe that the Caps need to come out VERY hungry for Game 4. Winning that game will just totally defeat Vegas. I honestly can't see Vegas winning three straight against the Caps after having lost three straight to them.

Caps losing Game 4 will put life back into Vegas as they head home for Game 5.

Drive the stake home tomorrow night.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yep, win tomorrow, probably cede game 5 when they’re desperate at home and raise the Cup in DC. That’s my dream scenario currently.

Reactions: Heath

ocubed

Apr 13, 2016
Obviously I'm happy about the last win but why do I still have this feeling of dread? So close yet so far away.

Game 4 is usually a turning point in the series. Fingers crossed.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Obviously I'm happy about the last win but why do I still have this feeling of dread? So close yet so far away.

Game 4 is usually a turning point in the series. Fingers crossed.
This is exactly how I feel. I want to be positive but I am just waiting for them to screw the pooch. For them to come this far and not finish this would be absolutely deverstating. Please win!

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
The more I sit here and think the more I believe that the Caps need to come out VERY hungry for Game 4. Winning that game will just totally defeat Vegas. I honestly can't see Vegas winning three straight against the Caps after having lost three straight to them.

Caps losing Game 4 will put life back into Vegas as they head home for Game 5.

Drive the stake home tomorrow night.

It's the Caps. We are prepared for any devastation.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
If it wasn't for the refs love affair with Vegas and the 100 degree weather bouncing puck we would be dominating them.
When Vegas doesn't have their set plays for the crazy puck bounces they are not that good.
I see why home ice is so important to Vegas

Reactions: JenniferH

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Does someone have the official stat they showed in regards to OV and Kuzy both having 25 points in a playoff run? Showed the only other teammates to ever do that was Crosby/Malkin, Toews/Kane, and I believe Kopitar/Carter/Williams. I noticed that every team that had multiple teammates with 25+ points all won the cup. Good omen.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Seems like a broken record of excuses on the main boards. Everyone said that the Pens didn't play their game against the Caps. Then we were told the Caps won their Cup by beating the Pens and would get slaughtered by Tampa. Then people said Tampa wasn't playing up to their best against the Caps.

Now we are hearing how Vegas doesn't look the same against the Caps and have yet to play their game.

At what point do people actually give the Caps some credit rather than make excuses for the opposition?

Devils fan here:

Great question IMO those that think the other teams aren't playing their game don't understand hockey. It's the Washington Caps play that is throwing off the other teams from playing their game. They don't know that in playoff hockey that's a team strategy. Again IMO the Washington Caps are doing an excellent job of disturbing the opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad