Post-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Devils fan here:

Great question IMO those that think the other teams aren't playing their game don't understand hockey. It's the Washington Caps play that is throwing off the other teams from playing their game. They don't know that in playoff hockey that's a team strategy. Again IMO the Washington Caps are doing an excellent job of disturbing the opponents.

Been preaching that over and over. Caps deserve the credit for what they're doing to every single opponent they've played.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Does someone have the official stat they showed in regards to OV and Kuzy both having 25 points in a playoff run? Showed the only other teammates to ever do that was Crosby/Malkin, Toews/Kane, and I believe Kopitar/Carter/Williams. I noticed that every team that had multiple teammates with 25+ points all won the cup. Good omen.

I'm sure the Oilers must have done that a few times. I believe these stats would be from the post lockout 2005-06 era?

Reactions: HandsomeTom43

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Still 2 more wins, don't get ahead of ourselfs
The main difference in this type of belief and/or overconfidence is it doesn’t breed complacency and arrogance but rather energy, resilience, and tenacity. The bad type of overconfidence is what you would find from a team more talented and getting it done by a collection of individual efforts. This team has achieved this success through team effort and maximizing potential. Their ceiling is simply higher than Vegas’s and they love to put it on display. This team and city’s chomping at the bit to end the opponent. They want to play for each other and they want to give Holtby the shutout he deserved. I would not want to be in white tonight. The Caps will be relentless, focused, and methodical. You watch.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
just learned that Trotz calls Kuz the Birdman as well

And he calls DSP... Devo. Maybe all the players do.

Devo.jpg

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I'm sure the Oilers must have done that a few times. I believe these stats would be from the post lockout 2005-06 era?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Coffey had to have had some huge playoff runs, plus wouldn't be surprised if the Islanders did as well.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
If you have, and are sporting, an Andrew Gordon jersey, you win the fanatic award going away. :)

I’ve got a LOT of jerseys. My wife is not “pleased”.... as they take up a LOT of closet space. And I’ve only got about half of them hung. Other half are in the garage packed up.

But I like the odd ball ones. Like my game worn Blue Screaming Eagle #28 Eric Charron. Missed out on a 1981 GW Gaeten Duchene yesterday. Not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad