GDT: Gold Medal Game: Canada Vs Russia | 1:00PM EST 7PM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I think it's because goalies are big part of outcome. Team that lose in qualification round, then uses different goalie in playoffs, and suddenly it's different game.

Another point I'd argue is that in short form tourneys, the losing team will make significant adjustments while the winning team tries to execute the exact same way that got them the win. The winning team then has to react to a new set of tactics.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Gotta slow down this Russian team from roaring through the neutral zone with complete authority, everything starts offensively for them off that, need to frustrate them all game long that way.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Another point I'd argue is that in short form tourneys, the losing team will make significant adjustments while the winning team tries to execute the exact same way that got them the win. The winning team then has to react to a new set of tactics.
The other thing that should be taken into consideration is Russians won that game by just simply outworking Canada. Not that much difference in overall skill level between the teams. So if Russians stick to what brought them success the first time, that doesn't sound like a bad plan whatever adjustments Canada makes. It's just the question of how much gas and will in the tank Canada has to match that intensity.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Jeez can’t the coyotes stop him from playing? I mean if he’s hurt and they run hayton it could really hurt his future.

junior tourneys are not NHL games.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Have no idea what to expect from this game but I have to assume it will be exciting. Hope Canada plays its game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
hey russia

you guys are going down and you stink

u6f7lfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest