GDT: Gold Medal Game: Canada Vs Russia | 1:00PM EST 7PM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Russian players could be using PED’s

I'm curious if the IIHF even tests for PED's in this tournament, you're not wrong. How many times have we heard stories of Russian athletes being banned for doping? heck Russia had to compete as the "Olympic Athletes from Russia" and under the Olympic flag last olympics because of this..I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if a handful of Russians tested positive, they're renowned for it.

ps not trying to offend just stating facts.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
And that oponenent lost to both the Czechs and Americans. Also just went to ot with the Swedes. Overall we have been the best team.
If they are then they should prove it today. We will see, but it won't be a shame if they lose because they were best team. If they lose Russia will have shown they are the best team.

I will gladly come here and say you were correct should Canada win, in fact I very much hope to.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
drago2.jpg

go ruski

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Watching Jose Caps. Whats up with Hayton?
He injured his shoulder at the end of yesterdays game. Questionable if he will play today. TSN just showed him in the warm-up, barely using that hand on his stick, not shooting the puck with an velocity at all.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I'm curious if the IIHF even tests for PED's in this tournament, you're not wrong. How many times have we heard stories of Russian athletes being banned for doping? heck Russia had to compete as the "Olympic Athletes from Russia" and under the Olympic flag last olympics because of this..I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if a handful of Russians tested positive, they're renowned for it.
If IIHF doesn't test for PEDs, then use it too?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Interesting... in the last 20 years neither Canada nor Russia has been able to beat the other twice in the same tournament. Any time they've faced each other twice, the loser of the round robin game has won the medal round game.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Interesting... in the last 20 years neither Canada nor Russia has been able to beat the other twice in the same tournament. Any time they've faced each other twice, the loser of the round robin game has won the medal round game.
I think it's because goalies are big part of outcome. Team that lose in qualification round, then uses different goalie in playoffs, and suddenly it's different game.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

ps not trying to offend just stating facts.

Its not too late to postpone the game until WADA can do a thorough investigation. Reschedule the game for April or May.

Reactions: wacko2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad