GDT: Gold Medal Game: Canada Vs Russia | 1:00PM EST 7PM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
GM of the National team.. or maybe assistant GM. He's the one that told Vrana they're benching him for a 3rd line KHL player. He's handsome so maybe the Czechs like him behind the mic.lol
LOL.
I remember like yesterday that draft he was in, he was looked at by most scouts as hands down the player with by far the most offensive upside.

This in a draft that had Jaromir Jagr, scouting is not an exact science. Not that Nedved turned out be a bad player but Jagr he was not.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
LOL.
I remember like yesterday that draft he was in, he was looked at by most scouts as hands down the player with by far the most offensive upside.

This in a draft that had Jaromir Jagr, scouting is not an exact science. Not that Nedved turned out be a bad player but Jagr he was not.
In fairness... Jagr was behind the iron curtain and Nedved was in the WHL as he'd defected.

Everything fell in place for Jagr.. he didn't have to defect, he showed up and got to play with a veteran like Bryan Trottier right away, they signed Hrdina to help him, Mario took him under his wing etc. Every bounce went his way. The guys one year older than him had to defect in trunks of cars.lol

I loved Nedved and especially his wrist shot. I think Nolan was first in the draft as well.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
In fairness... Jagr was behind the iron curtain and Nedved was in the WHL as he'd defected.

Everything fell in place for Jagr.. he didn't have to defect, he showed up and got to play with a veteran like Bryan Trottier right away, they signed Hrdina to help him, Mario took him under his wing etc. Every bounce went his way. The guys one year older than him had to defect in trunks of cars.lol

I loved Nedved and especially his wrist shot. I think Nolan was first in the draft as well.
He was.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I mean, they don't really have to do anything, Hayton can dress and then just not play

Reactions: Anichels

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Canada has to look past the dirty tactics that the Russians use and just play hockey.

I was hoping for this match up and while it won't be easy expect that Canada will win out in the end. Don't get suckered in by their cheap shots.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Canada has to look past the dirty tactics that the Russians use and just play hockey.

I was hoping for this match up and while it won't be easy expect that Canada will win out in the end. Don't get suckered in by their cheap shots.
Russia has been hyper aggressive after the whistle around their net. Canada should get in there (cleanly) and let Russians take dumb penalties.

Reactions: Iapyi

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
We got pulverized by the opponent we face today earlier in the tournament. We have not clearly showed we have been the best team this tournament whatsoever.
And that oponenent lost to both the Czechs and Americans. Also just went to ot with the Swedes. Overall we have been the best team.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
good morning one and all.

coffee is a brewin. time to fire up the grill pan and get me some jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwiches with a splash of Frank's Red Hot. I have a feeling things are going to get a little spicy in the GMG.

Hope that Hayton is good to go...but not looking good.

Canada with the 4-3 W in a down to the wire, highly charged affair with lots of shenanigans.
IMG_4552.GIF

Reactions: jj cale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->