GDT: Gold Medal Game • Canada 3, Russia 5 • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Remember, those that hasn't watched this game, it's up on TSN.ca in their archive. No proxy needed.

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
Like they said at TSN after 2 periods: "Canada is not Finland"

:sarcasm:

facepalm.gif

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
TSN reported that Schenn suffered a separated shoulder during the Switzerland game but obviously he still played. Anything else trickling in from both sides about what injuries some of the players have? Just interested.

Also congrats Russia! That was a crazy game. Wow

Tarasenko’s ribs were so bad that Russian coach Valeri Bragin ordered him back to the locker room, and Tarasenko refused to go. As Russian goaltender Igor Bobkov recounted, “Vladimir Tarasenko, our captain, he has injury, and the coach said ‘Don’t go’ in the first period, and he said, ‘No, I’m going.’ And he scored the third goal. It’s the best captain in m life.â€

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
wow that's awesome....I fell in love with the Russian team when they beat Finland.....cool Under-20 team

I loved how the Russian kids screamed that awesome anthem

After hearing that one kid they got early on screetch it, I may be traumatized for life;)

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Tarasenko’s ribs were so bad that Russian coach Valeri Bragin ordered him back to the locker room, and Tarasenko refused to go. As Russian goaltender Igor Bobkov recounted, “Vladimir Tarasenko, our captain, he has injury, and the coach said ‘Don’t go’ in the first period, and he said, ‘No, I’m going.’ And he scored the third goal. It’s the best captain in my life.â€

Where did you get this?

brevard*

haha, kinda funny how it all worked out. After handing it to the US I really didn't care about the rest of the tourny... and what do you know.. they don't win.

Carefull, you're inferiority complex is showing.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Can't help just loving this result... I well know that Canada is the world capital of nice, my best friend is Canadian (God bless his twisted Winnipegian heart), but when it comes to hockey it is the Superpower, with all the arrogance and the sense of entitlement that goes with superpowerdom. Of course, I anyway prefer the madly skillful, almost artistic Russian style of play to the deadly efficiency of modern Canadian hockey. A lovely result, a lovely third period!

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Its extremely hard to understand why Canadians react to others taunting them if they loose.

Most Canadians -- from leaders, to commentators from TSN and plenty of the players -- around these tournaments constantly goes about with a big trailor trash-mentality acting like the biggest a-holes in the world.

Like the Canadian coaches severly taunting the coloured reporter for swedish television after the win against the US was a new low.
(http://hockey.expressen.se/trekronor/1.2278342/kanadas-attack-pa-svt-profilen-fjall)

Then you are suprised if people reacts and gives some back?

You want respect? Act with some kind of decency then...

Thanks for supplying the link, but...

(It's in Swedish, I think)

Tarasenko’s ribs were so bad that Russian coach Valeri Bragin ordered him back to the locker room, and Tarasenko refused to go. As Russian goaltender Igor Bobkov recounted, “Vladimir Tarasenko, our captain, he has injury, and the coach said ‘Don’t go’ in the first period, and he said, ‘No, I’m going.’ And he scored the third goal. It’s the best captain in my life.”

For some reason I can't stop reading this over and over.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
That happens for being over-confident, take that canada, this one is gonna be a tough oneeeeeeeeeeeee.

Something good after the disaster game against the pens yesterday

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Canada simply gave up after the 2nd period. You had to know Russia was going to try to come back. At 3 nothing Canada should have tried to protect the lead. Just an awful performance for Canada in the 3rd period last night. Congrats to Russia they deserved the win.

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
Hehe, it looks like Canada tried to play defensively in the third period. Big mistake:). Only one country can play defensively against Russia - its Czechia.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
haha, kinda funny how it all worked out. After handing it to the US I really didn't care about the rest of the tourny... and what do you know.. they don't win.

So that means the US took everything out of Canada than? Well I guess you really do fear the US after all!!!

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Literally, it means a "fallen woman" but in this context "....ing yeah!".

That's interesting. I've got a large group of Russian friends, and they've always told me they mean 'b****' when they say it. Maybe it's because they're mostly American born Russians?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Where are all the Canadians?

We're here, but I didn't see the game (Christmas Party...I know, after Christmas, but that's the Hotel Industry for you). I heard the score, but I wanted to see what happened in the end.

By the way, you in particular are just as bad as some of our ridiculous fans...

Congrats to Russia, they were a clutch team and deserved the gold!

As for Canada, back to the drawing board to see what went wrong! First thing, find a talented goalie. What the hell happened to the goalies in this country the last few years? :cry:

Snauen*

Congrats Russia, although Sweden was the best team, since they already beaten both Finalists earlier in the tournament.

mmitchell19

Apr 11, 2007
Ellisville, MO
Tarasenko’s ribs were so bad that Russian coach Valeri Bragin ordered him back to the locker room, and Tarasenko refused to go. As Russian goaltender Igor Bobkov recounted, “Vladimir Tarasenko, our captain, he has injury, and the coach said ‘Don’t go’ in the first period, and he said, ‘No, I’m going.’ And he scored the third goal. It’s the best captain in my life.â€

So not only did Foligno's right skate collide with Tarasenko's head, knocking him senseless on that accidental play in the 2nd...perhaps Foligno's left skate also hit him in a ribcage that was already injured?

Wow...those are some big Russian cajones right there. What a tank.

And it seemed like that Sergeev kid on D was on the ice the whole game...he was their anchor down low in their zone & did a lot of unheralded grunt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad