GDT: Gold Medal Game • Canada 3, Russia 5 • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Big congratulations to Russia for their incredible run and a well deserved gold medal. Two fantastic comebacks made this tourney one to remember! :handclap:

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
1st and 2nd period Russia could barely get past the Canadian defense, they played the first 40mins to the max and in the last 20mins all went to hell

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Jesus, why the **** is there still a pissing match going on between Swedes and Canadians? Both Swedes and Canadians on these boards should stop being dickheads and move on...Grow the **** up for god's sake... the tournament is over.

I don't know, but it's sad. People are taking this so seriously (this year and last) it's honestly turning me off from this tournament completely.

Non-Canadians seem even more obsessed with Canada losing than Canadians do with Canada winning (and for their own countries, Swedes and Americans in particular, the result is acceptable because Canada choked...at least, that's the impression I get reading a lot of this). I found it surprising how many Canadians congratulated Russia and admitted to a crushing defeat so soon after the game. That's all for not, though, apparently.

Everyone hates Canada when it comes to hockey, and I love it.

hammerwielder

Jan 6, 2008
Canada
The facts are this: only Canadians know, and care, about those facts. The rest of the world has actual stuff going on.

We've lots of actual stuff going on too, we can multitask. :naughty:

The post was just a response to another that brought into issue how the "real" Canada did. I would contend that the best measure of how the "real" Canada did is measured most accurately by true best-on-best competitions, and the facts just are what they are.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I don't know, but it's sad. People are taking this so seriously (this year and last) it's honestly turning me off from this tournament completely.

Non-Canadians seem even more obsessed with Canada losing than Canadians do with Canada winning (and for their own countries, Swedes and Americans in particular, the result is acceptable because Canada choked...at least, that's the impression I get reading a lot of this). I found it surprising how many Canadians congratulated Russia and admitted to a crushing defeat so soon after the game. That's all for not, though, apparently.

This is a national simplification. The issue is much deeper than that. Keyword: Canadian humility, or non-existance of.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison

Hard to imagine why everyone else would be rooting against you guys...

FAIL-1.jpg

And don't even say this is the only guy who feels this way.

hammerwielder

Jan 6, 2008
Canada
Hm... And how many times did Canada win outside of... well, Canada? 2 times?

Three times, which is two more times than any other team has won period. And what exactly is the point here, that where the tournament was held in Canada the games didn't count? That the other teams weren't trying? That people didn't stay up all night in Russia, Sweden etc. just to watch them? If winning on enemy ice before a hostile crowd is your point, I would direct you to the last three games of the '72 Series. In a row. Shaibu!

I mean how many times did Canada refuse to play vs some of the best teams in the hockey history just because they didn't want to travel too far?

Never happened. The IIHF under Bunny Ahearn refused to permit professionals to play at World tournaments. So Canada sent college kids, who regularly medaled. Canada then boycotted for a few years until the IIHF finally permitted pros to play.

And they haven't still decided whether they would come to Sochi or not...

That's an NHL issue that affects all league players from whatever countries, not a Canada issue. You'll have to ask your American friends Bettman and Fehr which way the wind is blowing on that one.

Snauen*

The classic imposed ascendencies of individuality. I don't care either what you think I follow and don't follow.

Divide by conquering. Part families, part individuals to be reliant on the government, being fed demoralizing information to fear what's outside. Deprive them of their sense of freedom, take authority away by giving them the "right" to vote on a different monkey with a different tie every 4th year. The sense of responsibility is washed away, given to a corrupt bunch with no aspiring behaviour other than their own welfare.

People can't think for themselves, that's pretty evident through years of demoralization and dehumanization. Regardless of information, people can't come to sensible conclusions, in the act of defending themselves, their families, their community and their nation, regardless of actions, be it war, murder or anything that the individual should really see as deeply wrong, because really, the demoralized individual can't come to sensible conclusions.

You'll never find courage from yourself. Courage comes from the group. Groups, can act on behalf of rational behaviour if united. Individuals seldom do. Let me guess, competition is healthy? A democracy is a government run by the people? All people are equal? Freedom is a right? There comes a time for questioning. You can believe you are strong as an individual as long as you want, but the truth of evolution is on the wall.
Ok.. Firstly you talk about Swedes and Canadians beeing equally 'reasonable and likeable' then whit this post you seem to hate/disslike all of humanity or what all people have become today 'thru years of dehumanization'. It does not add up really, eventhough I agree whit some of the things you are saying.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
the only team that beat the Swedes win gold, there it is. Noone cares about the bronzegame. not the players not audience. Next year Bronzegame is gone. Congratulations to Russia they beat Sweden And Canada. The gold is belongs in Russia this year.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I feel the worst for Marcus Foligno. Of course it sucks for me being a Canada fan seeing our team come so close then imploding but if there was one other reason I wish they won it would have been because his mom asked him to play for Canada. I'm sure it's gotta be extra tough for him now.

Also, congrats to Russia, you guys clearly deserved it.

eberle 144

Dec 22, 2010

FAIL-1.jpg

It was most definitely a fail this year BUT,
-we had 7 players in the NHL ;)
-We had key injuries
- we have won 5 out of last 7 lmao

And take a look at the attachment
HOCKEY is our GAME!!!!!!:nod:

Last edited:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Winners of true best-on-best competitions over the past 40 years:

1972 Summit Series: CANADA
1976 Canada Cup: CANADA
1981 Canada Cup: SOVIET UNION
1984 Canada Cup: CANADA
1987 Canada Cup: CANADA
1991 Canada Cup: CANADA
1996 World Cup: UNITED STATES
1998 Olympics: CZECH REPUBLIC
2002 Olympics: CANADA
2004 World Cup: CANADA
2006 Olympics: SWEDEN
2010 Olympics: CANADA

Twelve times the hockey powers have met in best-on-best competitions and Canada has won eight of them, while no other country has won more than once.

Those are the facts.

'nuff said.

1976 was not the best of best.

1984 and 1987 the moral winner was the Soviet Union because of refereeing was just too one-sided in Canada's favor.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007

FAIL-1.jpg

the picture is just sad. is he 15 yrs old that dude? if so okay you could understand. Religious freaks. Not all canadians i know, but some are just hilarious with the game. Come there must be something else to do? Go Russia That team deserved it the most.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Winners of true best-on-best competitions over the past 40 years:

1972 Summit Series: CANADA
1976 Canada Cup: CANADA
1981 Canada Cup: SOVIET UNION
1984 Canada Cup: CANADA
1987 Canada Cup: CANADA
1991 Canada Cup: CANADA
1996 World Cup: UNITED STATES
1998 Olympics: CZECH REPUBLIC
2002 Olympics: CANADA
2004 World Cup: CANADA
2006 Olympics: SWEDEN
2010 Olympics: CANADA

Twelve times the hockey powers have met in best-on-best competitions and Canada has won eight of them, while no other country has won more than once.

Those are the facts.

'nuff said.
Wow you are searching the records there, good for you. Not enough said though! its a fact, yes. And why? Can & Russia have sooo many more players. Its a fact! You cant compare Finland & Sweden to Russia or Canada. Of course Canada wins more often than Finland for example, its just simple math. Smaller countries has alot fewer players to build good teams with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad