Pre-Game Talk: Going for four in Chicago

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Series like those is what turns players into Stanley Cup champions.

We saw what happened when Edmonton and Calgary play playoff hockey earlier in the season. It resulted in the Oilers running the flames out of the building. All of their top players minus Tkachuk disappear come playoff time anyway. I would much rather play Calgary in the first round than Vancouver or Vegas

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Win in Chicago please. It would take a ton of pressure off of that tough trip coming up a bit later.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I hate getting into back and forth shootouts with Patrick Kane..

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
Will Yamamoto find himself on the first unit powerplay?? I feel like he's a better option than Neal or Chiasson

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think Chicago is going to have issues shutting down two lines.

Thats how I see this game as well.
Unless the team comes out flat emotionally I think that this game (Chicagos style) will work to the Oilers advantage.

FlyingPhi

Jan 9, 2008
Playa Hermosa
Go Oilers. And with respect to @Mowzie (good thread man)...yes we can have a little class and respect for others with some eye candy.

KEaFPOM.png

Word. And let's get some content for different preferences.

giphy.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just landed in Chicago, prepping for the big game tomorrow. Never been to United Center and looking forward to seeing/hearing the Madhouse on Madison in person and then seeing the Oilers sweep the road trip!

I’m with @bellagiobob btw.
Pretty gal > Dudes ass.
However Cows > Pretty gal and @FlyingPhi also better than Terry Crews pec flex. :nod:

FlyingPhi

Jan 9, 2008
Playa Hermosa
Yes, doesn't mean it's good for the heart.

Yea, I'd rather win the Pacific and play the Jets/Canucks/Yotes if any of them finish in the WC1 spot.

I don't really want to play the Wild. Unfortunately I think they will finish in WC1, so finishing second in the Pacific may be the easiest road to the WC semis.

We are 4-8 in our last 12 against the Wild. Talent be damned, they got our number. We are 5-7-1 against the Flames, 6-6 against the Nucks, 6-4-2 against the Jets, and 5-3-4 against the Yotes.

Yea, I know the past isn't a predictor for the future, but I like our chances against any potential team other than the Wild.

Either way, it's nice to legitimately make the assumption of being in the playoffs and scoreboard watching for seeding, rather than qualifying.

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
Wrong place for this I know, but I just noticed that the only two teams currently in a playoff spot with a negative goal differential are playing each other tonight. Go CBJ!!!

Let's also appreciate that the team, currently in a playoff spot, with the worst goal differential called the Oilers pretenders ... just saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00