HF Habs: Goaltending Prospects/Young Players - Who to Keep Who to Trade

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Good team: the goalie is part of the reason why the team is good. Gauthier, full line of early picks Smith, Leonard, Perrault.
Bad team: the goalie has little to do with their record.

Not gonna watch ncaa games.
Not gonna watch Swiss league.

3 goalies drafted by Mtl were drafted 6th, 10th and 13th of their class. lets not get crazy 5 months later they are not 1-2-3…

Ok if you're not going to watch the goalies play the games then you can refrain from making comments about their ability, their projections, or their numbers.

"Hey man, do you think I should go see this movie in theatres?"
"Yeah absolutely, it's really good."
"Oh yeah what did you like about it?"
"I don't know, I didn't watch it."

Reactions: bcv

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Ok if you're not going to watch the goalies play the games then you can refrain from making comments about their ability, their projections, or their numbers.

"Hey man, do you think I should go see this movie in theatres?"
"Yeah absolutely, it's really good."
"Oh yeah what did you like about it?"
"I don't know, I didn't watch it."
How many goalies get pulled 3 games in a row? I’m sure you watch games of Fowler, Miller, and that other stellar goalie playing in the MHL so i guess your opinion isnt all that superior.

Not watching Laval either but i can see they suck once again.

Will gladly watch Miller when he gets in the NHL, but will not happen and you know it. Kid was told by his agent he would not be drafted and boom 3 goalies drafted in rounds 3-4-5. It makes a whole lot of sense right?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How many goalies get pulled 3 games in a row? I’m sure you watch games of Fowler, Miller, and that other stellar goalie playing in the MHL so i guess your opinion isnt all that superior.

Not watching Laval either but i can see they suck once again.

Will gladly watch Miller when he gets in the NHL, but will not happen and you know it. Kid was told by his agent he would not be drafted and boom 3 goalies drafted in rounds 3-4-5. It makes a whole lot of sense right?

You really think a 3 game stretch on one of the worst Q teams in the league at D+1 is going to define his whole career? I posted you Patrick Roy's QMJHL stats. He definitely got pulled in consecutive games over that time period too. Playing on bad teams can absolutely tank your stats and teams will protect their top goalie if the team doesn't have it.

But you haven't watched any of their games, so how could you possibly know?

And yes, I do watch their games.. Fowler was on TV just last week and had a rough 3rd period. Every MHL game is on Youtube.. oh and, our own Montreal literally posts highlights of Fowler and Volokhin and every game they play.

So you can either watch these guys play and formulate an opinion, or you can stat watch, get called out for stat watching, admit you've never seen them, and understand you don't have an opinion. You can't have one because you don't watch them. All you can do is get mad at stats.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
You really think a 3 game stretch on one of the worst Q teams in the league at D+1 is going to define his whole career? I posted you Patrick Roy's QMJHL stats. He definitely got pulled in consecutive games over that time period too. Playing on bad teams can absolutely tank your stats and teams will protect their top goalie if the team doesn't have it.

But you haven't watched any of their games, so how could you possibly know?

And yes, I do watch their games.. Fowler was on TV just last week and had a rough 3rd period. Every MHL game is on Youtube.. oh and, our own Montreal literally posts highlights of Fowler and Volokhin and every game they play.

So you can either watch these guys play and formulate an opinion, or you can stat watch, get called out for stat watching, admit you've never seen them, and understand you don't have an opinion. You can't have one because you don't watch them. All you can do is get mad at stats.
so you watch Mtl, Laval, Kloten, Boston C, many OHL teams to make educated comments on Beck, Mesar, Florian, the KHL and the MHL.

I dont.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
so you watch Mtl, Laval, Kloten, Boston C, many OHL teams to make educated comments on Beck, Mesar, Florian, the KHL and the MHL.

I dont.

Ok so then don't make comments like you can make any assessment on their games current or future.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

I dont.
And it's perfectly fine for you not to do it.

You should just keep your opinions on players outside the NHL to yourself as we are not interested in your stat scouting.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Ok so then don't make comments like you can make any assessment on their games current or future.
Haha you are too much.
Nobody watches all those teams, not even pro scouts.
His own agent didnt think he was being drafted. NHL teams drafted 9 goalies before him. Habs drafted another goalie right after. I heard he was stellar too.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Haha you are too much.
Nobody watches all those teams, not even pro scouts.
His own agent didnt think he was being drafted. NHL teams drafted 9 goalies before him. Habs drafted another goalie right after. I heard he was stellar too.

His own agent didn't think he was being drafted because he was a back-up goalie who didn't have a lot of exposure.

Do you think it's impossible to watch an 8 minute video on Fowler or Volokhin that shows all of their saves and goals against?

All you are talking about is a bunch of nonsense.

Patrick Roy had bad stats in QMJHL and was pulled in consecutive games.
Henrik Lundqvist was drafted in the 7th round.
Pekka Rinne was one of the last goalies picked in his draft.
Ed Belfour was never drafted at all.

Again, you don't have an opinion. You've admitted you've never watched these guys play. You've admitted you won't even watch a highlight video of their games to get a sense of their ability.

So why should anyone consider anything you are saying on this subject? You have 0 information. You have 0 opinion. You can't give a scouting report on what they are good at or what they need to improve on. You couldn't even conjure up a memory of how they stand or position themselves in the net.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Very easy to tell who boxscore scouts.

Miller is providing stellar goaltending on a terrible roster.. he did have a small blip in a few games but that was less with him playing bad and more his team playing even worse than normal.
Good news for him, it’s that he could be traded in the next weeks in the QMJHL trade window

Reactions: bopeep

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I hope Montreal won’t keep all those prospect and will make some moves. I don’t want to follow Ottawa and Buffalo path. Giving a lot of money to your your guns and still to be out of playoff. They are really too conservative about their prospect pool and they arent able to reach the next level, cause they rely on 21-22 years old player

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That would be sick.. would like to watch him in Baie Comeau since they have more interesting draft eligibles.
I do think they are stronger chances he goes with Rimouski though but the deal is not done so can’t say with confidence that he will be traded there like I can say that Luneau is going with Victo

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
There are rumours about Miller getting interest from Rimouski and it would make sense now that Patrick Roy is supposed to be a hockey advisor with them while they build a team for the 2025 Memorial Cup. I doubt Quebec trades him away unless the return is big though.

Edit : Someone told me Miller is indeed going to Rimouski.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
There are rumours about Miller getting interest from Rimouski and it would make sense now that Patrick Roy is supposed to be a hockey advisor with them while they build a team for the 2025 Memorial Cup. I doubt Quebec trades him away unless the return is big though.

Edit : Someone told me Miller is indeed going to Rimouski.
Yep can confirmed that Miller is going to Rimouski

Reactions: Draft

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I fully admit I haven't watched our goalie prospects, but expecting one to develop into a top-end starter is a real long-shot. Montembeault is currently the only legit starter we can count on – something we shouldn't give up lightly. If Fowler or Dobes becomes better than him, Habs can platoon two reliable goalies, which has become a rare advantage in today's league.

Goalies are like 1Cs – even the mid-tier players at those positions are hard to find.

Reactions: bsl

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I fully admit I haven't watched our goalie prospects, but expecting one to develop into a top-end starter is a real long-shot. Montembeault is currently the only legit starter we can count on – something we shouldn't give up lightly. If Fowler or Dobes becomes better than him, Habs can platoon two reliable goalies, which has become a rare advantage in today's league.

Goalies are like 1Cs – even the mid-tier players at those positions are hard to find.

The thing is - at least we have put ourselves into a position where the odds are better.

They've done a really good job of identifying goalies in previous drafts and every one of them save Croteau and Vrbetic look to have qualities that could propel them into a starting position in the future.

Maybe we get 0.

Maybe we get more than 1.

One thing is for sure.. the Montreal Canadiens always find a goalie. Montembeault being competent from where he was 2 years ago is proof of that.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
IMG_4807.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest