Speculation: Goalie to the Oilers

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Interested in either Jake Allen or Cayden Primeau?

If so, what's the offer?
and this is how pissing contests start. habs brought in allen to help price. habs 1st quality backup in a decade. primeau is the future. neither is available and certainly not to a division rival. oiler fans will undervalue them and the fighting starts. lock this

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
At this point, they don't have to. It basically comes down to the Leafs having an injury, before Dell needs to be waived. Given the Leafs and Oilers play four times this month, it seems highly doubtful, that the Leafs would provide the Oilers any help, by putting him on waivers, knowing he's likely to be claimed.
You're probably right.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If the Oilers claim Dell and they get him, does Dell have to go into quarantine?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
and this is how pissing contests start. habs brought in allen to help price. habs 1st quality backup in a decade. primeau is the future. neither is available and certainly not to a division rival. oiler fans will undervalue them and the fighting starts. lock this

Didn't asked your opinion, I asked Edmonton's fans. Why the heck are you lurking in this thread as a Montreal fan if you don't want to trade any of our goaltender?

But whatever: if the value's all right, I trade either one of them, and keep the other.
Allen was basically signed to be taken up by Seattle, and Price is still young enough that we could get another good goalie prospect. Good goalie prospects is the one thing that Habs can mass produce.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You need a good backup in a condensed year. Moving Rittich would be a massive mistake
One team is proving that having a good backup isn't enough.... of course that's saying that the backup is good. I predict this season is going to be hard on goalies. Not counting the number of B2B games that every team will have to play, there will be a lot of times where you only have one day of rest between games this year and you are going to need your backup to play some of those games so you don't burn out your #1. Plus, goalies are always getting injured. Sometimes minor sometimes major and any kind of injury usually affects a goalies performance.

Here's a hoorah to Brad Treliving. He's been a veritable genius with regards to the Flames goalies in this Covid affected season. He saw what was coming down the road and did his best to prepare for it. Markstrom is the #1, David Rittich is the backup, and he has Louis Domingue on the taxi squad.

Reactions: Boomstick

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Of course
I don't understand this. Dell is in Toronto and has been for some time and as long as he tests covid free before joining the Oilers... whats the problem? Its not like he's coming in from the USA where a 14 day quarantine is mandatory upon arrival in Canada.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't understand this. Dell is in Toronto and has been for some time and as long as he tests covid free before joining the Oilers... whats the problem? Its not like he's coming in from the USA where a 14 day quarantine is mandatory upon arrival in Canada.

Alberta doesn't have any interprovincial quarantine laws/rules in place like the east coast (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and I think PEI) do, so no he wouldn't have to. Maybe they'd make him for 5-7 days just out of safety but seeing who the backup is right now, I highly doubt it.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Jimmy Howard is sill out there i think. Other than that not much available.

You do know he retired ? There also a rumour Holland reached out to him and he said he is happy being with his family . Maybe Covid has him spooked but don't blame him .

Reactions: bernmeister

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You do know he retired ? There also a rumour Holland reached out to him and he said he is happy being with his family . Maybe Covid has him spooked but don't blame him .

No i didn't until now. Good for him to know when to call it quits.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm kind of warming up to the idea of throwing Grosenick a few starts. Strong AHL numbers, 3 of the last four years .919 or better.

Once he's done quarantine, throw him in against the least scary offense you can find - Calgary maybe, or Ottawa - and see what happens.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Alright, Sabres fans, how about we do you a favour and take Carter Hutton?

You just have to do us a favour and take Alex Chiasson.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Allen isn't available...but if he were, it would take an overpayment.

Minimum is a 1st.

Everybody knows the Oil are in trouble with their g'tenders....they have to pay to get.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

It’d also be weird to see Jimmy Howard in another jersey that’s not red and white to be honest.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Teams are going to be holding on to goaltenders like it’s going out of style this year.

Oddly enough, Oilers might be best to run Koskinen hard for a month and see if anyone tries to sneak a decent backup through the waiver wire. I think goalies will be a premium to acquire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad