Joe McGrath's Necessary Poll

• Total voters

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
oh no

not the hippity hops

Today Hip-Hop is considered to be dead in the mainstream because so-called mainstream Hip-Hop doesn't have the elements of hip-hop and have no meaning.

The stuff on MTV and the radio can't be called Hip-Hop because the lyrics don't have any meaning or self expression.

urbandictionary is finger on the pulse.

Reactions: Unsustainable

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Local fans didn't chose Petey Pablo because it was the best song, they chose it because it is our song. Raleigh's song. Petey Pablo lived (maybe still lives) in North Raleigh close to the arena. Almost every kid that that grew up in Raleigh over the past few decades has strong nostalgia attached to Raise Up. If you are not native or newer to NC I can see why this would not make sense.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Local fans didn't chose Petey Pablo because it was the best song, they chose it because it is our song. Raleigh's song. Petey Pablo lived (maybe still lives) in North Raleigh close to the arena. Almost every kid that that grew up in Raleigh over the past few decades has strong nostalgia attached to Raise Up. If you are not native or newer to NC I can see why this would not make sense.

I'm 30. I've lived in Raleigh my entire life. Before this voting, I'd never heard of this song or this artist.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Raise up came out when I was in high school, and it was certainly part of my youth, and I can respect that, but I just can't get behind it as a goal song. Also, I don't like kids on my lawn anymore, or loud sounds. I'm not comfortable with all these changes.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
brb popping in my clay aiken cassette tape
36517205_190102055174920_7409159640363040768_n.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This just seems really odd to me. Hell my 70 year old parents even know it. Even @Boom Boom Apathy does.

Dunno why it's odd. Anyone who doesn't listen to hip hop/rap wouldn't have heard it.

My parents don't know it, but they're more into the country music scene. I don't know it, because my radio station is permanently stuck on classic rock.

Or, if I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll get Pandora to find a 90s station.

QuebeCaniac

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
Never heard of this song... but sounds fun!

They were incidently talking on the radio about last year’s goal song at the Bell Center. Biz - Loco Locass’ singer - said he received a total of 603.75$ as a compensation for his song being played after every Canadiens goal in 16-17. People thought he became millionnaire because of this very popular song. This is a very tough industry.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad