Goal Song Voting Begins

Joe McGrath's Necessary Poll

• Total voters

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I will be so dang pissed if Jump Around wins, that song is not a goal song. That is a song you hear at a UNC basketball game during a tv timeout.

My clear favorite was Lithium by Nirvana. I think the crowd would totally sing the “Yeah eee yeahhhh” part in harmony after it resonates in the fans. I think it could be such a cool goal song! Please vote for it!

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Should’ve been Kurt Angle’s theme music so 18,000 strong (lol) can chant “YOU SUCK” and point at the goalie for a solid minute after every goal.

At this point I probably just keep the current song. None of these seem like a good goal song save for the Brass Bonanza, and I’m not touching that one.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Wish they would have done a different voting structure, feels like Brass Bonanza will end up winning with like 25% of the vote. That's honestly the only one I really don't want. I'd prefer to stay away from Jump Around since UNC already uses it, but it's still a good option. I'm voting Raise Up since it's probably the only one that could get enough support to beat brass bonanza.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Why were some of them so much longer than the others? I hope the lengths of each is not representative of the length of time they will be played for each goal.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Wish they would have done a different voting structure, feels like Brass Bonanza will end up winning with like 25% of the vote. That's honestly the only one I really don't want. I'd prefer to stay away from Jump Around since UNC already uses it, but it's still a good option. I'm voting Raise Up since it's probably the only one that could get enough support to beat brass bonanza.

I think they’re going to pick whichever one they want anyway, so long as it doesn’t get absolutely no support.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Nothing chant-able there.

I like Brass Bonanza more as the victory song it was used as during the season, but would be cool with it being the goal song, if those are the other options.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'd love for us to have something a bit more unique and rocking. What about "More Than Meets the Eye" by Testament? Good, heavy instrumental intro, some "woahs" and the title could go along with a new team identity being "more than meets the eye" or related to "eye of the storm"?

Or go for the hammering intro of Valhalla by Blind Guardian?

OH, how about "Wrecking Crew" by Overkill!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad